ADVERTISEMENT

Can we get Kedon Slovis through the portal now?

Feb 7, 2007
Harrell was his coach while at USC. Slovis just entered the portal (from Pitt). Would be a good get for an experience QB and bridge to Alaimo/Allen.

We need warm bodies in the QB room. Allen, Alaimo, a true freshman, and walk-ons is all we have right now.

I'm not sure why we would need a bridge. Alaimo is what in his 3rd year here and Allen will have a good year and a half by the time the season starts. These guys should be ready to play ball.
I am in the same boat as you. Pretty sure Alaimo is a RS Junior next year. Allen has now been in the system for a year and a half by the start of next year. We only need a transfer if they just ain’t got it.

I wouldn’t mind having an experienced qb as a mentor and insurance for the two young QBs.

Sometimes when a qb is injured it’s better to bring in an experienced qb for a couple of series

I wouldn’t mind having an experienced qb as a mentor and insurance for the two young QBs.

Sometimes when a qb is injured it’s better to bring in an experienced qb for a couple of series

So if it's a season ending injury, or it would knock him out of the game, you bring in the experienced guy for a couple of series right? And then hand it off to the younger guy a couple of series later. We wouldn't want the younger guy to get shell shocked right off the bat. That's what you're thinking, right? I mean, you're kinda like the new QB whisperer aren't you? Thank goodness we have your genius here...

Reactions: bobpoglits
I think we need another QB, even if Alaimo or Allen start. I remember the year a few years back where we had 4 starters go down in the same season. You never know when that could happen again.

Reactions: pboiler18
ADVERTISEMENT