ADVERTISEMENT

Coming to Syracuse?

Dec 22, 2021
I'm a Cuse fan. Just reaching out. If anyone is coming to Syracuse it is best if you reach out at our Independent Board to ask questions

www.syracusefan.com

Registration is easy and free.

I plan to be in West LaFayette in 2023. Any suggestions for a place to set up a large tailgate at? We'll probably have about 75-100 fans. A church is fine...we can prepay too.

BTW, any Purdue fans looking for tailgate info...just ask over at SyracuseFan.com

Last edited:
If you're going pretty loose (i.e. some EZ-Ups and grills), Purdue Athletics may accommodate you just like any other group. If you're getting more involved (i.e. pro tent, catering) you might want to reach out to Kappa Delta Rho fraternity east of the stadium.

What's the pre-game bar move at Syracuse?

If you're going pretty loose (i.e. some EZ-Ups and grills), Purdue Athletics may accommodate you just like any other group. If you're getting more involved (i.e. pro tent, catering) you might want to reach out to Kappa Delta Rho fraternity east of the stadium.

What's the pre-game bar move at Syracuse?
Depends on your age.

Probably better to just hang out at the Quad

Middle aged fans, but still go pretty hard. Not going to have a car, so you can just hang at the quad and have some beverages?

Middle aged fans, but still go pretty hard. Not going to have a car, so you can just hang at the quad and have some beverages?
Yes you can...

Another option is Faegan's Pub. It is located next door to Varsity Pizza. Varsity Pizza is a must stop too.

If you want to tailgate with my group...shoot me a private message. We are located about 2 blocks from the Dome. We Normally have 100-200 at our tailgate. Food is great and beer is varied from Coors Light to craft beer.

We are used to hosting visiting fans.

Last edited:
Yes you can...

Another option is Faegan's Pub. It is located next door to Varsity Pizza. Varsity Pizza is a must stop too.

If you want to tailgate with my group...shoot me a private message. We are located about 2 blocks from the Dome. We Normally have 100-200 at our tailgate. Food is great and beer is varied from Coors Light to craft beer.

shame the Blue Tusk closed last year.

Reactions: TexanMark
Bump

A classic Cuse Bar and Restaurant has just reopened in a new spot.

Hungry Chuck’s says it will re-open at 135 Marshall St. tomorrow at 9PM, per the business’s Instagram page.

The crowd here leans younger but on gameday all ages are in there.

Nice update. Any don't-miss suggestion for Friday night - - best area(s) with a few dining & drinking options? I don't want to take the chamber-of-commerce word for it.

Nice update. Any don't-miss suggestion for Friday night - - best area(s) with a few dining & drinking options? I don't want to take the chamber-of-commerce word for it.
Downtown has many awesome restaurants

Italian: Francesca's Cucina

Italian Festival that weekend too

One of the Best Burgers anywhere
Ale n Angus Pub

Barbecue
Dinosaur BBQ is very good and very famous

Irish Pub
Coleman's on Tipperary Hill

Kitty Hoynes Downtown Armory Square

Bar Hopping: Armory Square and Hanover Square

Food Hall Salt City Market

Yes you can...

I may take you up on the tailgate.... My company is based in Syracuse and my son and I will be at the game. I will let you know soon.

Reactions: TexanMark
Ok so I did some checking at our Louisville game.

You can park at the garage at the corner of S. Crouse and Waverly for $30. The attendant said you can even leave it there overnight.

For tailgaters: If you arrive early you can set up here...also $30
673 University Ave

Bumping this to see who might be going to the game? We're in Sect 110 which according to ratemyseats.com is part of the visitor's section, but who knows. Class of '08 here, funny enough my first ever Purdue game was the 2004 shellacking at Ross Ade as a freshman.

Bumping this to see who might be going to the game? We're in Sect 110 which according to ratemyseats.com is part of the visitor's section, but who knows. Class of '08 here, funny enough my first ever Purdue game was the 2004 shellacking at Ross Ade as a freshman.
Yes it is...we are expecting only about 80% full tomorrow.

No cash in the Dome. Credit card or Apple/Google Wallet

Good food and beer selection at Dome

Reactions: roasting-lord
I'm a Cuse fan. Just reaching out. If anyone is coming to Syracuse it is best if you reach out at our Independent Board to ask questions

www.syracusefan.com

Registration is easy and free.

I plan to be in West LaFayette in 2023. Any suggestions for a place to set up a large tailgate at? We'll probably have about 75-100 fans. A church is fine...we can prepay too.

BTW, any Purdue fans looking for tailgate info...just ask over at SyracuseFan.com
Excellent write ups, thanks for the effort. Now I kinda wish I was going. :)

Reactions: roasting-lord
ADVERTISEMENT