ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Schiano may sue for full compensation per Steve Czaban Sports

MilwaukeeBoilerFan

All-American
May 29, 2001
If you have a letter of intent and understanding, then full contract is in play.
Just heard it on Sports Talk radio 102.9 FM (The Hog) at 9 a.m. CST.
Now that Schiano has been slandered, full compensation will be the next course of logical action.
Tennessee will have a full fledged dumpster fire spreading to their Football program. This is another instance of Social Media have detrimental impact to both the Team and the Institution. Good Job Tennessee fans!

This link will not show you the article, but it is Steve Czaban's ESPN 980 website.
While he is comedic relief to sports, I've listened to him for years and he is very connected and knowledgeable.http://czabe.com/

Wow, this should help show that anyone willing to take a job at Tenn should also be ready to be burned at the stake. I hope Tenn has to pay him the full contract.

Reactions: TheGunner
If you have a letter of intent and understanding, then full contract is in play.
Now that Schiano has been slandered, full compensation will be the next course of logical action.
Tennessee will have a full fledged dumpster fire spreading to their Football program. This is another instance of Social Media have detrimental impact to both the Team and the Institution. Good Job Tennessee fans!

This link will not show you the article, but it is Steve Czaban's ESPN 980 website.
While he is comedic relief to sports, I've listened to him for years and he is very connected and knowledgeable.http://czabe.com/
UT should shut down the FB program.

Reactions: ahhculdee
They may have to go after Tee Martin just to avoid another 5 million in buy-out fresh after paying off Butch and whatever they have to pay Greg or the legal bills not to pay him

You know it's bad when Stephen A. Smith is calling out Tenn...

Link isn't posting properly due to ESPN inline viewer...

http://www. espn .com/video/clip?id=21586845

This will embattle Tennessee to a legal mess for quite some time now. As another poster put it, Tee Martin will be their primary candidate as they can't afford to pay Butch Jones, Coach Brohm's buyout, & Legal Actions up to and including the full contract of Coach Schiano all in a year.
Tennessee AD & their Legal Counsel were not on their "A" game yesterday.

Reportedly Iowa States Matt Campbell is off the table for Tennessee as his 9.4 million buyout is too high for the Tennessee ADs bosses to even consider following the Schiano fiasco

The problem with that article is that it assumes the MOU stated that it was a legally enforceable contract. Even if signed by both parties, not all MOU's are enforceable agreements. Many (perhaps most) merely establish a starting point for further negotiations and only require the parties to "negotiate in good faith" a formal agreement. The writer is assuming that Schiano and Tennessee signed an MOU like the one Tennessee signed with its basketball coach in 2015. There is really no reason for that assumption. Also, even assuming that he had a basis for such a lawsuit, a defamation claim by Schiano would be the dumbest thing he could possibly do. Does Schiano really want to testify under oath as to what he knew and when regarding Sandusky? It's bad enough that Tennessee reminded the college football world about that Schiano was at Penn State and may have (at least according to some) known enough to speak up.

This whole incident does more harm to Schiano than it does to Tennessee. But, that does not mean Schiano has a viable claim against Tennessee. I think he should be thankful that he still has a job at OSU.

:cool:
The problem with that article is that it assumes the MOU stated that it was a legally enforceable contract. Even if signed by both parties, not all MOU's are enforceable agreements. Many (perhaps most) merely establish a starting point for further negotiations and only require the parties to "negotiate in good faith" a formal agreement. The writer is assuming that Schiano and Tennessee signed an MOU like the one Tennessee signed with its basketball coach in 2015. There is really no reason for that assumption. Also, even assuming that he had a basis for such a lawsuit, a defamation claim by Schiano would be the dumbest thing he could possibly do. Does Schiano really want to testify under oath as to what he knew and when regarding Sandusky? It's bad enough that Tennessee reminded the college football world about that Schiano was at Penn State and may have (at least according to some) known enough to speak up.

This whole incident does more harm to Schiano than it does to Tennessee. But, that does not mean Schiano has a viable claim against Tennessee. I think he should be thankful that he still has a job at OSU.
Your talking about millions of $$$'s and a one time payout. Lawyers are contacting each party as wel speak to get the plaintiff to court and defend Tennessee. I'm not a litigious type of person, but if I was defamed with a potential of $20 Million on the line, I know what I would do. Damage to Schiano has already been done by Social Media, then followed by AD & Tennessee (both institution and Athletic Department). I could see 3 lawsuits from this all which would settle out of court.:cool:

Your talking about millions of $$$'s and a one time payout. Lawyers are contacting each party to get the plaintiff to court and to defend Tennessee. I'm not a litigious type of person, but if I was defamed with a potential of $20 Million on the line, I know what I would do. Damage to Schiano has already been done by Social Media, then followed by AD & Tennessee (both institution and Athletic Department). I could see 3 lawsuits from this all which would settle out of court.:cool:

:cool:
Your talking about millions of $$$'s and a one time payout. Lawyers are contacting each party as wel speak to get the plaintiff to court and defend Tennessee. I'm not a litigious type of person, but if I was defamed with a potential of $20 Million on the line, I know what I would do. Damage to Schiano has already been done by Social Media, then followed by AD & Tennessee (both institution and Athletic Department). I could see 3 lawsuits from this all which would settle out of court.:cool:
Who defamed him? Tennessee fans? Politicians? Did the university of the AD accuse him of knowing about Sandusky? What did the university or its AD say about Schiano that was defamatory?

As for his claim that he knew nothing about Sandusky's abuse, it doesn't matter. Mike McQueary testified under oath that another coach told McQueary that Schiano told the other coach that he (Schiano) saw Sandusky in the shower with a young boy. A defamation lawsuit brings all of that back into the news, with Schiano trying to convince everyone that he truly knew absolutely nothing, had never heard rumors, etc. Even if he never saw Sandusky in the shower with a boy, it is highly unlikely he can prove that McQueary lied and that Schiano never even heard rumors about Sandusky, let alone prove that he was damaged by statements made in the last 48 hours--statements that (to my knowledge) amount to nothing more than what I just said: Mike McQueary testified under oath that another coach told him that Schiano said he (Schiano) saw Sandusky in the shower with a young boy. It would be utterly foolish for Schiano to sue someone for defamation.

Who defamed him? Tennessee fans? Politicians? Did the university of the AD accuse him of knowing about Sandusky? What did the university or its AD say about Schiano that was defamatory?

As for his claim that he knew nothing about Sandusky's abuse, it doesn't matter. Mike McQueary testified under oath that another coach told McQueary that Schiano told the other coach that he (Schiano) saw Sandusky in the shower with a young boy. A defamation lawsuit brings all of that back into the news, with Schiano trying to convince everyone that he truly knew absolutely nothing, had never heard rumors, etc. Even if he never saw Sandusky in the shower with a boy, it is highly unlikely he can prove that McQueary lied and that Schiano never even heard rumors about Sandusky, let alone prove that he was damaged by statements made in the last 48 hours--statements that (to my knowledge) amount to nothing more than what I just said: Mike McQueary testified under oath that another coach told him that Schiano said he (Schiano) saw Sandusky in the shower with a young boy. It would be utterly foolish for Schiano to sue someone for defamation.
Foolish for $20 Million. Tennessee would settle out of court quickly.

I'll add more about David Gruber just for fun. https://www.gruber-law.com/about-us/david-gruber/
This dude hangs out with all the big wigs in Wisconsin. UW-Madison (as seen with Barry Alvarez), Aaron Rodgers Green Bay Packers, Marquette, Milwaukee Bucks, Milwaukee Brewers. Are you implying that an attorney like him could not win a nice settlement for Greg Schiano?
Just take a look at the regret the Chancellor Beverly Davenport at Tennessee made public about "HIRING" Greg Schiano.
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/t...enport-comments-sundays-greg-schiano-debacle/
His payday is coming. ONE CALL THAT's ALL!!! It may be sealed document settlement, but Schiano will be checking his mail daily for that fat check with millions tied to it.

Foolish for $20 Million. Tennessee would settle out of court quickly.

I'll add more about David Gruber just for fun. https://www.gruber-law.com/about-us/david-gruber/
This dude hangs out with all the big wigs in Wisconsin. UW-Madison (as seen with Barry Alvarez), Aaron Rodgers Green Bay Packers, Marquette, Milwaukee Bucks, Milwaukee Brewers. Are you implying that an attorney like him could not win a nice settlement for Greg Schiano?
Just take a look at the regret the Chancellor Beverly Davenport at Tennessee made public about "HIRING" Greg Schiano.
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/t...enport-comments-sundays-greg-schiano-debacle/
His payday is coming. ONE CALL THAT's ALL!!! It may be sealed document settlement, but Schiano will be checking his mail daily for that fat check with millions tied to it.
I deeply regret responding to your previous post. I will waive service of your complaint for defamation. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT