ADVERTISEMENT

CMP Salary Increases? Should Be a Final 4 Bonus...

Yeah, because those other top programs that you have at some times ignored and other times referenced do that...not.

It happens every 4 years because of the things I had pointed to...poor (consistent) recruiting...poor roster composition...and poor class balance. If those were not issues, there would not be rebuilding every 4 years...THAT IS THE POINT.
DAG, you got to get out more and look at some other programs. Every team in the BIG goes through “rebuilding years”. Almost every college bb team does too. When you point to this as some sort of fault, you are really just exposing your lack of college basketball knowledge. I don’t think you are that dumb from other posts you’ve made. I just think you are provoking other posters just to see how far you can get them triggered.

Reactions: boilerball2021
DAG, you got to get out more and look at some other programs. Every team in the BIG goes through “rebuilding years”. Almost every college bb team does too. When you point to this as some sort of fault, you are really just exposing your lack of college basketball knowledge. I don’t think you are that dumb from other posts you’ve made. I just think you are provoking other posters just to see how far you can get them triggered.
Program consistency is a losing argument against Painter and detracts credibility from any reasonable criticism about lack of top-end success.

Never said that rebuilding does not happen...Painter is on his 4th rebuild...THAT does not happen. And, the reason for it is because of a combination of poor recruiting...poor roster composition...and poor class balance. If those did not exist, there would not be a 4th rebuild...like say, not another legitimate top program in the country that has had a HC that has had 4 legitimate rebuilds.

I have already given him credit for having accomplished it/successfully done it 3 times, as, it is not easy to do at all...but, it is also ridiculous that it has happened 3 times already. The 4th is not nearly as ambitious, and, I don't even know that it is a legit rebuild even for that matter.

If class balance was better...recruiting was consistent (and better)...it would not have happened 3 times already, and, Purdue would not be where it is heading into this year without a PG (or, at least an experienced one).

Ultimately...irrelevant, as, it is not what this thread was/is about...it just went there because of one poster repeatedly going in different directions on matters.

Painter has done a nice job at Purdue and is a very good basketball coach...he is there as long as he wishes to be...in the end, the latter is all that matters...regardless of anything discussed at any point in this thread.

Lol I answered your question perfectly. You just can’t admit you were wrong\
You did not...and you know it...but, just as you walked back everything else you have tried at some point to discuss in the thread, it comes as no surprise.

You did not answer the question, because, it literally has not happened anywhere else...which was the point...but, in that every other point in the thread has escaped you, this one doing the same comes as literally no surprise.

As I said...at this point, I have completely lost interest...Painter is at Purdue for as long as he chooses...things are going to get harder opposed to easier unfortunately...regardless, I appreciate what he has done at/for Purdue and I hope that he somehow does find a way to get Purdue to a FF and a chance to play for a National Championship.

Never said that rebuilding does not happen...Painter is on his 4th rebuild...THAT does not happen. And, the reason for it is because of a combination of poor recruiting...poor roster composition...and poor class balance. If those did not exist, there would not be a 4th rebuild...like say, not another legitimate top program in the country that has had a HC that has had 4 legitimate rebuilds.

I have already given him credit for having accomplished it/successfully done it 3 times, as, it is not easy to do at all...but, it is also ridiculous that it has happened 3 times already. The 4th is not nearly as ambitious, and, I don't even know that it is a legit rebuild even for that matter.

If class balance was better...recruiting was consistent (and better)...it would not have happened 3 times already, and, Purdue would not be where it is heading into this year without a PG (or, at least an experienced one).

Ultimately...irrelevant, as, it is not what this thread was/is about...it just went there because of one poster repeatedly going in different directions on matters.

Painter has done a nice job at Purdue and is a very good basketball coach...he is there as long as he wishes to be...in the end, the latter is all that matters...regardless of anything discussed at any point in this thread.
Is this a rebuild if we finish 3rd in the conference?

You did not...and you know it...but, just as you walked back everything else you have tried at some point to discuss in the thread, it comes as no surprise.

You did not answer the question, because, it literally has not happened anywhere else...which was the point...but, in that every other point in the thread has escaped you, this one doing the same comes as literally no surprise.

As I said...at this point, I have completely lost interest...Painter is at Purdue for as long as he chooses...things are going to get harder opposed to easier unfortunately...regardless, I appreciate what he has done at/for Purdue and I hope that he somehow does find a way to get Purdue to a FF and a chance to play for a National Championship.
Roy Williams didn’t finish last in his 17th year at UNC? How can you not accept that as fact? Rebuilds happen in every single program.

The grass isn’t always greener on the other side. Look at Nebraska. Got rid of Miles and now look what they got. Before Reilly, they got rid of two football coaches that were going like 9-3 every year and now look what they got. I think Painter is a very good coach and maybe he won’t get us as far as we want to go but I would be incredibly worried if he left or we pushed him out. When you are consistently an above average team, you have a better chance of breaking through to a F4. It hasn’t happened yet but the odds are still in your favor if you are consistently good. NIL and the Big Ten getting this huge contract may change things though. If get 80-100 mil a year and paying players becomes a thing, we could benefit big time.

And as I’ve told each and every single one of you PHC members, it’s very unlikely that happens and that isn’t Painter’s or any other coach that comes after him fault. The only way we will get there is by consistently putting ourselves in position to make a deep run and eventually breaking through. Painter has done that better than just about anybody in the Big Ten. He will continue to do so moving forward, and I believe we will eventually break through.

He will not be changing his recruiting philosophy. He will not be implementing zone. He will continue to play through the post.

I don’t know why you all expect him to suddenly start doing things differently at this point. Especially since what he has been doing has been working very well (regardless if the PHC disagrees).
I would think that part of what makes a great coach is the willingness to adapt and change. I have given credit to Painter becoming more guard scoring friendly (essentially letting Carson and Ivey shoot whenever from wherever they wanted) and realizing the importance of having a score first ball handling G. He had one in DGL but lost him.
But, continuing to focus on playing through the post on O and refusing to do anything else on D other than man/man, has proven to be a fairly consistent winning formula in the regular season but hasn't proven effective for deep runs in the tourney.

• Haha
The grass isn’t always greener on the other side. Look at Nebraska. Got rid of Miles and now look what they got. Before Reilly, they got rid of two football coaches that were going like 9-3 every year and now look what they got. I think Painter is a very good coach and maybe he won’t get us as far as we want to go but I would be incredibly worried if he left or we pushed him out. When you are consistently an above average team, you have a better chance of breaking through to a F4. It hasn’t happened yet but the odds are still in your favor if you are consistently good. NIL and the Big Ten getting this huge contract may change things though. If get 80-100 mil a year and paying players becomes a thing, we could benefit big time.
Stopped reading after your first sentence when you compared our basketball program with Nebraska.

• Haha
Really? You want to put money into that? You're a total dumba$$.

BTW. FU and your participation trophy.
Dr. House, this looks like a case of overly-triggered-passionate-fan-disease. This happens right after the onset of Boilerphene. This patient might have to watch a season of Northwestern games up there in CHi-town as rehibilitation.

:cool:

Ok welcome back everyone. We've made some great progress in here and I really feel like this is the week we all come to a consensus on Painter.

• Haha
Reactions: FirstDownB
If he loses that game his NCAAT record would be 13-10 (10-8 at UVa) with 2 elite 8s and 3 1st round losses including as a 1 seed. We'd be having the same convo about him as we are about MP.
But we shouldn’t. Bennett actually won a NC. Meanwhile Purdue under Painter hasn’t gotten to the FF let along won the whole thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT