ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Spencer Rutgers

purduedavie

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
Just announced he’s playing his final year elsewhere, averaged 14 a game last year, was 44% from the 3 point line. Would Purdue take a look? I realize he’d make for a crowded backcourt/3 spot, however, he’d be ideal if Edey returns.

Just announced he’s playing his final year elsewhere, averaged 14 a game last year, was 44% from the 3 point line. Would Purdue take a look? I realize he’d make for a crowded backcourt/3 spot, however, he’d be ideal if Edey returns.
Pass. Rumors are he is hunting for a large NIL deal and some potential tampering by some other school/collective.

Reactions: pboiler18
Good post, I just saw that he’s leaving, he’d be a good fit, wasn’t aware of the other stuff.
No problem. The NIL stuff is making transfer and recruiting the Wild West right now.

Haven’t seen “who” is offering the dollars but I’m sure it will come out soon.

Someone jokingly said that in another year or so the deep pocketed donors will go back to wanting their names on buildings when on court results don’t make sense for what they are paying.

Reactions: pboiler18
he's heading to GTown

Likely these late transfers have been contacted (often illegally), and know the deal in advance....then put their name in, but know where they are going prior to doing so.

I thought this illegal poaching would happen to Purdue. Probably some team has tried, but the players, so far, have not taken the bait. Credit to the character of the guys Purdue has recruited.

Likely these late transfers have been contacted (often illegally), and know the deal in advance....then put their name in, but know where they are going prior to doing so.

I thought this illegal poaching would happen to Purdue. Probably some team has tried, but the players, so far, have not taken the bait. Credit to the character of the guys Purdue has recruited.
Painter said that the original intent of NIL was kids to go to a school, develop their skills, brand and image and get paid for it. What is happening now is the antithesis of that.

Sadly, the NCAA is inept and will allow the government to get involved and make things standardized. Have a feeling it will be a class action lawsuit because a bunch of kids didn’t get paid and are pissed.

Can't wait till a bunch of "highly bought athletes" wind up in tax court after blowing through their free money.
Was wondering when that would happen as well. The challenge will be, in my mind, that these kids go and leverage themselves off of “potential” NIL money that doesn’t arrive. Then they get sued or file bankruptcy.

Painter said that the original intent of NIL was kids to go to a school, develop their skills, brand and image and get paid for it. What is happening now is the antithesis of that.

Sadly, the NCAA is inept and will allow the government to get involved and make things standardized. Have a feeling it will be a class action lawsuit because a bunch of kids didn’t get paid and are pissed.
I doubt that being pissed about not getting paid for playing college sports is going to pass the very rigorous standard a class action lawsuit has to meet to be approved.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Can't wait till a bunch of "highly bought athletes" wind up in tax court after blowing through their free money.
I’m sure that will happen to a few, hopefully, they’re getting advised well. As for free money, they’re getting paid for likeness, the best players will get paid, most won’t make that much. As for Dickinson, I don’t blame him a bit for making what he can, I doubt he plays in the NBA, same goes to Edey, make it now!

Any championships won these days will be so meaningless...to the highest bidder. Sad state of college/professional sports...

Last edited:
Yeah eff those kids who might get taken advantage of by greedy schools, agents, and parents amirite? 18 year old New pal had his shit entirely together and so should they!
Again. maybe you should look up the definition of “misfortune” before you try to use it in a sentence.

I’ll help you out: it means bad luck.

Luck has nothing to do with the situation at hand.

LOL, LOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
You clown pants guys crack me up :)
the other day I tried to spell out Indiana's blueblood status. even commented that Uconn would never be a blueblood. if you read the article a well-respected national media outlet just said the exact same thing. I don't expect any apologizes but maybe turn down the name calling a bit.

• Haha
Reactions: Heads up BOILER
Again. maybe you should look up the definition of “misfortune” before you try to use it in a sentence.

I’ll help you out: it means bad luck.

Luck has nothing to do with the situation at hand.
Hey guys, Johnny Pedantic is here to obfuscate (am I using that one correctly?) And miss the point entirely. Huzzah!

My usage is fine, even if arguably imperfect.

Hey guys, Johnny Pedantic is here to obfuscate (am I using that one correctly?) And miss the point entirely. Huzzah!

My usage is fine, even if arguably imperfect.
How is it bad luck for an adult to not pay income taxes ?

And they just lost another of their 2024 recruit. Don’t have the post but man this has been a bad off season for Rutgers.

Someone made a comment how their season went into free fall after they wouldn’t budge on rescheduling their makeup game with MSU.

Pass. Rumors are he is hunting for a large NIL deal and some potential tampering by some other school/collective.

Cam Spencer leaving Rutgers has more to do with always wanting to be close to home (Maryland). Before committing to Rutgers, Spencer tried to commit to Maryland, and they passed. Rutgers offered, and he committed. It was close enough to home, but after a strong season at Rutgers, Gtown came calling. Spencer never gave Rutgers a chance to match the NIL. Unlike the Mawot Mag situation at Rutgers, where Georgia Tech offered a nice NIL, Rutgers matched it and retained Mag. The unseen thing with Spencer is that several other teams (UConn, Michigan, etc.) have offered more than $200K. Now, what started as a move to be closer to home, has Spencer thinking the money might be worth the move further away from home.

And they just lost another of their 2024 recruit. Don’t have the post but man this has been a bad off season for Rutgers.

Someone made a comment how their season went into free fall after they wouldn’t budge on rescheduling their makeup game with MSU.
Four-star Delquan Warren is a PG, and he thought he was the guy for the 2024 class at Rutgers. Through Twitter and Rutgers Rivals beat writers, it now appears that Warren de-commit because five-star Dylan Harper will be the PG for the 2024 class. News has come out that Harper is ready to announce his commitment plans in June, and most sources feel he is committing to Rutgers. Even some of the Duke believers now feel Rutgers has Harper locked up. Also, Warren posted on social media that he doesn't want to be "the third wheel" behind Harper and five-star commit Ace Bailey, which somewhat confirmed what people were thinking about Harper coming to Rutgers. The 2024 class is still shaping up to be a nice one. You still have commitments from 5-star Ace Bailey, 4-star Lathan Somerville, and soon from 5-star Dyan Harper. I think a lot of hate coming from schools like IU is based on Rutgers owning them, and now the quality of the players continues to improve. Chances are IU's struggle against Rutgers will continue.

The Izzo (MSU) thing can be traced back to Izzo influencing the B1G to move Rutgers' home game against MSU to Madison Square Garden. Rutgers didn't have a problem with it, except it was a Rutgers' home game, yet the B1G called it a neutral site game. NO gate receipts went to Rutgers, but Rutgers was responsible for logistics. MSG split the receipts with the B1G. Rutgers made a point not to go out of its way to accommodate MSU. MSU's problem is its issue.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Cam Spencer leaving Rutgers has more to do with always wanting to be close to home (Maryland). Before committing to Rutgers, Spencer tried to commit to Maryland, and they passed. Rutgers offered, and he committed. It was close enough to home, but after a strong season at Rutgers, Gtown came calling. Spencer never gave Rutgers a chance to match the NIL. Unlike the Mawot Mag situation at Rutgers, where Georgia Tech offered a nice NIL, Rutgers matched it and retained Mag. The unseen thing with Spencer is that several other teams (UConn, Michigan, etc.) have offered more than $200K. Now, what started as a move to be closer to home, has Spencer thinking the money might be worth the move further away from home.

Four-star Delquan Warren is a PG, and he thought he was the guy for the 2024 class at Rutgers. Through Twitter and Rutgers Rivals beat writers, it now appears that Warren de-commit because five-star Dylan Harper will be the PG for the 2024 class. News has come out that Harper is ready to announce his commitment plans in June, and most sources feel he is committing to Rutgers. Even some of the Duke believers now feel Rutgers has Harper locked up. Also, Warren posted on social media that he doesn't want to be "the third wheel" behind Harper and five-star commit Ace Bailey, which somewhat confirmed what people were thinking about Harper coming to Rutgers. The 2024 class is still shaping up to be a nice one. You still have commitments from 5-star Ace Bailey, 4-star Lathan Somerville, and soon from 5-star Dyan Harper. I think a lot of hate coming from schools like IU is based on Rutgers owning them, and now the quality of the players continues to improve. Chances are IU's struggle against Rutgers will continue.

The Izzo (MSU) thing can be traced back to Izzo influencing the B1G to move Rutgers' home game against MSU to Madison Square Garden. Rutgers didn't have a problem with it, except it was a Rutgers' home game, yet the B1G called it a neutral site game. NO gate receipts went to Rutgers, but Rutgers was responsible for logistics. MSG split the receipts with the B1G. Rutgers made a point not to go out of its way to accommodate MSU. MSU's problem is its issue.
Thanks for the clarification on Cam. I think it is shady he didn’t even give Rutgers a chance to match or come with some new offer. As a Purdue guy, I’m not losing sleep with him leaving conference though….

Reactions: Schnelk
ADVERTISEMENT