ADVERTISEMENT

CBS's latest first 3 rounds mock draft has...

That seems really low.

One of the mock drafts from The Athletic has GK going 13th overall to the Texans.

Another has him going 16th overall to the Eagles. The Eagles have three first round picks and need an edge rusher, so they would appear to be a likely landing spot.

The beat writers' draft has GK going 15th, also to the Eagles.

Didn't see Bell in any of the mocks, but most of them only projected the first round.

That seems really low.

One of the mock drafts from The Athletic has GK going 13th overall to the Texans.

Another has him going 16th overall to the Eagles. The Eagles have three first round picks and need an edge rusher, so they would appear to be a likely landing spot.

Didn't see Bell in any of the mocks, but most of them only projected the first round.
Cowboys will take him at 24 if he’s there, after losing Gregory.

That seems really low.

The Eagles traded one of the first round picks to NO. They have only two now.

Reactions: RDUBoiler
I've seen Bell projected in most mock drafts to go in the third round. a lot of teams draft on speed rather than performance. I've seen GK's stock slipping to late first round along with the other edge from Michigan.. I saw the Packers had interest in GK with their second pick at #29. I also saw a mock draft saying the packers were going to draft the db from Michigan with their first pick. this is why i claim to be as smart as these mock draft people. or maybe i should say some of them are even dumber than me.

The packers need somebody to replace Adams. if healthy, Williams would be their choice. but they can't afford to draft a WR and have him recovering from injuries for more than half of their season. They need a healthy Wr who could start from Day 1. So they may not draft the best WR available. Olave is that player, Burks is second choice. the guy from PSU is an option. They'd draft the WR from Georgia, in the second or third. the bigger question is will the packers use their wealth of draft picks to move to #16 to ensure they get olave? or will they just sit there at 22 and watch both olave and burks be drafted at 20 and 21 and then decide to draft another QB because he's the top man on their board ?

Hopefully they don't use the combine to guide their thoughts . after wasting their pick on the TE from Cincy in the love draft, they are now rumored to want to draft the best TE in this class in the second round.

i wouldn't worry about how far down GK slips in the draft. there have been many busts in the first round of the draft and many all pros taken in the second round. thy say the average NFL career is only 4-5 years. So make the most of it.

Daniel Jeremiah has GK at 14 to Baltimore and the Packers taking both Olave and Dotson in the 1st which would be super interesting. I guess they should probably take an OL but man 2 first round WR would be something. FWIW I think Jeremiah is by far the most connected guy doing mocks in terms of actually talking to teams.

GK's draft stock is moving upward as the Michigan edge tore something during part of his school's pro draft day in march and may be out for a long time and his stock is dropping.

Wit h the money involved, and players not wanting to hurt themselves in bowl games, we may start seeing more players skipping the combine or their school's pro day. and just wrapping themselves up in bubble wrap. maybe more athletes will follow suit and just not risk it. Arch manning may not play a college game - too risky. Maybe we'll see jr high phenoms not play anymore. too risky.

GK's draft stock is moving upward as the Michigan edge tore something during part of his school's pro draft day in march and may be out for a long time and his stock is dropping.

Wit h the money involved, and players not wanting to hurt themselves in bowl games, we may start seeing more players skipping the combine or their school's pro day. and just wrapping themselves up in bubble wrap. maybe more athletes will follow suit and just not risk it. Arch manning may not play a college game - too risky. Maybe we'll see jr high phenoms not play anymore. too risky.
thats a good old fashioned boomer guilt trip. Kudos

The other mock I saw was Mel Kiper's, which had GK slipping to the Chiefs at 32. Would probably be less money early, but at least in the near term a legit chance at a Super Bowl. That tracks with the other mock projecting him to go with the first pick in the second round. Still seems unlikely he lasts that long.

thats a good old fashioned boomer guilt trip. Kudos
if the shoe fits. Some players are more concerned about the money and don't want to risk injury. Some are finding their stock dropped because they didn't perform in a bowl game. GK is one of those players who could have seen his stock rise if he had an awesome bowl game. and Tennessee would have provided plenty of opportunities for him to shine. he played it safe. That was his option.

others played in Bowl games and incurred injuries. how far down will WR Williams' stock go? On the bright side, he may no longer be a top 10 pick, but he'll probably be drafted by KC or GB, which would obviously be a better destination. WRs meitch(AL) and London(USC) also incurred injuries. London was projected as a first round pick and is still projected as a first round pick despite his injury. Due to injury, the WR from georgia may slip to the second round, but he was projected as a second round pick anyway. the DL from michigan will slip from a late first round to an early second round pick.

As i look at the players with injuries, their draft stock didn't drop very much. As i look at players that decided to play it safe and not compete their stock is sliding. they played it safe.

as for GK, his place in the draft is more about the teams and where they pick. Certain teams are interested, and certain teams are not. he will be a first round pick. but it could be to the Packers at 29. I like GK. I just believed if he had played in the bowl game he could have shown the pro scouts what we already know and have seen. I believe he could have risen to be a top 5 pick. Hutchison had 1-2 good games and had a first round pick on the opposite side of his d line. GK was double and triple teamed all year and played through them. GK >>>>>>>>> hutchison.

if the shoe fits. Some players are more concerned about the money and don't want to risk injury. Some are finding their stock dropped because they didn't perform in a bowl game. GK is one of those players who could have seen his stock rise if he had an awesome bowl game. and Tennessee would have provided plenty of opportunities for him to shine. he played it safe. That was his option.

others played in Bowl games and incurred injuries. how far down will WR Williams' stock go? On the bright side, he may no longer be a top 10 pick, but he'll probably be drafted by KC or GB, which would obviously be a better destination. WRs meitch(AL) and London(USC) also incurred injuries. London was projected as a first round pick and is still projected as a first round pick despite his injury. Due to injury, the WR from georgia may slip to the second round, but he was projected as a second round pick anyway. the DL from michigan will slip from a late first round to an early second round pick.

As i look at the players with injuries, their draft stock didn't drop very much. As i look at players that decided to play it safe and not compete their stock is sliding. they played it safe.

as for GK, his place in the draft is more about the teams and where they pick. Certain teams are interested, and certain teams are not. he will be a first round pick. but it could be to the Packers at 29. I like GK. I just believed if he had played in the bowl game he could have shown the pro scouts what we already know and have seen. I believe he could have risen to be a top 5 pick. Hutchison had 1-2 good games and had a first round pick on the opposite side of his d line. GK was double and triple teamed all year and played through them. GK >>>>>>>>> hutchison.
Gk is not falling because of the bowl. That is a coincidence. Nice stretch though

Whose stock dropped because they didn't play in a bowl game? Seems like you just made that up lol

But he'd be in the top 5 if he had played ya know
And bell would be a first rounder… amirite

Gk is slipping due to concerns about how he plays the run and ability to turn the corner on a LT.

the skipping games narrative is hilarious though

Gk is slipping due to concerns about how he plays the run and ability to turn the corner on a LT.

Bell almost certainly would’ve gone off in that game, hype going out of control, and then he’d have gone to the combine and he’d be right here. Speaking of that game, the UT CB Taylor made the right call for sure not playing

Last edited:

And Jameson Williams is going higher than he would have otherwise since he did play.

Why are we comparing Bell and GK not playing the bowl game to players on Alabama playing in the freaking CFP? Apples and kumquats.

You’re suggesting a guy like Williams should NOT have played in the CFB Playoffs? How do you think NFL scouts would have reacted to that?

I've seen Bell projected in most mock drafts to go in the third round. a lot of teams draft on speed rather than performance. I've seen GK's stock slipping to late first round along with the other edge from Michigan.. I saw the Packers had interest in GK with their second pick at #29. I also saw a mock draft saying the packers were going to draft the db from Michigan with their first pick. this is why i claim to be as smart as these mock draft people. or maybe i should say some of them are even dumber than me.

The packers need somebody to replace Adams. if healthy, Williams would be their choice. but they can't afford to draft a WR and have him recovering from injuries for more than half of their season. They need a healthy Wr who could start from Day 1. So they may not draft the best WR available. Olave is that player, Burks is second choice. the guy from PSU is an option. They'd draft the WR from Georgia, in the second or third. the bigger question is will the packers use their wealth of draft picks to move to #16 to ensure they get olave? or will they just sit there at 22 and watch both olave and burks be drafted at 20 and 21 and then decide to draft another QB because he's the top man on their board ?

Hopefully they don't use the combine to guide their thoughts . after wasting their pick on the TE from Cincy in the love draft, they are now rumored to want to draft the best TE in this class in the second round.

i wouldn't worry about how far down GK slips in the draft. there have been many busts in the first round of the draft and many all pros taken in the second round. thy say the average NFL career is only 4-5 years. So make the most of it.
Packers need a WR really, really bad. They’ll pick a QB. That is all.

My thoughts expressed were he could have used the bowl to increase his stock to become a top 5-10 pick. Bell could have also used the bowl game to increase his stock. Right now Bell is projected as a third rounder. I believe a good bowl would have elevated him to the second round.

and it appears that the players who did suffer injuries did not see the injuries affect their draft status very much.

Last edited:
The Packers just signed Sammy Watkins?
Sammy is now a QB?! J/K
Hand to God I had no idea we signed him. I really SHOULD have watched the news. Sports segment likely led off with this off season stuff on Brewers home opener win over St. Louis 5-1. That is how much GB Packers news we get 24-7-365.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
My thoughts expressed were he could have used the bowl to increase his stock to become a top 5-10 pick. Bell could have also used the bowl game to increase his stock. Right now Bell is projected as a third rounder. I believe a good bowl would have elevated him to the second round.

and it appears that the players who did suffer injuries did not see the injuries affect their draft status very much.
There was three years of film on both of them. Nothing would have changed for the positive in the bowl game

I could see a few players doing that, but most NFL teams have been burned too many times by even “a great college player“ of whom they did not study enough of their “on the field effort and abilities etc. or their off the field lifestyle“
But I see exactly what you mean, after a few years of that it will end as quickly as it started it will just take one team getting burned bad. Isn’t there some saying about what happens when you fail with an early pick in the NFL draft? How many years it sets you back

Sammy is now a QB?! J/K
Hand to God I had no idea we signed him. I really SHOULD have watched the news. Sports segment likely led off with this off season stuff on Brewers home opener win over St. Louis 5-1. That is how much GB Packers news we get 24-7-365.
Sammy is kind of worthless, but the packers got him cheap < $4 mil. he replaces MVS and allows the packers to go after a possession receiver like Olave, or an injured player like Williams.

As injuries go, you are seeing more NFL teams signing veteran players to 1 year minimum deals and then drafting injured players and allowing them time to heal. a player like WR Williams will still be a first round pick, but a team like the packers will sign a veteran to cover for him until he is ready. it's almost as if they are willing to and You know i hate to use this term, "red shirting" the injured player.

as for GK, i still don't believe hutchison is that great. he had an awesome game against OSU, but that's a game michigan players always get emotionally fired up to play. Take out that game, and the rest of the year, he was great, but not top 5 player in the draft great. and then i look at GK. he had a great year, and is a first round pick. I just wish he could have used the bowl game to prove he was just as good as hutchison. if he had a bad game, or became injured, i highly doubt his stock would have dropped. but, if he had a great game, i believe he could have elevated his stock to where hutchison is ranked now.

Last edited:
Sammy is kind of worthless, but the packers got him cheap < $4 mil. he replaces MVS and allows the packers to go after a possession receiver like Olave, or an injured player like Williams.

As injuries go, you are seeing more NFL teams signing veteran players to 1 year minimum deals and then drafting injured players and allowing them time to heal. a player like WR Williams will still be a first round pick, but a team like the packers will sign a veteran to cover for him until he is ready. it's almost as if they are willing to and You know i hate to use this term, "red shirting" the injured player.

as for GK, i still don't believe hutchison is that great. he had an awesome game against OSU, but that's a game michigan players always get emotionally fired up to play. Take out that game, and the rest of the year, he was great, but not top 5 player in the draft great. and then i look at GK. he had a great year, and is a first round pick. I just wish he could have used the bowl game to prove he was just as good as hutchison. if he had a bad game, or became injured, i highly doubt his stock would have dropped. but, if he a great game, i believe he could have elevated his stock to whare hutchison is now.
GK was stonewalled by a TE against OSU -

Bowl game wouldnt have done anything for him. There was an abundance of film on him. If scouts hadnt seen him by that time, they should be fired for cause.

ADVERTISEMENT