ADVERTISEMENT

Check out these HS FB coaches in Texas and their salary.

My first thought is that I'm surprised that they were that "low." And by "low"I was thinking about tales of the 20,000 seat Texas HS football stadiums some schools have and how that could easily generate $1M+ in gate receipts each year for a HS program if you pack the joint.

Then I looked up the stadium for Lake Travis, with the highest paid coach, and it looks like it only holds 7k. https://texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=13

Even if you sell out 6 games a year and even add a large standing room crowd (so let's say 10k total per game), that would take pretty expensive tickets for a HS game to really even make the program break even, much less help fund the rest of the extracurriculars. So it really doesn't make much sense.

Reactions: SKYDOG
My first thought is that I'm surprised that they were that "low." And by "low"I was thinking about tales of the 20,000 seat Texas HS football stadiums some schools have and how that could easily generate $1M+ in gate receipts each year for a HS program if you pack the joint.

Then I looked up the stadium for Lake Travis, with the highest paid coach, and it looks like it only holds 7k. https://texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=13

Even if you sell out 6 games a year and even add a large standing room crowd (so let's say 10k total per game), that would take pretty expensive tickets for a HS game to really even make the program break even, much less help fund the rest of the extracurriculars. So it really doesn't make much sense.

But there's also concessions, merch, boosters, and summer camps putting money into these programs. That being said, it is really excessive.

But there's also concessions, merch, boosters, and summer camps putting money into these programs. That being said, it is really excessive.
How much are Texas High School Football tickets?
The cheapest seats at a Texas High School Football home game can be around $25 for lesser matchups to get into the stadium. Seats at the fifty-yard line will come at a premium and can cost at least $50 in the upper levels and more than $100 in the lower levels. Rivalry games will typically see an increase in Texas High School Football ticket prices by at least 25-50%.

• Wow
Reactions: SKYDOG
I actually thought FCU stadium held more, but 11,000 for a high school game is quite a bit. To be fair CY Fair ISD is made up of a multitude of high schools.

Fyi: Hank Carter of Lake Travis is also the athletic director.

Last edited:
The cheapest seats at a Texas High School Football home game can be around $25 for lesser matchups to get into the stadium. Seats at the fifty-yard line will come at a premium and can cost at least $50 in the upper levels and more than $100 in the lower levels. Rivalry games will typically see an increase in Texas High School Football ticket prices by at least 25-50%.
:oops: Crime in Italy! Those people are nuts!

Sponsorships within the athletic departments are pretty big at these schools.

Don't think it's just Texas. It's occurring all over.

In Indiana, HS football fields are being covered with extraordinarily expensive artificial turf, and ever-expanding bleachers that now look like small college fields.

Automobile dealerships... health care providers... and other businesses are ponying up tens of thousands of dollars in sponsorship.

If you're a 5-A or 6-A school in Indiana, and you don't have a deal to provide $500k+++ over 10 years, you're incompetent. And that's just the primary sponsor.

I'm sure sometime soon we'll start seeing the moronic argument that high school players should be paid for their services.

"IT'S CAPITALISM"

In Indiana, HS football fields are being covered with extraordinarily expensive artificial turf, and ever-expanding bleachers that now look like small college fields.

Automobile dealerships... health care providers... and other businesses are ponying up tens of thousands of dollars in sponsorship.

If you're a 5-A or 6-A school in Indiana, and you don't have a deal to provide $500k+++ over 10 years, you're incompetent. And that's just the primary sponsor.

I'm sure sometime soon we'll start seeing the moronic argument that high school players should be paid for their services.

"IT'S CAPITALISM"
Center Grove?

Not sure where you are getting your Texas ticket information BUT 1) the ticket price for the HS State Championship games in Texas is $20.00 and 2) I teach at a 6A school with a rather large new football stadium and we charge $8.00 for a home game ticket and we won the State Championship in 2020!

The economics of most Texas Football programs are huge money LOSERS considering the large football staffs, stadiums and associated 100 plus football players equipment at the big schools. The difference being in Texas, athletics are almost totally funded by the school’s tax rates as part of our Property Taxes. I pay $14,000 a year for a modest size home. Fans and home owners are willing to pay those large taxes in many cases since most of the state is Football crazy but there is a slow growing movement that it has gotten way out of hand!

Last edited:
Reactions: RDUBoiler
Not sure where you are getting your Texas ticket information BUT 1) the ticket price for the HS State Championship games in Texas is $20.00 and 2) I teach at a 6A school with a rather large new football stadium and we charge $8.00 for a home game ticket and we won the State Championship in 2020!

The economics of most Texas Football programs are huge money LOSERS considering the large football staffs, stadiums and associated 100 plus football players equipment at the big schools. The difference being in Texas, athletics are almost totally funded by the school’s tax rates as part of our Property Taxes. I pay $14,000 a year for a modest size home. Fans and home owners are willing to pay those large taxes in many cases since most of the state is Football crazy but there is a slow growing movement that it has gotten way out of hand!
So....do you coach at Westlake or Duncanville? and are you the HC or position?

Got the price info off the internet, and I do know from doing business in Texas there are games where tickets are scalped at stupid prices.

"IT'S CAPITALISM"

If you’re doing the thing that’s generating the dollars why can’t you get paid? Oh let me guess.. because In exchange for getting beat up they get the same public education that everyone else gets? 😂😂

If you’re doing the thing that’s generating the dollars why can’t you get paid? Oh let me guess.. because In exchange for getting beat up they get the same public education that everyone else gets? 😂😂

wha...?

I cannot make sense of your question.

There are a multitude of reasons why amateur athletes should not be paid. Most notably in the name of their status, "amateur athletes".

If a HS football game results in the sale of a hot dog, it's a dumb argument to advance the idea the players should receive the profits from the concession stand.

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
So....do you coach at Westlake or Duncanville? and are you the HC or position?

Got the price info off the internet, and I do know from doing business in Texas there are games where tickets are scalped at stupid prices.
Nether, those two did not win a SC in 2020. UIL State Championship tickets this year sold for $20. If there was any scalping of tickets it was due to the COVID reduction of allowed attendance for a few games!

wha...?

I cannot make sense of your question.

There are a multitude of reasons why amateur athletes should not be paid. Most notably in the name of their status, "amateur athletes".

If a HS football game results in the sale of a hot dog, it's a dumb argument to advance the idea the players should receive the profits from the concession stand.

Why moron? Without their activity there is no sale of a hot dog.

your problem is .. you get into this elitist bs where there is one group of people whose activities deserve compensation, and another class that is below compensation for their activities.

may buddy has been the only coach in Illinois who coaches varsity basketball and football for the same high school as head coach. He coaches at a school that has never had a high major basketball player and has narrow losses on the regular to the likes of Simeon and Morgan park. I think he gets $7k per sport. People view the success he’s had as a miracle. If he starts making $150k and cutting 6 and 7 figure deals for the school, they can pay those kids.

just like I can get down with not paying college athletes back when joe paternity had to hitch hike to recruit. But not now.

i

Why moron? Without their activity there is no sale of a hot dog.

your problem is .. you get into this elitist bs where there is one group of people whose activities deserve compensation, and another class that is below compensation for their activities.

may buddy has been the only coach in Illinois who coaches varsity basketball and football for the same high school as head coach. He coaches at a school that has never had a high major basketball player and has narrow losses on the regular to the likes of Simeon and Morgan park. I think he gets $7k per sport. People view the success he’s had as a miracle. If he starts making $150k and cutting 6 and 7 figure deals for the school, they can pay those kids.

just like I can get down with not paying college athletes back when joe paternity had to hitch hike to recruit. But not now.

i

Then you better pay the parents first.

There are a lot of volunteers who make those events happen.

what a ridiculous thread.

Then you better pay the parents first.

There are a lot of volunteers who make those events happen.

what a ridiculous thread.

go f yourself dude. You don’t like me or what I have to say? I don’t care.

sure, wanna pay the lady who sells popcorn while a 1.4 million dollar deal is being cut? By all means. I’m the kinda person who gets that. You’re a classist idiot so you don’t get that.

I love your stupid ass go to. Wanna keep going? “Well a guy paved a road so that the grandfather of the player could go to work. Are you gonna pay him too.”

you’re such a stooge lol

your problem is you cry too much you know that?
LOL!

you be okay, bro!

tenor.gif

Reactions: mk_peters
go f yourself dude. You don’t like me or what I have to say? I don’t care.

sure, wanna pay the lady who sells popcorn while a 1.4 million dollar deal is being cut? By all means. I’m the kinda person who gets that. You’re a classist idiot so you don’t get that.

I love your stupid ass go to. Wanna keep going? “Well a guy paved a road so that the grandfather of the player could go to work. Are you gonna pay him too.”

you’re such a stooge lol
tenor.gif

why argue with someone's opinion? Its their opinion, you can give yours and everyone can read it and get your point of view and decide for themselves .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT