ADVERTISEMENT

Clock Management

Jbigler1986

Redshirt Freshman
Mar 16, 2015
Why is Brohm so terrible at managing the clock? When we got the ball at the end of the 1st half and had 50 seconds left. We ran a play and just let the clock run instead of calling a timeout. Wasted 20 seconds. Which we had all 3 still. Then of course we run out of time. We almost get delay of games all the time. I just don't understand. His clock management has cost us a few games.

Why is Brohm so terrible at managing the clock? When we got the ball at the end of the 1st half and had 50 seconds left. We ran a play and just let the clock run instead of calling a timeout. Wasted 20 seconds. Which we had all 3 still. Then of course we run out of time. We almost get delay of games all the time. I just don't understand. His clock management has cost us a few games.
This is funny. Thanks for the chuckle.

Terrible take. I don’t think he is terrible. Clock management is probably the easiest to armchair QB. I never have issue with being conservative on getting the ball with less than a minute before halftime, never force it. Tiller did with Oregon and it cost us the game.

Also th
The irony of this post is if we had executed at end of first half on the prior drive and scored that would have been the best engineered drive of brohms coaching career. We were set up to run the 7 minutes off the clock and only give Michigan 3 drives in first half. Everything was going perfect. We didn’t though with a rare back to back incompletions and settled for a FG and left time on the clock.

Terrible take. I don’t think he is terrible. Clock management is probably the easiest to armchair QB. I never have issue with being conservative on getting the ball with less than a minute before halftime, never force it. Tiller did with Oregon and it cost us the game.
It cost us the Penn State and Syracuse game too. Did you forget about those?

It cost us the Penn State and Syracuse game too. Did you forget about those?
Disagree. Penn state if Sheffield doesn’t fumble at end of first half, brohm would have engineered great drive and likely a 10-14 point swing. The last two drives Aidan couldn’t hit his receivers. He was 3-9 and took a bad sack the last two drives. Big difference between clock management and players inability to execute.

Syracuse was stupid penalties and plain luck on Syracuse part.

You can blame losses on 100 reasons and I’ve seen games I would agree click management lost teams games. but clock management is not the driving reason for any of our losses.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Michigan had all 3 timeouts left also. He didn’t want them to get the ball back.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
Jeff Saturday apparently is in jbigler’s camp. Pushed hard to try to score quickly before half and ended up throwing an IT and giving up 7. It was like 2008 Purdue-Oregon all over again.

ADVERTISEMENT