ADVERTISEMENT

Call the NFL (212) 450-2000 and tell them to invoke Rule 17, Art. 2 Section 2

Purdue-Fan-Ian

Sophomore
Dec 3, 2004
This is important!!!! We all know Drew and the Saints got raped yesterday. I know for a fact that the NFL is getting deluged with millions of phone calls. Commissioner Roger Goodell has the power to reverse yesterday's result by either 1) Sending the Saints to the Super Bowl and telling the Rams sorry. 2) Replaying the entire game. 3) Replaying the game from the point of the non call of pass interference at 1:45.

Reactions: Boilermaker24
Pro Football has reached an all-time low with the no call in the Saints Game.
You would have thought that the Saints were playing the Patriots.......
The Saint`s game ending the way it did does not help the NFL as it quickly see`s it`s 40`s,50`s,60`s and 70 aged male viewership evaporate.....JMHO

Move on. I wanted Bree's to get another shot at a ring, but it's Rams vs Patriots and it's not changing. NFL looks really bad for this one. Go Pats

This is important!!!! We all know Drew and the Saints got raped yesterday. I know for a fact that the NFL is getting deluged with millions of phone calls. Commissioner Roger Goodell has the power to reverse yesterday's result by either 1) Sending the Saints to the Super Bowl and telling the Rams sorry. 2) Replaying the entire game. 3) Replaying the game from the point of the non call of pass interference at 1:45.
The only thing the public does by doing this "protest" is keep the NFL's name in the headlines. Sort of like even bad press is good press. If you really want to protest don't watch the Super Bowl.

Reactions: purduepat1969
This play may help create a new replay option for the officials? That way they can make the correct call
What is incredably unbelievable to me is how anyone could possibly have missed this call to begin with. I mean, everyone in the stadium knew where the ball was going to as soon as the ball left Drew's hand. It was the officials only job, at this point to be watching the receiver and the ball. Anyone could see that the defender runs from across the field to take out the receiver, with not even a glance at the ball. In fact, an argument can be made this actually targeting, since it was helmet to helmet. Regardless of that, how could the official NOT call that PI. It should have been 1st and 10, instead of 4th down, with only 1:45 in regulation time.

I'm not one to call this card, but this looks too much like a FIX to me, folks. This shouldn't have even required a review, of any kind. I'll call this number because I want something to be done about this crap. I'm not anti Ram, but this is totally wrong.

Reactions: Dandelion1972
Right now,I just want the NFL season to end.Its too long and arent most of us sick of the Pats?

What is incredably unbelievable to me is how anyone could possibly have missed this call to begin with. I mean, everyone in the stadium knew where the ball was going to as soon as the ball left Drew's hand. It was the officials only job, at this point to be watching the receiver and the ball. Anyone could see that the defender runs from across the field to take out the receiver, with not even a glance at the ball. In fact, an argument can be made this actually targeting, since it was helmet to helmet. Regardless of that, how could the official NOT call that PI. It should have been 1st and 10, instead of 4th down, with only 1:45 in regulation time.

I'm not one to call this card, but this looks too much like a FIX to me, folks. This shouldn't have even required a review, of any kind. I'll call this number because I want something to be done about this crap. I'm not anti Ram, but this is totally wrong.

Either the refs were the only ones in the Superdome who didn't see the interference, or you are right it was a fix.

if the coaches have any challenges left they should be able to use them in an instance like that.
I honestly would hate PI to become a challengeable call because it feels like contact and grabbing happens all the time and isn’t called. If they can start challenging it I think we will see a huge spike in PI calls and I’d rather just watch them play. A little bit of contact should be OK.

Now maybe I could get behind a rule where the replay official has the ability to buzz the head official if there’s a terrible non call like in this instance? I just don’t want coaches challenging every incomplete pass that had minor contact while the ball was in the air.

Reactions: 1869er
I honestly would hate PI to become a challengeable call because it feels like contact and grabbing happens all the time and isn’t called. If they can start challenging it I think we will see a huge spike in PI calls and I’d rather just watch them play. A little bit of contact should be OK.

Now maybe I could get behind a rule where the replay official has the ability to buzz the head official if there’s a terrible non call like in this instance? I just don’t want coaches challenging every incomplete pass that had minor contact while the ball was in the air.
it wouldn't be every PI, I said a coach should be able to challenge a call if they have any to be used.

If you really want to stir the pot, report to the FBI that the game seems fixed from NFL NYC office (Roger Goodell). Follow the $$$ trail to the referee crew and there is where you'll find the Source. I suspect NFL (Goodell & NYC) made a half time adjustment of their own and wanted the East Coast / West Coast matchup with LA being a very large West Coast presence.

Using my imagination, this is how I think the conversation went on burner phones issued to head ref crew from the NFL's front office.
Ring, Ring, Ring, "Hi Head referee, this is Roger Goodell, If the game is close favor LA Rams. There will be a special bonus waiting in the Grand Caymans that you, your crew and family can pick up at the Ritz Carlton. The Concierge will take care all the arrangements. We'll fly you there for your season ending well deserved break. Tell your crew, and have them keep their mouths shut. Got it? Head Referee response, "Got it!"
The rest is history.

If anyone cared to pursue this, you can e-mail any of the branch offices, most notably New Orleans to see if the complaint has already been registered or call the Headquarters in Washington D.C. as they do not have a National E-mail contact us line.

If you really want to stir the pot, report to the FBI that the game seems fixed from NFL NYC office (Roger Goodell). Follow the $$$ trail to the referee crew and there is where you'll find the Source. I suspect NFL (Goodell & NYC) made a half time adjustment of their own and wanted the East Coast / West Coast matchup with LA being a very large West Coast presence.

Using my imagination, this is how I think the conversation went on burner phones issued to head ref crew from the NFL's front office.
Ring, Ring, Ring, "Hi Head referee, this is Roger Goodell, If the game is close favor LA Rams. There will be a special bonus waiting in the Grand Caymans that you, your crew and family can pick up at the Ritz Carlton. The Concierge will take care all the arrangements. We'll fly you there for your season ending well deserved break. Tell your crew, and have them keep their mouths shut. Got it? Head Referee response, "Got it!"
The rest is history.

If anyone cared to pursue this, you can e-mail any of the branch offices, most notably New Orleans to see if the complaint has already been registered or call the Headquarters in Washington D.C. as they do not have a National E-mail contact us line.
tenor.gif

I am over pro sports.
I watch college and high school sports.

Is the NFL Turing into boxing?
Where Boxing cheats at every fight.
Are they learning too much from wwe?

I am over pro sports.

Game moves too fast for the number/age of referees.

Game moves too fast for the number/age of referees.
There is no way two referees did NOT see it. Head Linesman referee was located near Sean Payton ~ 20 feet from the incident and the Side Judge was near the goal line ~ 20 feet behind the play. Those two are in better position than anyone to see that play and the pass interference / helmet to helmet call (u-pick it).
There is no excuse or way to explain two referees missing the same play. Till now, I didn't even mention the Back Judge and Umpire were within 60 feet of the play and buried their flags as well. That makes 4 referees within 5 to 20 yards and not one person threw the flag, then come together, discuss what was seen, then make the final call. I call B.S.! The fix was in on the Saints. Imply what you want Nat100, the fix was on from some source. Don't know where, but it was on.

I am over pro sports.

Need the pros to keep the college game at a high level, unfortunately. Love of the game (or school) is great, but future money is the primary driver of elite athlete attendance of the school. But I divested myself of any rooting interest in every sport except CFB (DH2 almost killed that off for me too) a couple years ago. If our decision becomes a trend, though, CFB will go down the drain with it.

There is no way two referees did NOT see it. Head Linesman referee was located near Sean Payton ~ 20 feet from the incident and the Side Judge was near the goal line ~ 20 feet behind the play. Those two are in better position than anyone to see that play and the pass interference / helmet to helmet call (u-pick it).
There is no excuse or way to explain two referees missing the same play. Till now, I didn't even mention the Back Judge and Umpire were within 60 feet of the play and buried their flags as well. That makes 4 referees within 5 to 20 yards and not one person threw the flag, then come together, discuss what was seen, then make the final call. I call B.S.! The fix was in on the Saints. Imply what you want Nat100, the fix was on from some source. Don't know where, but it was on.
tenor.gif

Using this incident to put more replay into the game would only compound the mistake. Keep the emphasis on the referee to make the correct call on the field. More replay results in worse officiating.

Supposedly, the officiating crew who did the game are known for "letting them play". There was actually a petition going around by Rams fans to disallow this crew from doing the game. Irony, huh?

The thing nobody is talking about is how the Saints responded to the call on the ensuing Rams possession where they drove down the field and tied it up. I remember thinking at the time of the bogus call, if I'm Sean Peyton I'm telling my defense to do whatever they have to do to the Rams receivers to keep them from the ball, and then I'm getting in the ear of every official on that field and letting them know that they just blew it and it's time to make amends. ONLY THEN if they call YOU for PI can you really complain that the game was not called fairly. Otherwise, you simply didn't take advantage to the extent that the game was being called. The Saints coaching staff and defense bears responsibility here too for playing too soft on that drive.

Using this incident to put more replay into the game would only compound the mistake. Keep the emphasis on the referee to make the correct call on the field. More replay results in worse officiating.

Supposedly, the officiating crew who did the game are known for "letting them play". There was actually a petition going around by Rams fans to disallow this crew from doing the game. Irony, huh?

The thing nobody is talking about is how the Saints responded to the call on the ensuing Rams possession where they drove down the field and tied it up. I remember thinking at the time of the bogus call, if I'm Sean Peyton I'm telling my defense to do whatever they have to do to the Rams receivers to keep them from the ball, and then I'm getting in the ear of every official on that field and letting them know that they just blew it and it's time to make amends. ONLY THEN if they call YOU for PI can you really complain that the game was not called fairly. Otherwise, you simply didn't take advantage to the extent that the game was being called. The Saints coaching staff and defense bears responsibility here too for playing too soft on that drive.
the idiot TE for the Saints who dropped Drew's first TD pass didn't help matters neither.

To prove they are not on the take the rules could have been enacted. You can't tell me that the commish office was not watching the game. A simple fix - rather than going into ot, have the commish office admit a grave error was made, cite the rules, and replay the game from the point of the infraction.

it wouldn't be every PI, I said a coach should be able to challenge a call if they have any to be used.
Understood. But my point is a PI could be called 20x a game by the letter of the law. So a coach can choose to use his challenge on one of those and we will see a 47 yard penalty because a DB’s arm brushed the torso of a WR.

I’d rather see fewer challenges, not more.

Reactions: Chi-Boiler
To prove they are not on the take the rules could have been enacted. You can't tell me that the commish office was not watching the game. A simple fix - rather than going into ot, have the commish office admit a grave error was made, cite the rules, and replay the game from the point of the infraction.
Won’t happen. Several games hinge on blown calls. They don’t get replayed.

Game was fixed. No other explanation seems valid. These were the best referees in the NFL. They don’t miss the obvious unless they intended to do so.

I’m done watching the pro game.

I realize the NFL isn't going to replay the game. the commish office isn't going to do anything. and the owners are never united enough to make him do anything.

if the "old" owners had any influence, we'd have a halftime show of people I've actually heard of. it's obvious that show is NOT targeted to the over 40 audience.

this goes back to my philosophy - why create laws and rules if you have no plan to enforce them?

the idiot TE for the Saints who dropped Drew's first TD pass didn't help matters neither.

I thought that was an extremely difficult catch to make. Frankly I thought Drew could have been better. He missed a wide open Ginn on 3rd and 20. The WR screen to Thomas 2 plays before the play-in-question was a bad throw. If he completes that for 5 yards or so, they run the ball two more times and even if it gets to 4th down they've killed another 45 seconds of the clock. And then of course we have the INT in OT. He's got to get out of the pocket there.

The Saints got screwed yes. But they could have and should have still won the game.

Reactions: Dandelion1972

There could have been a review of this play if the officials wanted to review it because it was a helmet to helmet hit. So yes “the fix was in”. Helmet to helmet hit’s are always reviewable

ADVERTISEMENT