ADVERTISEMENT

CC’s Dead Thread

tenwest

Redshirt Freshman
Mar 4, 2018
I confess. I lurk around on the iu forums. Mostly because some of it is truly humorous. Let’s hope we never lose to them in football again.
But some of them that visit here have returned there wondering why we talk about Coy Cronk coming here as a grad transfer. They’ve then been assured there is absolutely nothing to it. But the mods over there locked down the thread so that makes me wonder.

I confess. I lurk around on the iu forums. Mostly because some of it is truly humorous. Let’s hope we never lose to them in football again.
But some of them that visit here have returned there wondering why we talk about Coy Cronk coming here as a grad transfer. They’ve then been assured there is absolutely nothing to it. But the mods over there locked down the thread so that makes me wonder.

It's like a Dunning-Kruger convention over there.

I would love to see that episode. I am really liking Seth MacFarlane's show The Orville.
I was thinking of "Petarded", and while it may not fit the full D-K definition, it's pretty funny. I should give "The Orville" another chance, I know it's Seth's opus to "Star Trek", the few episodes I saw just didn't quite click. Plus it's on after my bedtime. :p With TWD winding down and "The Badlands" in it's final season, I could probably add it to my DRV'rd must-view-later list.

I was thinking of "Petarded", and while it may not fit the full D-K definition, it's pretty funny. I should give "The Orville" another chance, I know it's Seth's opus to "Star Trek", the few episodes I saw just didn't quite click. Plus it's on after my bedtime. :p With TWD winding down and "The Badlands" in it's final season, I could probably add it to my DRV'rd must-view-later list.

Retardisms are important. Our fart jokes and dead baby jokes are being killed off by the metoo and beta male movement. Dare me to tell the BEST dead baby joke.

When is IU's graduation day ? I assume Cronk can't announce any plans to transfer as a grad before he graduates. Although I'm seeing a lot of others announcing their plans to be a grad transfer.

When is IU's graduation day ? I assume Cronk can't announce any plans to transfer as a grad before he graduates. Although I'm seeing a lot of others announcing their plans to be a grad transfer.

To me this would be the death nail in the program and the rage towards us would explode

Amidst all the fanciful talk about IU’s senior to be OT, not one person has presented a plausible explanation of why he would leave his teammates and coaches of the last three years?

Amidst all the fanciful talk about IU’s senior to be OT, not one person has presented a plausible explanation of why he would leave his teammates and coaches of the last three years?

So if he does, you’ll be back here to fess up ?

Reactions: jcg_94

Maybe he's one of the few that actually wants to use the grad transfer rule to get a graduate degree. he finished his bachelors degree in 3 years. Maybe Purdue offers something IU does not.

Some pointed to his close friendship with Anthrop.

I pointed to the reality that as a high school player, he always dreamed of playing for Purdue, even when they were a bad team.

Looking at the NFL, and previous IU linemen, I have to believe he would be drafted if he stayed at IU or if he came to Purdue.

What I find odd, is many others have already declared they will transfer using the grad transfer rule before they have graduated, and he hasn't said anything publically. this could be one of those things like Brohm deciding between Purdue and Louisville. the opening is there, but he's not sure he wants to leave IU.

Maybe he's one of the few that actually wants to use the grad transfer rule to get a graduate degree. he finished his bachelors degree in 3 years. Maybe Purdue offers something IU does not.

I pointed to the reality that as a high school player, he always dreamed of playing for Purdue, even when they were a bad team.

Looking at the NFL, and previous IU linemen, I have to believe he would be drafted if he stayed at IU or if he came to Purdue.

What I find odd, is many others have already declared they will transfer using the grad transfer rule before they have graduated, and he hasn't said anything publically. this could be one of those things like Brohm deciding between Purdue and Louisville. the opening is there, but he's not sure he wants to leave IU.

Or... IU is the kind of atmosphere where you want to get off campus permanently before announcing that. IU fans did attack rick mounts Mom

Make a bowl?

I do not see that happening. Nice rumor, but he has three years of relationships and friendships and a solid recruiting class coming in and I do not seeing him shucking that. Would love to be proven wrong, but I doubt I will.

That’s obvious. Nor have we had any evidence to indicate otherwise.

I do not see that happening. Nice rumor, but he has three years of relationships and friendships and a solid recruiting class coming in and I do not seeing him shucking that. Would love to be proven wrong, but I doubt I will.
By your reasoning, no grads would transfer

Reactions: pboiler18
Maybe he thinks Allen (who he didn’t sign up to play for) is in over his head?

IU lacks the exposure Purdue is getting and Brohm’s offense is known to be one that has a ton of carryover to the NFL. Plus, Cronk and Anthrop are best friends and would like to play with each other for a season.

That’s what my birdy is telling me and that birdy is one that can be relied upon. He also said the new OC hire might end up being what keeps him at IU.

Reactions: ahhculdee
Sure lots of people speaking for a guy who is currently a student and footb
IU lacks the exposure Purdue is getting and Brohm’s offense is known to be one that has a ton of carryover to the NFL. Plus, Cronk and Anthrop are best friends and would like to play with each other for a season.

That’s what my birdy is telling me and that birdy is one that can be relied upon. He also said the new OC hire might end up being what keeps him at IU.

The term for what you just did is called “Hedging.”

“hedge your bets. to protect yourself against loss by supporting more than one possible result or both sides in a competition: They're hedging their bets and keeping up contacts with both companies.”

Reactions: boilerpt
Sure lots of people speaking for a guy who is currently a student and footb

The term for what you just did is called “Hedging.”

“hedge your bets. to protect yourself against loss by supporting more than one possible result or both sides in a competition: They're hedging their bets and keeping up contacts with both companies.”
I’m not hedging at all...im sharing the info that I’ve gotten about the situation. This isn’t me trying to write an article about recruiting or making a certified CB pick...im a fan that is plugged in more than most on some situations, and this happens to be one.

the longer this goes without any type of public statement of intent to grad transfer, the more I expect him to remain at IU. One would think by now if he had plans to transfer, he would have announced them.

As I indicated, IU offensive linemen have been just as successful as getting drafted lately as Purdue linemen.

I believe the talk of coming to Purdue is just that - talk between two good friends.

Reactions: Pu71indy
Reasons to leave

Exposure, namely do to Rondale Moore.
A chance to get another bucket win.
Playing in front of a full stadium
Playing for an exciting offense
Playing meaningful games in October and November
Playing for the local fans
Instantly shores up a weakness for Purdue

The guy chose IU because Purdue was in the toilet bowl with Hazell and was too stupid to offer. That has all changed and now one could argue the scale flipped. But if Cronkite wants to be drafted and wants eyes on him, coming to Purdue seems like a reasonable decision. Hidden reason, if the guy wants to play for a potential Big Ten Champ, that might happen at Purdue and WONT happen at IU next year.

Last edited:
on the flip side, IU has a new OC, and a lot of IU o linemen have been in the NFL. I have to believe if this were actually going to happen, he would have publically announced it by now.

on the flip side, IU has a new OC, and a lot of IU o linemen have been in the NFL. I have to believe if this were actually going to happen, he would have publically announced it by now.

If it was me I would not say anything until I was in my car and driving out of Bloomington.

Reactions: TheGunner
I don't see why if he's planning on transferring, he doesn't at least put his name in the transfer portal.

I don't see why if he's planning on transferring, he doesn't at least put his name in the transfer portal.

If you are going to be a turncoat, you do it at the last minute and likely in the middle of the night. Just ask Robert Irsay.

ADVERTISEMENT