ADVERTISEMENT

CMP on Dakich right now

There were numerous posters here who latched onto her like she was some sort of demi-god, hoping to glean inside info on the team, like she was some sort of assistant coach. Those were the same posters who told others they were idiots for disagreeing or for seeing her for who she was. So keep talking about how these folks were so oblivious and you were so above it all...

I will as long as morons keep acting proud of it.

This one from Seth is particularly harsh, true, but harsh:

"I know Nojel Eastern he put his name in the portal and all that jazz. Let me ask you something. That guy played about 25, 28 minutes a game. Does he think all of a sudden he is going to change schools and he is going to find a jump shot?”

It really does boggle the mind that after 3 years, NE still couldn't develop anything that resembled a decent jumper.
His form reminds me of Barkley's golf swing.
I don't know if he just wasn't putting in the work in the off season, had a poor shooting coach or what.

A few thoughts about all of this.

If there is any doubt what CMP's recruiting pitch sounds like, I bet it sounds a lot like his interview.

Fathers in the home is important. What self respecting father, that truly wanted what is best for their child, would not tell their son to pack his bags because he was going home with coach Painter?

Read that last one closely. I am not talking financial best for their son.

I have talked about maturity a lot over the years here. When it comes to transfers or leaving the team I only typically worry when it a younger player involved. This showed that maturity comes at different times for a lot of us.

I respect Nojel because I truly believe he is a great kid. He will find his way and in ten years I would bet he would tell you one of his biggest mistake so far in life happened in April of 2020.

Trust is hard to come by and you will trust mom or dad before anyone else for quite a while.

This isn't a social commentary or anything, but it would be interesting to know what % of our basketball and football recruits come from 2 parent households.

he’s so classy tho

Yeah, he's more "classy" than everyone else because he wasn't "oblivious", so he can stay "classy" and still call others morons. The funny part is he's oblivious to the point that is trying to be made because he doesn't listen. Feeling vindicated for what you say is much different than being proud of what you say...

Reactions: PurduePete98
Yeah, he's more "classy" than everyone else because he wasn't "oblivious", so he can stay "classy" and still call others morons. The funny part is he's oblivious to the point that is trying to be made because he doesn't listen. Feeling vindicated for what you say is much different than being proud of what you say...

seems to have a need to be right even in a situation where he was wrong

Right back at you...you seem pretty proud to call others morons when there's zero evidence you know any more than anyone else...
1969, you seem to want to make this all about you and how you should be vindicated for being rude to a player’s mother who posted here. Sorry, but it’s not about you. Maybe you should let it drop? Just saying...

1969, you seem to want to make this all about you and how you should be vindicated for being rude to a player’s mother who posted here. Sorry, but it’s not about you. Maybe you should let it drop? Just saying...

Your opinion on being rude. No, it's not about me. I was responding in defense of IUHater as well, and others who were accused. And I'm done with it.

Reactions: IUhaterade

He's oblivious.

Reactions: mathboy
By all means, keeping saying it then! It makes you sound super smart. I am about 99% sure that your are Ignacious McNutt or a close relative of his.
No way. TC4 has been around a long time. In fact he predates McNutt by a considerable amount of time. Besides, He doesn’t espouse the same raw-raw no holds bared homerism that McNutt did. In fact, I wonder what happened to McNutt.

This abrupt and sterile media we use to exchange 30 word messages can lead to easy misunderstandings between people who would normally be much more friendly toward one another. Let’s all take these quips with a grain or two of salt.

No way. TC4 has been around a long time. In fact he predates McNutt by a considerable amount of time. Besides, He doesn’t espouse the same raw-raw no holds bared homerism that McNutt did. In fact, I wonder what happened to McNutt.

This abrupt and sterile media we use to exchange 30 word messages can lead to easy misunderstandings between people who would normally be much more friendly toward one another. Let’s all take these quips with a grain or two of salt.

I do think we’d be fast friends if we knew each other... but maybe that is me being oblivious lol

Words of wisdom there. And can vouch that TC has been around forever and is definitely a Purdue fan.

Maybe we’re all just getting bored and trying to entertain ourselves ?

Words of wisdom there. And can vouch that TC has been around forever and is definitely a Purdue fan.

Maybe we’re all just getting bored and trying to entertain ourselves ?

Was not implying that TC is not a Purdue fan. I think McNutt is too. They just seem to argue in a very similar way

I do think we’d be fast friends if we knew each other... but maybe that is me being oblivious lol
Maybe some day you can wander up to Michigan on one of our pretty sumner days. We can sit on my back deck with a couple bears or a couple glasses of Cab and watch the world go by, discussing Purdue sports and the general condition of the world.

By the way, that invitation is open to any of you guys, even the ones I argue with.

:cool:

Maybe some day you can wander up to Michigan on one of our pretty sumner days. We can sit on my back deck with a couple bears or a couple glasses of Cab and watch the world go by, discussing Purdue sports and the general condition of the world.

By the way, that invitation is open to any of you guys, even the ones I argue with.

You're a good dude. I know we argue, but you've not resorted to calling people "morons" and "oblivious" like some here. Hope your back is feeling better. I've been having lower back issues for the past 5 months.

I guarantee you Matt has said this sort of thing right to their faces behind closed doors, man to man, on multiple occasions. Guy’s not afraid of confrontation.

As an example; He said in the interview that Jaquil Taylor came to him and said he wanted to play. Painter told him it wasn't going to happen. He was going to play Vence Edwards as much as he can. He was going to play Caleb Swanigan as much as he can.

Are the bears full grown or just cubs. I'm careful who I sit on the deck with! Where you at in Meatchicken? Oldest son and sister in law live in White Lake township

Reactions: buffboiler

I’m not sure I’d be comfortable that close to live bears. Are their cages very close to the deck?

You're a good dude. I know we argue, but you've not resorted to calling people "morons" and "oblivious" like some here. Hope your back is feeling better. I've been having lower back issues for the past 5 months.
Thanks. Had my back injected Monday, but results are still less than optimum. Ugh! I really don’t want to lose an entire summer to this crap. It’s looking like I may need surgery, but the doctors are saying mid-July. I don’t want to wait that long.

something I try to do on these boards is to focus my criticism on the message and not the poster. We all see things differently, and not surprisingly, we disagree on these perspectives. We are still all Purdue fans and want 5he team to win. I don’t always get that accomplished, and if it is an obvious troll post, I don’t try.

Are the bears full grown or just cubs. I'm careful who I sit on the deck with! Where you at in Meatchicken? Oldest son and sister in law live in White Lake township
No bears! Beers! Damned auto correct!

Woodchucks, squirrels, and mink are as big as the varmits it’s get around here. I live in the civilized part of meat chicken, about 30 minutes east of Ann Arbor. It’s an area called Farmington Hills, in Oakland county.

Woodchucks, squirrels, and mink are as big as the varmits it’s get around here. I live in the civilized part of meat chicken, about 30 minutes east of Ann Arbor. It’s an area called Farmington Hills, in Oakland county.

No Wolverines?

Ah, you're in my neck of the woods! I don't live in FH, but I work there. Or should I say...I used to commute there before this whole COVID thing. ;)

By all means, keeping saying it then! It makes you sound super smart. I am about 99% sure that your are Ignacious McNutt or a close relative of his.

Have no idea who that is but if the length of time I've been on here and the number of messages I have on my name doesn't clue you in about that then it's your further proof that you're completely oblivious to everything around you.

Have no idea who that is but if the length of time I've been on here and the number of messages I have on my name doesn't clue you in about that then it's your further proof that you're completely oblivious to everything around you.

Why couldn’t McNutt be your newer handle when you wanted to take a break from this one? I’m not oblivious to anything, I just have the ability to understand what is possible. Number of posts proves nothing. Kinda funny that McNutt goes MIA and then I start seeing your handle again. If you’b been at all active in recent years you’d have to know who McNutt is. You should look him up- you’d be best friends.

I'm not coming 'til we can go for a drive!!!!

Reactions: mathboy
I’m not sure I’d be comfortable that close to live bears. Are their cages very close to the deck?
Black bears don't look for trouble and typically try to avoid people...UNLESS you get between mom and her cubs.

Thanks. Had my back injected Monday, but results are still less than optimum. Ugh! I really don’t want to lose an entire summer to this crap. It’s looking like I may need surgery, but the doctors are saying mid-July. I don’t want to wait that long.

something I try to do on these boards is to focus my criticism on the message and not the poster. We all see things differently, and not surprisingly, we disagree on these perspectives. We are still all Purdue fans and want 5he team to win. I don’t always get that accomplished, and if it is an obvious troll post, I don’t try.

I have an MRI scheduled for Monday. Hopefully will know more then. Good luck with yours.

Why couldn’t McNutt be your newer handle when you wanted to take a break from this one? I’m not oblivious to anything, I just have the ability to understand what is possible. Number of posts proves nothing. Kinda funny that McNutt goes MIA and then I start seeing your handle again. If you’b been at all active in recent years you’d have to know who McNutt is. You should look him up- you’d be best friends.
TC was a paying member until recently, and posted exclusively on KHC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT