ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches riding the refs

BoilerBiker

All-American
Oct 13, 2006
since this is always a topic here, i took notice of coach K today.

so duke may have ultimately lost to l'ville,
but coach K's T (saw his bob knight coming out there!) really helped ensure their loss.
think it contributed to g.allen later getting a T also.

i miss the keady jacket throwing, but in today's world/game, those antics and yelling at refs can hurt your own team more than help it.

In the wake of Cal's quick double T ejection last week at South Carolina, the Lexington paper had a short article on ref guidelines for giving coach Ts. One on the list was removing and throwing coat. All I could think of it was probably subtitled "The Gene Keady Rule".

but coach K's T (saw his bob knight coming out there!) really helped ensure their loss.

i miss the keady jacket throwing, but in today's world/game, those antics and yelling at refs can hurt your own team more than help it.
Depends when the Tech comes. The tech did not cost Duke that game. Playing with 5 guys did. Both FTS were missed on the tech, so it really had nothing to do with the game. I do think if a coach makes a statement early in the game, it makes a huge difference. The UK game mentioned above was a great example. When we had the Big Dog and played Duke in the E8, I remember we were ahead in the first half and getting a lot of calls. Coach K got on the refs and the game completely changed and Duke went on to win. I remember the announcers even making the statement how the momentum of the game changed after coach K got on the refs.

Reactions: hoosierdog1

Tell that to Izzo and Bo Ryan. Brad Stevens is the only great coach I have seen in recent memory that doesnt ride the refs

Reactions: BandofBoilers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT