ADVERTISEMENT

Carr

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
Maliq Carr is getting ready to announce in a little over a month. You have seen me post several entries on hoping we get Carr for months. I did the same with Moore 2 years and Bell last year, and I hope Carr is 3 in a roll. With Murphy coming, I think Carr is the final piece our offense needs skill piece wise.

We got another crystal ball pick today. Why is that significant? It was from a Georgia insider. May not mean much, but I would say that is a big positive.

I hope Carr, Austin and an OT close out this recruiting class.

Maliq Carr is getting ready to announce in a little over a month. You have seen me post several entries on hoping we get Carr for months. I did the same with Moore 2 years and Bell last year, and I hope Carr is 3 in a roll. With Murphy coming, I think Carr is the final piece our offense needs skill piece wise.

We got another crystal ball pick today. Why is that significant? It was from a Georgia insider. May not mean much, but I would say that is a big positive.

I hope Carr, Austin and an OT close out this recruiting class.
could use a new Carr.

Reactions: Dakota Girl
I went to the Vanderbilt game Parked in somebody's yard for $20. As I was getting out of my car I noticed Carr Was getting out of his car right next to me. I said Hi and we started talking as we Walked away from our cars. During the conversation I asked him what Did he like better basketball or football. He said he loves both equally. Long story short I had to go back to my car And the guy I gave my money to ask me who was that guy I was talking to and I told him So he gave me $20 to give him back I think I thought I knew him. I tried to catch backup with him to give him his money Was not successful. After the game I try to return it to the guy who gave it to me could not find him. So I have Carr's $20 if he commits to Purdue I will find a way to give him his $20. Very nice kid very polite

Reactions: tjreese and ChuckJr
Sounds to me like once you said his name the parking guy wanted to give him free parking which would have been an ncaa violation

Reactions: Chi-Boiler
I went to the Vanderbilt game Parked in somebody's yard for $20. As I was getting out of my car I noticed Carr Was getting out of his car right next to me. I said Hi and we started talking as we Walked away from our cars. During the conversation I asked him what Did he like better basketball or football. He said he loves both equally. Long story short I had to go back to my car And the guy I gave my money to ask me who was that guy I was talking to and I told him So he gave me $20 to give him back I think I thought I knew him. I tried to catch backup with him to give him his money Was not successful. After the game I try to return it to the guy who gave it to me could not find him. So I have Carr's $20 if he commits to Purdue I will find a way to give him his $20. Very nice kid very polite
Beat it loser.

Why don’t you just keep it and keep the Purdue booster who returned it to you, yourself ( a Purdue booster), and the kid....off the ncaa’s radar screen. Especially since it’s in writing now. It’s only $20 bucks....

Reactions: srjordan
Well I never did See him so I still have the money. No harm done. I guess I'm the one that got to park for free lucky me. But Carr Is tall I'm 6'3 And I was looking up when I was talking to him. I Watched some videos of him playing basketball Looks like he can Ball. I Thank he will get some playing time on the basketball team to as a walk on. Not saying he Will Start or anything like that But could get some minutes.

Well I never did See him so I still have the money. No harm done. I guess I'm the one that got to park for free lucky me. But Carr Is tall I'm 6'3 And I was looking up when I was talking to him. I Watched some videos of him playing basketball Looks like he can Ball. I Thank he will get some playing time on the basketball team to as a walk on. Not saying he Will Start or anything like that But could get some minutes.
In fact, you are a hero. You intercepted and prevented a possible NCAA violation. Right place, right time. :D

The bad news is, you accepted the money and therefore are no longer eligible for NCAA athletics. Unless you move to California.

Why do you suck so much?

Because I'm honest ! Why do you feel the need to berate people so much ? because they disagree with your viewpoints ? The last thing we need is a story about Purdue fans giving out handouts to prospective recruits. have a nice day.

Last edited:
Improper benefit!

Well this sucks because I Have the money in my pocket so that makes me the guilty one . So now my dream is officially over Will not be the 1st over 30 years old to play a college Sport this really sucks I'm going back to work.
Look on the bright side. If you take your $20 in endorsement money and invest it in any European bond market you'll get about $18.70 back in 30 years!

Well this sucks because I Have the money in my pocket so that makes me the guilty one . So now my dream is officially over Will not be the 1st over 30 years old to play a college Sport this really sucks I'm going back to work.

However you CAN give it to the Tyler Trent Foundation in Carr's name. and I believe Carr would like and approve of that gesture.

Austin retweeted Carr's date announcement and said it he got 200 likes he would tell us where Carr is going.

When he does commit! Don’t tell anyone you gave him back the money or we will end up getting the ‘death penalty’ for recruiting violations by a ‘Booster’

If Carr does commit and if it's true that it's been a done deal for a long time, I absolutely love that he's taken it this far with Georgia and Purdue as the "final 2". You can never have enough recruiting battle "wins" over programs in that class. Especially in a season where "potential" is one of the only bright spots, it can't hurt to have recruits see a talented and vocal kid pick Purdue over blue bloods (see Rondale).

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Not saying he told me hes coming to purdue When I talk to him but it sure did seem like hes coming He was at the Vanderbilt game and It wasn't his visit to the week after. So that's 2 weeks in a row He was here.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Count them both for Purdue. Very similar to Rondale and David Bell situations, been done for a while, just waiting on the announcement.

We will know on Friday. You cannot say that he doesn't look better in the picture on the right. The train throne and the basketball and the football with him is a cool picture. He is going to look good in the old gold and black.

Mäłįq “Thę Frêåk”5️⃣ Čãrr‏@CarrMaliq Oct 3
I will be Announcing My Commitment to One of these schools Friday October 11th at 3:15pm at Oak Park High School #GoDawgs #BoilerUp

EF_hXaVXkAAwEnk.jpg

147 replies166 retweets1,591 likes

According to 247....

Announcement at 1pm ET not 3:15.

Still lists him as TE. I've read that he doesn't consider himself a TE, but I'd say who cares as long as he's on the field.

14 CBs, 86% Purdue, 14% Michigan. No Georgia.

He is going to be a physical match up problem for every team. Think next year of who do you guard when you have him, Bell and Moore on the field.

Reactions: Summy1
Wow, someone has to fix our roster list that's associated with 247. Boiler Sports Report? It lists us with 14 Tight Ends on the roster. Looking at the actual players, only one is actually a TE, and it's Pittman who left the program. All the wide receivers are listed including Stinson who's going to be a DB, no?

We've talked about this before that it's probably not a big deal, and that recruits will never base any decisions on it, but jeez that's nuts.

Alexander and Saunders are on the list of TEs, and Terry Wright is listed as a junior TE.

ADVERTISEMENT