ADVERTISEMENT

Can Painter land the athletes to compete with the FDUs and St Petes?

I wish we would have spent more NIL money like IU did....wait that would have just bought us a Final 32 spot.

I guess it is time for another one of those banners to be put up for them.

Reactions: clankhan
You recognize the problem. So how much are you contributing to the NIL? You can make your dreams come true.
I’m contributing nothing. I wonder how much coach is contributing? He makes a couple more bucks 💰 than I do. :D

Reactions: clankhan
Not sure I do. He could contribute to the John Purdue Club or is that a violation?
I don't believe that the John Purdue Club is permitted to provide NIL funding. The John Purdue Club is the fundraising arm of the athletic department, helping with scholarship costs and capital projects. Since it is closely tied to the university, it can't use funds for NIL. Maybe a JPC insider can correct me if I'm wrong.

And I don't know if Painter is permitted to contribute to the Boilermaker Alliance, which does handle NIL funding.

We had zero toughness and we crawled in a corner.

We've had plenty of athletes under Paint.
Jaden, Edwards, Basil, Lawson, Nijel, Ewing, Wheeler...etc. it's the toughness aspect we lack. I'm not sure why his team fight all year long and then suddenly get soft in the tournament.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ajas0810
We had zero toughness and we crawled in a ball.

We've had plenty of athletes under Paint.
Jaden, Edwards, Basil, Lawson, Nijel, Ewing, Wheeler...etc. it's the toughness aspect we lack. I'm not sure why his team fight all year long and then suddenly get soft in the tournament.
Because the big ten sucks and the style of play in the big ten is different than other teams in the tourney. Hence the poor performance by other big ten teams.

Was it the athleticism or was it the lack of courage anyone on the team showed on Friday? Even the other coach said that he knew they were going to choke with five minutes left, he could see it on their faces.
It has nothing to do with athleticism. It has to do with style of play.

It has nothing to do with athleticism. It has to do with style of play.
In the tournament everything goes at the time of any game people have to step up and play you need a little bit of everything shooters quickness under pressure and the one or two guys that goes off and last a little bit of luck that is the way a team wins

Reactions: Ajas0810
In the tournament everything goes at the time of any game people have to step up and play you need a little bit of everything shooters quickness under pressure and the one or two guys that goes off and last a little bit of luck that is the way a team wins
Defense and veteran players and timely three pointers play a huge role.

Purdue and Wisconsin rule Big Ten basketball. All of the other teams build their teams to beat these two. So you have two slow plodding teams and then 12 more that are even worse when it comes to tournament basketball. At least Michigan State tries to push the ball, Izzo just isn't landing players anymore because he's a tiny little ball of anger that is more cartoon than man at this point.

I'm sure you understand that would be a violation. At least I hope you do.

You think it is a violation for a coach to donate to his schools charitable NIL? The NIL decides what to do with $ then, not the donor.

Hmmm. Interesting. Did not know that.

Don't know why not? Seems like a coach should be free to donate to whatever charities he or she wants? No competitive advantage, coach not giving money directly to a player. But I am just guessing based on freedom.
Why not? Conflict of interest? 😂😂 When was the last time the NCAA actually did something ethical? They're as corrupt as schools breaking the rules.

Don't know why not? Seems like a coach should be free to donate to whatever charities he or she wants? No competitive advantage, coach not giving money directly to a player. But I am just guessing based on freedom.
Great point. I could imagine that argument holding up in court. The NCAA has no business regulating the charitable contributions that a coach or university employee can make -- either donation amount or the choice of the charity. It's none of their business.

Reactions: Poprudy

School involvement with collectives and other NIL entities​

The board also clarified that school personnel (including coaches) can assist an NIL entity with fundraising through appearances or by providing autographed memorabilia but cannot donate cash directly to those entities. School staff members also cannot be employed by or have an ownership stake in an NIL entity.

Schools also can request donors provide funds to collectives and other NIL entities, provided the schools do not request that those funds be directed to a specific sport or student-athlete.

School involvement with collectives and other NIL entities​

The board also clarified that school personnel (including coaches) can assist an NIL entity with fundraising through appearances or by providing autographed memorabilia but cannot donate cash directly to those entities. School staff members also cannot be employed by or have an ownership stake in an NIL entity.

Schools also can request donors provide funds to collectives and other NIL entities, provided the schools do not request that those funds be directed to a specific sport or student-athlete.
Thanks for posting this. To Boiler Buck's point, I would guess that this has not been tested in court and would not hold up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT