ADVERTISEMENT

College debt case study

Feel free to read and “feel sorry” for this individual….Biden did.

How did Biden feel sorry? This dude would not qualify for the student loan forgiveness. It is only for individuals making less than $125,000.

How did Biden feel sorry? This dude would not qualify for the student loan forgiveness. It is only for individuals making less than $125,000.
I don’t care what they make. Purchase something then pay for it. It’s really that simple.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
Ok, Biden felt sorry for the younger version of this person (aka when this person was in college or right after they graduated).

more companies should follow the successful business model of many schools:
convince kids to buy expensive priced goods & services that are of little value (liberal arts)

• Haha
Reactions: BSIT
more companies should follow the successful business model of many schools:
convince kids to buy expensive priced goods & services that are of little value (liberal arts)
Hmmm. I see kids with vape pens, tatts, piercings, etc. Seems like marketing works

This all you need to know about this radical move.

Biden voters won’t respond.

Ahhhh…so another “free candy” giveaway. Charge it. Who cares about inflation?

We should probably get the IRS to weigh in on the Biden Administration practices…they are hiring an extra 80k over the next 10 yrs so they have the bodies.

My cynical answer is they did it this way so next year they can say the deficit is lower," economist Marc Goldwein of the center-left Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget told the Washington Free Beacon. "If instead they put it in the 2023 fiscal year, it would look more obvious that they’re increasing the deficit."

The 2022 fiscal year ended Sept. 30. No payments have been made to the program, which begins in the new fiscal year, on Oct. 17

RE cynical answer…that being the truth as to why they back dated the check. We had to spend the money, but we can’t spend it next year (2023). So 🤡Bozo says Let’s spend it in 2022…

Last edited:
How did you pay for your Purdue education?
I worked during the summer at the Elks Golf Course off 52, and was an assistant baseball coach at local HS. I also lived at home (to save room & board) and took a $3000 loan from my dad to pay for my last semester, which was paid off 4 months after I graduated.

My MBA was paid off because I worked and took night courses (80% of my class taking night courses wasn’t working)

why do you ask?

Reactions: BSIT
I worked during the summer at the Elks Golf Course off 52, and was an assistant baseball coach at local HS. I also lived at home (to save room & board) and took a $3000 loan from my dad to pay for my last semester, which was paid off 4 months after I graduated.

My MBA was paid off because I worked and took night courses (80% of my class taking night courses wasn’t working)

why do you ask?
I ask because you've been a member on this board for over 20 years so obviously your Purdue time was influential yet you put down others who want the same experience. Not all of us were lucky enough to live at home and have mom and dad pay our living expenses for 4 years.

Also, you obviously didn't even read your own linked article as no part of it has anything to do with student loan forgiveness and it's definitely not a case study on college debt.

I ask because you've been a member on this board for over 20 years so obviously your Purdue time was influential yet you put down others who want the same experience. Not all of us were lucky enough to live at home and have mom and dad pay our living expenses for 4 years.

Also, you obviously didn't even read your own linked article as no part of it has anything to do with student loan forgiveness and it's definitely not a case study on college debt.
That’s hilarious. How many college kids would live at home versus having the freedom to do what they want to do on a campus…not to mention living out of a backpack for 12 hours a day. Nothing like losing 10 hours a week driving to and from campus. Also, my meals were bought on campus because I wasn’t driving home to eat and then driving back to campus.

None of my classmates that went to Purdue lived at home…why do you think that was? I am sure there are plenty of low cost living options around Lafayette like Oxford, Boswell, Flora, Delphi, Stockwell, Monon, and Chalmers. How many college students live there? Yep, none.

RE the article. I read the article. The person was making $350k/yr and still had $88k in student debt. I was making $30k when I graduated and $3k in debt. I paid my debt off in 3 months and drove my used car for 7 years after I graduated. The person in the article had $150k of car debt (two Teslas). I assume based on the salary number ($350k) this person went to graduate school…so did I (10 yrs after college) and I went to school while working. No loans.

Did your mom and dad pay your living expenses over the summer and over Christmas break (and on your spring breaks)?

Reactions: BSIT and Crayfish57
That’s hilarious. How many college kids would live at home versus having the freedom to do what they want to do on a campus…not to mention living out of a backpack for 12 hours a day. Nothing like losing 10 hours a week driving to and from campus. Also, my meals were bought on campus because I wasn’t driving home to eat and then driving back to campus.

None of my classmates that went to Purdue lived at home…why do you think that was? I am sure there are plenty of low cost living options around Lafayette like Oxford, Boswell, Flora, Delphi, Stockwell, Monon, and Chalmers. How many college students live there? Yep, none.

RE the article. I read the article. The person was making $350k/yr and still had $88k in student debt. I was making $30k when I graduated and $3k in debt. I paid my debt off in 3 months and drove my used car for 7 years after I graduated. The person in the article had $150k of car debt (two Teslas). I assume based on the salary number ($350k) this person went to graduate school…so did I (10 yrs after college) and I went to school while working. No loans.

Did your mom and dad pay your living expenses over the summer and over Christmas break (and on your spring breaks)?
I also lived at home in Lafayette and commuted to campus daily. My mom worked for Purdue so that was a 50% tuition savings. Attended sporting events and other campus activities but got to study in peace at my parents house along with saving them money. Win win

Reactions: TheGunner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT