ADVERTISEMENT

Can Brohm get us to Indy tomorrow?

Will we see the team that beat Illinois/Minnesota or the one the choked to Iowa/Wisconsin?
why some call those 2 games a choke, they are just bad matchups and we were physically beat, like I said before, the biggest game we needed for the extra W in BIG10 play was the psu game. We were in that game and gave it away.

Reactions: Beorik
I think the better question is who we want to play next weekend, UM or OSU.

Yes, I said it (not a jinx, it worked 3 consecutive times last year during the basketball season).
gotta root for Mich, osu is a bad matchup and would get ugly early. We have no pass rush, the DB's would get smoked, Stover would have a field day vs our LB's

why some call those 2 games a choke, they are just bad matchups and we were physically beat, like I said before, the biggest game we needed for the extra W in BIG10 play was the psu game. We were in that game and gave it away.
They were choked because we went one dimensional "Charlie Jones or Bust" mode. We weren't patient with the run game like against Illinois and Minnesota. They were completely different teams.

Completely agree. Choking is a silly way to look at it. We do not have the talent to win every game every year like the Ohio States of the world.

Winning 8-9 games will continue to be a great achievement for us until/unless we sustain success for years and close the talent gap between us and the top teams in the Big. Our best recruiting class was like 4-5 in the Big.

Completely agree. Choking is a silly way to look at it. We do not have the talent to win every game every year like the Ohio States of the world.

Winning 8-9 games will continue to be a great achievement for us until/unless we sustain success for years and close the talent gap between us and the top teams in the Big. Our best recruiting class was like 4-5 in the Big.
completly agree, if you are referring to the 19 recruiting class, that a bit of a mirage now that only half of it is on the team currently. Yep, only 8 or 9. Look at this year w/ a weak schedule 8 or 9.

Not winning is one thing. Getting blown out at home is another. That makes it a chock job.

Reactions: Boiler8285
We have a talent and schematic advantage at every position, including coaching.
Iu is one rung above Northwestern in that dept.
Brohm will take advantage of those opportunities.

ADVERTISEMENT