ADVERTISEMENT

Caleb had 7pts & 9rbs as Portland wins NBA SL Championship over Lakers.

Biggie has a double-double already vs. the Grizzlies.

Last edited:
From everything I've read, Dakota is headed to the D league or Europe.
I don't know anything about the Euro league, but what's a player like DM earn over there? Do they live there year round or just during the season?

I don't know anything about the Euro league, but what's a player like DM earn over there? Do they live there year round or just during the season?
He’ll make more money over there but if he has NBA dreams the D League is his best bet for a year or two. Typically Euro league players only live there during the season and then move back to the states in the off season. I believe there are tax advantages to doing that. I don’t personally know any BBall players over there but have known guys in other sports and that’s how they did it.

He should make their G league team.

Biggie, As much as I loved him while at PU, is not going to make in the NBA. He is just not athletic enough.

He has his work cut out for him, no doubt, Mandeville. But with Ed Davis leaving this summer, it does give Caleb Swanigan a better shot to get more consistent meaningful minutes opportunities off the bench or if there is an injury in the front-court. They're at a crossroads with Meyers Leonard seemingly as well.

We shall see, hopefully.

Biggie, As much as I loved him while at PU, is not going to make in the NBA. He is just not athletic enough.
Have mentioned elsewhere, but you don't need to be an athletic freak to become an NBA mainstay. Plenty of dudes like JJ Reddick that are perennial starters who have at best average measurables and athleticism, but are ELITE at one or a couple things and play within themselves to succeed. Problem for Biggie is he lacks athleticism and is GOOD at a lot of things (Post-moves, rebounding, passing, catch-and-shoot, free throws), but there are better post-players, rebounders, passers, jump shooters, and free throw shooters than him on every roster.

Reactions: LLaswell
Have mentioned elsewhere, but you don't need to be an athletic freak to become an NBA mainstay. Plenty of dudes like JJ Reddick that are perennial starters who have at best average measurables and athleticism, but are ELITE at one or a couple things and play within themselves to succeed. Problem for Biggie is he lacks athleticism and is GOOD at a lot of things (Post-moves, rebounding, passing, catch-and-shoot, free throws), but there are better post-players, rebounders, passers, jump shooters, and free throw shooters than him on every roster.
I understand Reddick is white but that doesn’t mean he isn’t athletic. Is he on par with Lebron? No. Is he as athletic as Curry? Yes. He just isn’t as skilled as Curry.

Not knocking him in any way. Biggie has accomplished great things in his life and basketball but watching him even in the summer league, he is quite a bit slower than most of those guys out there. He may end up doing great, I just would not bet on it.

Not knocking him in any way. Biggie has accomplished great things in his life and basketball but watching him even in the summer league, he is quite a bit slower than most of those guys out there. He may end up doing great, I just would not bet on it.

He has a shot to stick around. He plays hard and is smart. If he can turn himself into a 38% 3 point shooter with high is hustle and passing ability, he'll carve out a role.

Reactions: Roeder
I understand Reddick is white but that doesn’t mean he isn’t athletic. Is he on par with Lebron? No. Is he as athletic as Curry? Yes. He just isn’t as skilled as Curry.
Definitely wasn't playing the race card, and in no way do I want people to assume that I was. He's just simply not an above-the-rim player. That's what most people think of when they think "athletic freak" nowadays, a la Blake Griffin, Giannis Antetokounmpo, etc. But Reddick has been a mainstay in various starting rotations for the Clippers and Sixers because he's an elite shooter, passer, and decision-maker. Those teams could pair him with Griffins, Simmons, etc. and let him thrive. Biggie is no less athletic than Reddick, but he lacks the elite level production at 1 or more areas to see meaningful minutes.

Not with his current game. I think that's what caused him to come back for his sophomore season (that and him just not being ready at all haha). He worked so hard on his conditioning and spot-up shooting abilities and proved he can improve them with work. That got the attention of NBA scouts his second go-round. He just needs to continue to improve on them.

There's a saying in weight loss/fitness routine circles that it takes 4 weeks to notice change in yourself after starting a routine, 8 weeks for close friends and family to notice that change, and 12 weeks for everyone else to notice. The time frames are adjustable, but the point is, Biggie's obviously improved since his freshman season at Purdue, and that was obvious to those of us watching closely. But in a league with hundreds of potential participants, he needs to consistently perform at the levels we know he's capable of to stick out from the crowd and earn the minutes he's seeking over others trying for the same minutes.

Last edited:
He has a shot to stick around. He plays hard and is smart. If he can turn himself into a 38% 3 point shooter with high is hustle and passing ability, he'll carve out a role.

I agree. The NBA transitioning to smalller lineups could come at the right time for him to play the 5. Swanigan will always rebound at a high level. If he can hit the open 3, make the right pass, and defend the high ball screen well he will stick for awhile.

ADVERTISEMENT