ADVERTISEMENT

CNN: Democrats Call for Eugenics.

Yeah, can't argue with that one as we had an abortion scheduled because early ultra sounds indicated my daughter could have a birth defect. Our doctor got a rush order on the DNA results which came back clean the day before it was scheduled.

Now the reason we were going to do this, we were both in our forties and didn't want to saddle our son with the potential burden or other family members. We felt it would be selfish for us not to and it could potentially be unfair to our son.

Most abortion laws timing would allow for this and if you are doing what you are supposed to, it's not justification for later term abortions. If we would've done DNA work as soon as we could, probably would've never even contemplated it.

Now my daughter was born with a cleft lip and palette. And our attitude has always been, that's no big deal as it could've been worse. Even after three surgeries and spending a lot of money on speech therapy.

I know people say this stuff shouldn't be a reason, but do those same people help financially support people who have kids with special needs? We made to much at that point to qualify for any programs, but that doesn't mean we would of been financially been able to handle that burden, even though we don't live an exorbitant life (we buy 10 year old cars because we are cheap).

I am religious and conservative, I'm also realistic and take into account the impact of my decisions. I don't buy abortion should be a form of birth control, but is willing to admit there are instances where it does make sense.

Yeah, can't argue with that one as we had an abortion scheduled because early ultra sounds indicated my daughter could have a birth defect. Our doctor got a rush order on the DNA results which came back clean the day before it was scheduled.

Now the reason we were going to do this, we were both in our forties and didn't want to saddle our son with the potential burden or other family members. We felt it would be selfish for us not to and it could potentially be unfair to our son.

Most abortion laws timing would allow for this and if you are doing what you are supposed to, it's not justification for later term abortions. If we would've done DNA work as soon as we could, probably would've never even contemplated it.

Now my daughter was born with a cleft lip and palette. And our attitude has always been, that's no big deal as it could've been worse. Even after three surgeries and spending a lot of money on speech therapy.

I know people say this stuff shouldn't be a reason, but do those same people help financially support people who have kids with special needs? We made to much at that point to qualify for any programs, but that doesn't mean we would of been financially been able to handle that burden, even though we don't live an exorbitant life (we buy 10 year old cars because we are cheap).

I am religious and conservative, I'm also realistic and take into account the impact of my decisions. I don't buy abortion should be a form of birth control, but is willing to admit there are instances where it does make sense.

I know a young lady whose Doc pleaded with the young couple to abort their first child due to suspected severe abnormalities.

They decided not to & to trust God. She came out with a deformed small ear and a slight jaw problem. Years later.....county fair queen and straight A student, and such a wonderful lovely young person.

Last edited:
I know a young lady whose Doc pleaded with the young couple to abort their first child due to suspected severe abnormalities.

They decided not to & to trust God. She came out with a deformed small ear and a slight jaw problem. Years later.....county fair queen and straight A student, and such a wonderful lovely young person.
Awesome!

Yeah, luckily DNA test are pretty good now at detecting these defects.

Our Dr wasn't an abortion fan but understood our reasoning and helped us find a place that he thought would be good to go to while he put the rush on the DNA test. He really wanted to be wrong about what he thought he saw and the test showed that.

ADVERTISEMENT