ADVERTISEMENT

CKG interview on 101.7

"I don't know much. I'm just an NAIA coach trying to figure it out at the Big Ten level...."

LOL. I like that she carries that chip on her shoulder. I have to confess, I didn't know what to make of the jump from NAIA to Big Ten and I'm sure I probably mentioned it on this board a time or two. I spoke to a couple of other coaches of smaller programs in Indiana about what they thought about such a jump and I got a similar type of response from both. It was basically, "Coaching is coaching. She'll be really good with the x's and o's, and preparing her team for games just like she was at Marian. She will ultimately do as well as she can recruit at that level." I'd say that's a pretty fair analysis.

Anyway, I posted something a few weeks ago stating that CKG had me convinced that she was the right person for the job and any previous concerns I expressed about the jump from NAIA have proven to be unfounded. She's going to kill it here.

And that jump is even more remarkable. Fahey at Illinois won 8 div 3 national titles and is buried at Illinois. KG knows how to coach in the Keady/Painter tradition. I cannot believe the level of energy on D the entire game today.

ADVERTISEMENT