ADVERTISEMENT

Can't help but root for Haarms

He's a good guy. His weaknesses on offense (not being a post up guy) didn't mesh with what we needed (post up guy). He wanted more minutes, so he transferred. I can't be mad at him. He was a huge part of us almost making the Final Four. Played great in limited minutes behind Haas the year before. Fun to watch him play.

So only recent hoops history matters? Yeah it is called a memory. But I guess I would not want to remember that IU won two NCAA tourneys before Purdue ever even made the tourney or any of that kind of stuff. But you Danny O’Shea’s love to tout your Big Ten conference championships.

And only Purdue fans remember that game. I remember Keith Smart hitting his shot though. Does pu have anything that is shown in highlights or tourney intros on tv coverage every year? Heck even Houston fans still get to see Reynaldo Thomas pounding the floor in 83 after the Charles lay in. You do not even have that. Don’t worry, there can always ve that “one time”.

And only Purdue fans remember that game. I remember Keith Smart hitting his shot though. Does pu have anything that is shown in highlights or tourney intros on tv coverage every year? Heck even Houston fans still get to see Reynaldo Thomas pounding the floor in 83 after the Charles lay in. You do not even have that. Don’t worry, there can always ve that “one time”.
7-0

We got a jackass here, pretty safe to say that Carsen will be shown forever for his tourney play. And the Purdue teams of old are shown often. Our runner up team has tons of highlights shown. Robbie Hummel, Biggie, Big Dog, Etwaun, want more?

So only recent hoops history matters? Yeah it is called a memory. But I guess I would not want to remember that IU won two NCAA tourneys before Purdue ever even made the tourney or any of that kind of stuff. But you Danny O’Shea’s love to tout your Big Ten conference championships.

You are welcome to go back as far as you like and I honestly meant no disrespect as IU has a fine history.

I’m just tickled by the fact that the recent past has been so one sided and your post illustrated that perfectly.

Yeah and you seem to think that him being 7-0 in big ten reg season games really matter. I will trade your 7-0 for 24 -5 in National Championships. But purdue is not last in total natty’s in the conference. You better be glad Rutgers joined. People remember UCLA’s 13 championships not how many times they beat USC. But USC fans sure remember how many times they beat ucla.

I remember that time, you know, when the greatest coach IU ever had came back to his school to be honored. Yes, that same coach that had a losing record against Gene Keady. Yep, he came back to Assembly Hall to watch what will sadly be the last IU game he might watch in person.

How inspirational that must have been to fan and player alike. The IU team came out after the half time show honoring Bobby Knight and played like... oh my, how embarrassing that was?

I don’t remember. What offense was that they played? Triangle and O? Pack/slack line? I forget!

just kidding guys! Trying to add some humor (pathos?) to this rivalry talk.

Last edited:
I remember that time, you know, when the greatest coach IU ever had came back to his school to be honored. Yes, that same coach that had a losing record against Gene Keady. Yep, he came back to Assembly Hall to watch what will sadly be the last IU game he might watch in person.

How inspirational that must hav3 been to fan and player alike. The IU team came out after the half time show honoring Bobby Knight and played like... oh my, how embarrassing that was?

I don’t remember. What offense was that they played? Triangle and O? Pack/slack line? I forget!

If you think about it, there isn't any better way to honor the greatness and success of Bobby Knight at Indiana than for him and one of his national championship teams to watch beautiful, flowing motion offense and dogged and determined man-to-man defense win the game.

The only thing better I can think of would be, after the game, play a recording - on the speaker system in Assembly Hall - of his tirade "I'm sick and f'n tired of losing to Purdue and having another 9-9 season..."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT