ADVERTISEMENT

Can we win the West title this year?

Their linebackers are bad (for them) and they dont have a true difference maker at end.
I agree with you about their LBs but their DEs should be the strength of their defense this year. Zach Harrison is returning but the two young true freshman last year - JT Tuimulaoiu (sp?) and Jack Sawyer - really came on at the end of the year. Both were top 5 overall 2021 national recruits. But, like you said, the OSU defense will go as far as their LBs take them

I agree with you about their LBs but their DEs should be the strength of their defense this year. Zach Harrison is returning but the two young true freshman last year - JT Tuimulaoiu (sp?) and Jack Sawyer - really came on at the end of the year. Both were top 5 overall 2021 national recruits. But, like you said, the OSU defense will go as far as their LBs take them
DEs "should be" a strength, but they havent had an impact player at DE since Chase Young left. The guys you mention are good, but none are game changing yet.

DEs "should be" a strength, but they havent had an impact player at DE since Chase Young left. The guys you mention are good, but none are game changing yet.
Agree with you - but they're still very young but you're right about waiting and seeing how they turn out. I have seen Sawyer, though, picked for a few 2nd and 3rd team B1G preseason teams. We'll see

Fall camp is getting ready to start. Well, do we win the West this year or not?
Just like X-Files…I want to believe!
If these questions have solid answers, then Purdue has a good chance.
  • Can defense be as effective as last year without Karlaftis, Alexander and Coach Lambert?
  • Which WR steps forward?
  • Can Purdue run the ball effectively when needed?
  • Can Purdue beat WI for the first time in 15 plus years & beat MN? (since PJ arrived we are 1-4)

Last edited:
Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Simply not beating ourselves would mean 8 wins no problem IMO
Football is won for the most part in the trenches, OL and DL play. Purdue has not been dominant in those areas. It seems like when we get a draw in the trenches, we usually win against most teams. I like us to win 8-9. I just hope we don't get some sleeper team that really beats on us up front and we lose because we can't stop a simple power play. A Rutgers loss a few years back comes to mind.

I think 10 wins is possible, I am just not overconfident that it's a given. Also, I really hope we have some success with our running game early on. I would live for KD and the transfer to have some big games. Gotta take some pressure off of AOC.

ADVERTISEMENT