ADVERTISEMENT

Charlie Spegal at IU

Army Black Knights an honored West Point offer. I think I get it. He and Zander Horvath both sucked. Is that what most are saying? LOL. I wouldn’t be commenting if we’d all just take a breather and let this go quite. The moment analysis and assumptions are kicked in my face, I respond. I’m tired of this thread too.

I'm actually enjoying this thread. Reminds me of some of the Patrick Bade discussions way back when.

Dude, you just won't stop. Everyone hopes he does well. That's irrelevant. What's more, I would have never trashed the staff for offering Horvath. To bring up Horvath is also irrelevant. He has earned his way.

As to Spegal... Nobody. Offered. Him. That's even after all the hype.

Yet, we're to believe that you and your sidekick (TIC ;) ) are the real geniuses here, and it's everyone else (including all the people paid to evaluate him) who are simply "out to lunch".

Yeah, that's a big "no", dog.

You being on this crusade just looks really bad. Again, that's all there is to the "backstory".
I know. Just kicking the dead horse at this point. I’m shocked how many have jumped on this silly thread.

Reactions: Purdue85
Army Black Knights an honored West Point offer. I think I get it. He and Zander Horvath both sucked. Is that what most are saying? LOL. I wouldn’t be commenting if we’d all just take a breather and let this go quite. The moment analysis and assumptions are kicked in my face, I respond. I’m tired of this thread too.
Army doesn't give athletic scholarships, all students are on scholarship. Their 2021 class had over 100 commitments, following 90+ in the 2020 class(apparently a "small" class). If a kid goes to Army planning to play football(or any sport) and decides not to participate they don't lose their scholarship. Interestingly all Cadets are also paid based on their rank.

Army doesn't give athletic scholarships, all students are on scholarship. Their 2021 class had over 100 commitments, following 90+ in the 2020 class(apparently a "small" class). If a kid goes to Army planning to play football(or any sport) and decides not to participate they don't lose their scholarship. Interestingly all Cadets are also paid based on their rank.
Dont cadets have to play a sport? I thought i remember that when i considered West Point.

Army doesn't give athletic scholarships, all students are on scholarship. Their 2021 class had over 100 commitments, following 90+ in the 2020 class(apparently a "small" class). If a kid goes to Army planning to play football(or any sport) and decides not to participate they don't lose their scholarship. Interestingly all Cadets are also paid based on their rank
Dont cadets have to play a sport? I thought i remember that when i considered West Point.
Yes they have to participate in a sport of some sort, but they can plan to play one sport but decide instead to participate in a different one. IE they can't lose a scholarship if they quit football and change to track or anything else. Because scholarships aren't classified as athletic the service academies are exempt from NCAA scholarship/class limits.

Army doesn't give athletic scholarships, all students are on scholarship. Their 2021 class had over 100 commitments, following 90+ in the 2020 class(apparently a "small" class). If a kid goes to Army planning to play football(or any sport) and decides not to participate they don't lose their scholarship. Interestingly all Cadets are also paid based on their rank

Yes they have to participate in a sport of some sort, but they can plan to play one sport but decide instead to participate in a different one. IE they can't lose a scholarship if they quit football and change to track or anything else. Because scholarships aren't classified as athletic the service academies are exempt from NCAA scholarship/class limits.
Jindy, you taught an old dog a new trick. In reality, I had no idea of scholarship and moving around within the Army system I.E. football to track, etc. Thanks enlightening me today.

"we"

Yes, you have been roundly "kicked in (the) face". Deservedly so. Respectfully speaking, each and every time you've brought it all on yourself.

So, does this take Spegels scholarship offer from 1 back down to zero?

He didn't play enough to demonstrate butter fingers. He just wasn't a P5 or B10 level player. Not even close. Should have probably played at UIndy, DePauw or IPFW.
Oh lenny. You sure you want to stir this up again? I mean it didn't end very well for you last time as you moved the goalposts so much that you went full circle. First it was "He will never start"......... then he did. Then it was "He will never score double digits".... then he did. And the list goes on and on....... My order is of course not right, but then again I have long forgotten about this whole thing. Which brings me to my next point, you know how we all know you lost that whole chain of arguments? Because you are still trying to make your case YEARS after it doesn't matter anymore and it's clearly bothering you. I mean there is just no reason to bring something that specific up if it still wasn't bothering you.

But take comfort lenny, we have all long figured out that you have about as much ability to accurately value a player's skillset as Biden does to walk up the stairs of Air Force one or Trump to not be orange. However this is not the forum for any of this, so I will just leave this comment and exit ........stage right. And then like everyone else, laugh at your responses. Have at it!

• Haha
Reactions: purduepat1969
Oh lenny. You sure you want to stir this up again? I mean it didn't end very well for you last time as you moved the goalposts so much that you went full circle. First it was "He will never start"......... then he did. Then it was "He will never score double digits".... then he did. And the list goes on and on....... My order is of course not right, but then again I have long forgotten about this whole thing. Which brings me to my next point, you know how we all know you lost that whole chain of arguments? Because you are still trying to make your case YEARS after it doesn't matter anymore and it's clearly bothering you. I mean there is just no reason to bring something that specific up if it still wasn't bothering you.

But take comfort lenny, we have all long figured out that you have about as much ability to accurately value a player's skillset as Biden does to walk up the stairs of Air Force one or Trump to not be orange. However this is not the forum for any of this, so I will just leave this comment and exit ........stage right. And then like everyone else, laugh at your responses. Have at it!

I knew BBQ would come running to Bade's defense as his knight in shining armor.
I'm pretty sure you're somehow related to Bade because you defend him like Treed does Nojel.
Face it man, Bade was a giant recruiting mistake by Painter.
And by the way, He never started. He never scored double figures. (maybe in an exhibition game or against The Little Sisters of the Poor).
He had the deadly combination (in a bad way) of being a 6'8 white guy who couldn't run, jump or shoot.

I knew BBQ would come running to Bade's defense as his knight in shining armor.
I'm pretty sure you're somehow related to Bade because you defend him like Treed does Nojel.
Face it man, Bade was a giant recruiting mistake by Painter.
And by the way, He never started. He never scored double figures. (maybe in an exhibition game or against The Little Sisters of the Poor).
He had the deadly combination (in a bad way) of being a 6'8 white guy who couldn't run, jump or shoot.
Not sure why you feel the need to trash players.

Bade was a top-150 player. Offered by Iowa and Butler. Had other accolades.

Started a few games (4 in 2 years, according to PurdueSports).

He never made an impact. That's recruiting.

That's no defense of Bade, there's just no need to trash the guy.

Not sure why you feel the need to trash players.

Bade was a top-150 player. Offered by Iowa and Butler. Had other accolades.

Started a few games (4 in 2 years, according to PurdueSports).

He never made an impact. That's recruiting.

That's no defense of Bade, there's just no need to trash the guy.

The Bade debate is a long standing one between BBQ and I. I only rip him because I enjoy seeing BBQ rise from the ashes like a Phoenix to come to his defense.

The Bade debate is a long standing one between BBQ and I. I only rip him because I enjoy seeing BBQ rise from the ashes like a Phoenix to come to his defense.
Ahhh... got it. That makes more sense now.

I enjoy doing that, myself. @ChoiceBeef is always an easy target (he takes his shots at me, as well), and I tweaked purduepat earlier this week.

You might find a different way to push buttons. Taking jabs at other posters by attacking players (even playfully) is not a good look, and really isn't cool.

Ahhh... got it. That makes more sense now.

I enjoy doing that, myself. @ChoiceBeef is always an easy target (he takes his shots at me, as well), and I tweaked purduepat earlier this week.

You might find a different way to push buttons. Taking jabs at other posters by attacking players (even playfully) is not a good look, and really isn't cool.

is the D1 track runner’s dad still on this board (sorry I’m back from a sabbatical from the free boards).

ADVERTISEMENT