ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching

Boiler Buck

All-American
Mar 11, 2010
I am a big CMP fan and has complemented his coaching all season. He has been pretty good this year no doubt.

One thing I would like him to improve on is his ability to work the refs. This might be his poorest ability? His Clark Kent mannerisms on the sidelines sometimes make me feel sorry for our players who routinely get thrown to the floor or being mugged every possession while he just calmly looks on.

I know the coach didn't miss all those open looks, and he coaches his guys very well to get them those shots. But sometimes I would like to see him more animated sticking up for his guys against B10 brutality.

I see him getting on the refs a lot.

I see that....some..

I also see him not complaining alot too.

I don't think I have ever seen him getting so hot sticking up for a player where he gets a Tech.

Last edited:
Painter has chilled out big time, especially past several years or so. Maybe he left that energy with the suits.

He needed to blast the refs for this game. Dear God, has the game of basketball devolved into the kind of slapping and shoving match we saw today? Some call it great defense, but I call it fouling. Too bad the refs didn't clean up this mess early. Call a few more fouls and Nebraska would have needed to clean up their game or foul out. What a mess!

He needed to blast the refs for this game. Dear God, has the game of basketball devolved into the kind of slapping and shoving match we saw today? Some call it great defense, but I call it fouling. Too bad the refs didn't clean up this mess early. Call a few more fouls and Nebraska would have needed to clean up their game or foul out. What a mess!
Awful, wasn't it? The silver lining is that our freshmen got a taste of some really bad reffing early in the B10 season. Imagine how much worse it will be in the Hall of Calls...

Awful, wasn't it? The silver lining is that our freshmen got a taste of some really bad reffing early in the B10 season. Imagine how much worse it will be in the Hall of Calls...

Not sure it could be worse, but expect the same at all away stops. & everytime C. Green is a ref. Because of this poor refing, I am growing to dislike ruff & tumble B10 basketball.....alot. It's why alot of top 30 players chose to play elsewhere.

I would add, I can't imagine how many fouls iu Galloway will be allowed to give up. Love D is competitive, but extremely physical & rough.

Last edited:
I am a big CMP fan and has complemented his coaching all season. He has been pretty good this year no doubt.

One thing I would like him to improve on is his ability to work the refs. This might be his poorest ability? His Clark Kent mannerisms on the sidelines sometimes make me feel sorry for our players who routinely get thrown to the floor or being mugged every possession while he just calmly looks on.

I know the coach didn't miss all those open looks, and he coaches his guys very well to get them those shots. But sometimes I would like to see him more animated sticking up for his guys against B10 brutality.
Santa sent him a blackjack for Christmas. The trick will be using it on the zebras without the cameras seeing it.

ADVERTISEMENT