ADVERTISEMENT

College Football Teams Ranked Historically

Very interesting!

Somehow the strength of schedule should be included. A team that has 20 MAC titles doesn't come close to comparing to a team that has 20 Big titles!

Reactions: delarno
I am surprised FSU is as low as they are.
FSU has a really interesting history.

They had some really mediocre (and even really poor) results until Bobby Bowden arrived in the mid-70's. Even then, it took him about 10 years to really get the program rolling. When he did, they were unbelievably consistent. For about a 15 year stretch they didn't finish outside the top 5.

It's also interesting to note, they were an independent until they joined the ACC in 1992.

Purdue at 40th seems about right, I guess. I didn't look closely, but we were ahead of IU, Illinois, Rutgers, Northwestern (and comparable schools included UNC and NC State).

FSU has a really interesting history.

They had some really mediocre (and even really poor) results until Bobby Bowden arrived in the mid-70's. Even then, it took him about 10 years to really get the program rolling. When he did, they were unbelievably consistent. For about a 15 year stretch they didn't finish outside the top 5.

It's also interesting to note, they were an independent until they joined the ACC in 1992.
Also interesting is they were an all girls school until 1947. Look it up!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT