ADVERTISEMENT

Coach suggestion ?

Ross2122

Gold Member
Mar 20, 2011
If Jeff Brohm decides to return to his alma matter, which , I do not want to see as I like him as a head coach , what are the possibilities of Drew Brees bringing a coach who brought him to New Orleans , to West Lafayette …. Sean Payton , definitly knows a thing or two about offense

If Jeff Brohm decides to return to his alma matter, which , I do not want to see as I like him as a head coach , what are the possibilities of Drew Brees bringing a coach who brought him to New Orleans , to West Lafayette …. Sean Payton , definitly knows a thing or two about offense
Nah, I prefer Jon Harbaugh or Sean McVay.

I like the Brees connection. Payton was a successful coach in the NFL so he would bolt at any time. We would go through this drama whenever a current NFL coach was fired.

what's Myles doing? is he available ??

my two choices would be Saban or Urban. they are both experienced and have a pretty good track record. they know how to beat BIG 10 teams.

next choice would be lane kiffin. he needs a new challenge. he's been at his current job for over 2 years. he needs a change. Kiffin needs to add a BIG 10 coaching gig to his resume.

I wouldn't mind Cryst. his lone mistake was making mertz his starting QB. They say he would have a totally different style and we don't have the players to fit his system. I will "SPECULATE" when brohm leaves, all the players that fit his system will also transfer to somewhere and that will provide the new coach, whoever he is, with a lot of available scholarships.

Prime time has to be kicking himself accepting the Colorado job when the Purdue and louisville jobs were available.

Prime Time at Purdue. I kind of like that phrase. has he actually signed his deal with Colorado yet? wasn't there a buyout issue?

what's Myles doing? is he available ??

my two choices would be Saban or Urban. they are both experienced and have a pretty good track record. they know how to beat BIG 10 teams.

next choice would be lane kiffin. he needs a new challenge. he's been at his current job for over 2 years. he needs a change. Kiffin needs to add a BIG 10 coaching gig to his resume.

I wouldn't mind Cryst. his lone mistake was making mertz his starting QB. They say he would have a totally different style and we don't have the players to fit his system. I will "SPECULATE" when brohm leaves, all the players that fit his system will also transfer to somewhere and that will provide the new coach, whoever he is, with a lot of available scholarships.

Prime time has to be kicking himself accepting the Colorado job when the Purdue and louisville jobs were available.
Chryst cant recruit.

I’ll tell you two MAC coaches I’ve had some first-hand dealings with who really impress me.

Sean Lewis** from Kent State
Mike Neu from Ball State

I’m sure they wouldn’t be popular picks here. And I understand why. I’m also sure neither will happen.

But keep your eye on both of them.

** I just read where Lewis took the OC job at Colorado for Deion Sanders. But still, watch that guy. He’s got it.

I’ll tell you two MAC coaches I’ve had some first-hand dealings with who really impress me.

Sean Lewis** from Kent State
Mike Neu from Ball State

I’m sure they wouldn’t be popular picks here. And I understand why. I’m also sure neither will happen.

But keep your eye on both of them.

** I just read where Lewis took the OC job at Colorado for Deion Sanders. But still, watch that guy. He’s got it.
I’d be willing to bet that Lewis was a candidate for Wisconsin’s HC job. He’s a Wisconsin alum. When he didn’t get that job, he decided to go to Colorado with Primetime.

He turned down Penn State’s OC job the season before.

Andy Ludwig at Utah would be great, too. LOVE their style & he has B1G experience as OC at Wisconsin…

I'm clearly out of the loop here, but is it a sure thing that Brian goes with him to UL? Seems like a no-brainer if he'd stay.

Reactions: Purdue80
Garret Riley
I like that choice depending who's on staff. I would assume he would want to hand pick a few guys but if we can keep our staff together this would be a great hire imo. I would guess our assistant pay is more than they would want to pony up but don't know.

Chryst may not be a great recruiter, but he's available and a better choice than some of the other names being mentioned here.

I've got another wild and crazy idea. Since people here are all becoming gloom and doom that next year is going to be a real downer for the program, why not rehire Hope? and tell him we're going to double his previous salary.

if we're going to be really terrible next year as people here are suggesting, why waste a lot of money on a coach? hire a loser on the cheap and donate the rest of the money to St Jude. a win win.

• Haha
Reactions: johnboiler123
another crazy idea. hire the Iowa offensive line coach. i have no idea what his name is. But at least we'd have a decent offensive line.

Reactions: 06boiler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT