ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Allen

a little unexpected with Graham and Williams names being mentioned a lot.

He goes to a school fairly close to where I live.

Last edited:
Sure, there will be a change here and there before the December official signings. However, it is hard to believe that we should have the majority of our entire class done before the first game.

Allen is listed as an athlete. Graham is a safety. Williams is a cornerback. With Allen's addition it would appear that one of Williams or Graham will not be signed. Defensive backs frequently change positions much like running backs do. For all we know, Mauney could end up playing LB. Unlike Young, at least he's played the position before.

my comment was directed mainly at the predictions, not the position. A lot of people were predicting Graham or Williams would be our next commit. Allen's commitment was a bit of a surprise.

You obviously didn't understand the implications of my comment.

Allen is listed as an athlete. Graham is a safety. Williams is a cornerback. With Allen's addition it would appear that one of Williams or Graham will not be signed. Defensive backs frequently change positions much like running backs do. For all we know, Mauney could end up playing LB. Unlike Young, at least he's played the position before.

my comment was directed mainly at the predictions, not the position. A lot of people were predicting Graham or Williams would be our next commit. Allen's commitment was a bit of a surprise.

Itll be graham. I would wager the williams offer dried up when Allen committed.

Itll be graham. I would wager the williams offer dried up when Allen committed.

I would agree with that. I'd also speculate brohm contacted Williams before accepting the Allen commitment, but Williams was unable to make up his mind soon enough, and lost out.

Cam Allen is a great addition, just a bit of a surprise.

Yes, you’re such a deep thinker.

Allen will be a CB. We’re still taking Graham, if and when he commits. Quit saying this bs about Mauney being a LB. He’s been recruited as a RB at Purdue, not a LB.

Allen will be a CB. We’re still taking Graham, if and when he commits. Quit saying this bs about Mauney being a LB. He’s been recruited as a RB at Purdue, not a LB.

Miles Williams still has a spot if he wanted it, but my guess is he told the staff he’s not coming to Purdue.

at least unlike Young, Mauney's actually played the position of LB. and if Brohm signs Robinson, I highly doubt Mauney will remain a RB. and we also have a RB from Alabama still being recruited.

Sparks is a tremendous QB right now, isn't he? When you're deep at one position, you find another position to play. and when you're thin at a position, yo u look at your available talent to fill that hole.

Mauney could become a RB. or he could become a LB. it will depend on whom else Brohm actually signs

You're clueless

You're clueless
Thanks for the insight.

Obviously everything is the way it is and nothing could ever be a different way even though these athletes do play multiple positions, and even though athletes at Purdue have been known to change positions. my suggestions tha t these recruits might end up playing different positions based upon who else is signed is a clueless assumption. My bad for even suggesting that a player who played WR in high school may play Wr at Purdue. or a player that played LB in high school could play LB at Purdue if we signed Sampson or robinson at RB.

the mere thought of me suggesting an athlete might end up playing a different position and I'm called clueless. We should put Sparks back at QB. that's what he signed on to be. here is your box. Stay in it! never go outside it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT