ADVERTISEMENT

College Game Day is a joke

*4purdue*

All-American
May 6, 2008
they have their heads so far up the ACC's butts. Virginia/UNC today, Duke/UNC next week and UNC/Duke a few weeks ago. Sickening

I mean, it's a business and they're showing the games that get the largest amount of viewers. It's not like they're intentially not showing Purdue as some sort of diss to us. If Purdue games brought in those kind of numbers and we were a top 10 team you'd see us one there every week too.

I mean, it's a business and they're showing the games that get the largest amount of viewers. It's not like they're intentially not showing Purdue as some sort of diss to us. If Purdue games brought in those kind of numbers and we were a top 10 team you'd see us one there every week too.
It's not even a game, it's a show. Has nothing really to do with the game itself. I'm sure more people were interested in the Purdue vs IU game last week than Texas A&M. They had what looked like a few hundred people at the event. Purdue is sold out today and would have packed GD, yet they pick another ACC venue.

Sure but game day last week wasn't really about A&M it was about Kentucky, another huge viewer base. A nation wide viewer base. People outside of central to northern Indiana don't really care about Purdue. I have no doubt that we would have shown up and put on a great show, it's just a numbers game.

Sure but game day last week wasn't really about A&M it was about Kentucky, another huge viewer base. A nation wide viewer base. People outside of central to northern Indiana don't really care about Purdue. I have no doubt that we would have shown up and put on a great show, it's just a numbers game.
Purdue fan base + IU fan base > Kentucky fan base.

Purdue fan base + IU fan base > Kentucky fan base.

I don't really know how you quantify this, but I was curious so I went to their Facebook pages. Kentucky has some 460k likes, Indiana has 280k likes, and Purdue has a little over 28k likes. I don't know how much appeal the Indiana Purdue rivalry has outside of Indiana, but I know that there are a ton of Kentucky fans at all their games, home or away.

GameDay should have been in West Lafayette. I realize that it's a small town and gets criticized for its size and lack of fan support, which I think is bunk, but they should try and they'll never go back. GO GOLD AND BLACK and you'll never GO BACK is so untrue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT