ADVERTISEMENT

Close the book on Moore

Recent comments aside, not necessarily over with him I don't think.

He had been pretty hush hush lately about his status. Until tonight. Posted an extremely pro Texas update with the hook em horns symbol. I think had Purdue beat RU and Neb he would be committed. TC43 I hope CJB lands him. That its not over.

He had been pretty hush hush lately about his status. Until tonight. Posted an extremely pro Texas update with the hook em horns symbol. I think had Purdue beat RU and Neb he would be committed. TC43 I hope CJB lands him. That its not over.

I don't think loses two games by a total of three points had anything to do with it. Texas is 5-5 and will likely finish 6-6. Purdue going 5-7 doesn't put them out of the game. Purdue hasn't been lighting up the passing game, but even that is explainable when your best two receivers are a former walk-on and the backup QB. Not to mention the offensive line is having issues. Texas is still on the verge of signing 3-4 higher ranked WRs. That will have more of an impact. If Purdue signs Moore, they likely start two true freshmen at WR with a rotation of their two redshirt freshmen. There is nothing in front of him here at all.

A lot of the flips I have seen post stuff that is pro-whatever school they are committed to. At this moment, he is committed. All he posted was a gif that said mood and it was a Texas player spinning a ball and giving the hookem sign. I am not near as optimistic, but it isn't over yet. They sign two more WRs and I think he leaves. Texas isn't in a much better place right now and they are actively still recruiting over him.

He may stay Texas, and I wouldn't blame him. They have a lot to offer. I wouldn't say it's because of record because Texas could just as easily end up 5-7 as Purdue.

I don't think loses two games by a total of three points had anything to do with it. Texas is 5-5 and will likely finish 6-6. Purdue going 5-7 doesn't put them out of the game. Purdue hasn't been lighting up the passing game, but even that is explainable when your best two receivers are a former walk-on and the backup QB. Not to mention the offensive line is having issues. Texas is still on the verge of signing 3-4 higher ranked WRs. That will have more of an impact. If Purdue signs Moore, they likely start two true freshmen at WR with a rotation of their two redshirt freshmen. There is nothing in front of him here at all.

A lot of the flips I have seen post stuff that is pro-whatever school they are committed to. At this moment, he is committed. All he posted was a gif that said mood and it was a Texas player spinning a ball and giving the hookem sign. I am not near as optimistic, but it isn't over yet. They sign two more WRs and I think he leaves. Texas isn't in a much better place right now and they are actively still recruiting over him.

He may stay Texas, and I wouldn't blame him. They have a lot to offer. I wouldn't say it's because of record because Texas could just as easily end up 5-7 as Purdue.

Texas should be successful at recruiting over Moore. He is fast, but he is not the big receiver they covet. Also, UT should be the easiest platform from which to recruit. Austin is amazing, the school is fantastic, the weather is warm, they are the wealthiest athletic program in the country, Texas girls are beautiful ( I married one), and they can offer playing time.

The only bad thing about UT is their fans are to football what IU fans are to basketball. Unrealistic expectations based on past glory that will never return.

I have had recent conversations with senior Athletic Department officials...they all say that we are still "very much" in play for Moore. Norm

You’re reading way too much into twitter.

Normally I really wouldn’t. But when a kid has been so hush hush about a possible change or even affirming his commitment. It’s been months of speculation to have him come out and post like that. Isn’t reading too much into it. But I would love to be wrong. I hope I’m wrong trust me.

Texas should be successful at recruiting over Moore. He is fast, but he is not the big receiver they covet. Also, UT should be the easiest platform from which to recruit. Austin is amazing, the school is fantastic, the weather is warm, they are the wealthiest athletic program in the country, Texas girls are beautiful ( I married one), and they can offer playing time.

The only bad thing about UT is their fans are to football what IU fans are to basketball. Unrealistic expectations based on past glory that will never return.

Speaking as a Boiler Fan from the Lonestar State, I can tell you I can't stand burnt orange, but I think that past glory will return for them eventually. When it will happen is anyone's guess. They get enormous talent year in and year out, but they can't seem to ever do anything with it. Give Coach Brohm half the talent they get and we would be competing for a Big Ten Title.

To your other point.... You are absolutely right about the women down here. I don't ever remember walking into a bar in Indiana and saying to myself I could take any women in this bar home tonight and feel good about myself in the morning. Check out the night life in Austin. I don't think they allow ugly women on campus down there!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT