ADVERTISEMENT

CA and Newsom chasing rich tax payers out of the state

TheGunner

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2001
Reactions: bonefish1
Why are dems, lefties and libs so clueless. I mean, I'm sure there's some smart people who lean left, but they just say and do so many dumb things.

Yeah, how dare we tax billionaires 1.5% more.
"Congratulations for all the blood, sweat and tears you've put into building yourself into a financial success. As a reward, we're going to take more of your money."

Does that seem right?

My buddy is in CA right now and texted that he couldn't believe how many homeless people there are living on the streets. They don't have a homeless problem, they have a work ethic problem.

"Congratulations for all the blood, sweat and tears you've put into building yourself into a financial success. As a reward, we're going to take more of your money."

Does that seem right?

My buddy is in CA right now and texted that he couldn't believe how many homeless people there are living on the streets. They don't have a homeless problem, they have a work ethic problem.
Ah yes the billionaires worked so very hard for that money. They worked the hardest, more than anyone else. Therefore they deserve to be orders of magnitude richer than the rubes.

Ah yes the billionaires worked so very hard for that money. They worked the hardest, more than anyone else. Therefore they deserve to be orders of magnitude richer than the rubes.

Yep. Take more of their money. They'll have to cut back on their business expenses. Guess who will lose their jobs over this.

I’m waiting for CA to propose a tax on US citizens wealth, because somehow every US citizen has profited from CA being a state in the union.

I have a quick solution to CAs problem. Raise state tax to 25% on anyone making over $1MM, and then give that money to the poor. Heck, let’s go ahead with a 30% tax rate. That will cause all of the Republicans to move away and CA will have their Utopian society. Then everyone can see how that society plays out.

Reactions: SKYDOG
What a typical lefty libby response: You assume all rich people got to where they are out of dumb luck and circumstance. Oh wait...maybe it was their white privilege (unless of course, you're wealthy but not white, in which case, it's something different.

What's your definition of 'hard work'?
Ditch digging?
Turning a wrench?
Slinging coffee at Starbucks?

As indicated in the story, the top 1% of taxpayers pay 50% of state taxes. So how exactly has the working class been footing the bill? I do believe the amount of money people like Bill Gates, Elon, Mark Z, etc have is obscene but otoh, how many families are being supported by the jobs they have created? Millions of families are living and most very well thank you due to guys like this that take a dream and run with it.

And some (like Gates and Buffet) have pledged to give their fortunes back via philanthropy during and after their lifetime. They do more for the country and it's economy and social structure that is positive than they are ever given credit for. No, I am certainly not rich at all but I have the brains to appreciate the risks these guys have taken to get where they are. Many have tried and failed but people like this have the balls and the confidence to keep trying and the ones who succeed have earned their money, in my book.

As indicated in the story, the top 1% of taxpayers pay 50% of state taxes. So how exactly has the working class been footing the bill? I do believe the amount of money people like Bill Gates, Elon, Mark Z, etc have is obscene but otoh, how many families are being supported by the jobs they have created? Millions of families are living and most very well thank you due to guys like this that take a dream and run with it.

And some (like Gates and Buffet) have pledged to give their fortunes back via philanthropy during and after their lifetime. They do more for the country and it's economy and social structure that is positive than they are ever given credit for. No, I am certainly not rich at all but I have the brains to appreciate the risks these guys have taken to get where they are. Many have tried and failed but people like this have the balls and the confidence to keep trying and the ones who succeed have earned their money, in my book.
Billionaires do nothing but leech.

Billionaires do nothing but leech.

Thanks to your thoughtful response to the concrete points I made.

It is hard to have a discussion with someone who ignores everything you say and throws out some bs like "they all leeches". Tell that to all the families whose living is provided by the companies those leeches spent their lives building up. I would agree they keep more of the money than they should but this is not an ideal world. At least these guys are providing a living for hundreds of thousands of families. What have you done lately?

Thanks to your thoughtful response to the concrete points I made.

It is hard to have a discussion with someone who ignores everything you say and throws out some bs like "they all leeches". Tell that to all the families whose living is provided by the companies those leeches spent their lives building up. I would agree they keep more of the money than they should but this is not an ideal world. At least these guys are providing a living for hundreds of thousands of families. What have you done lately?
Jobs existed before billionaires.

Reactions: BoilerBuzz
why should the rich have to be a higher percentage... I'm certainly not in the rich category, but I've always felt it was wrong to tax someone a higher percentage just because they make more. It's just another way to appease those that aren't rich.
Because the rich convinced the powers that be that they should be rewarded for "creating jobs and moving economy" (you know, because the hundreds of millions of consumers don't do that themselves with just basic living activities). So there are a boatload of tax breaks they get rolling out of bed. On the flip side, if you just sit on that money, you pay higher tax to balance it out. It was the deal that was made.
But, hey, a flat tax for EVERYONE would fix that. But you do know who's against that? Yeah. The rich.
I normally stay out of these conversations. The only people that seem to dominate this forum are folks that THINK their narrow view of the world is the only view worth considering. But I just couldn't let this dangle. The rich have a higher base tax rate, but have NEVER come close to ever paying it. No one cares about the base tax rate. The EFFECTIVE tax rate is the bottom line and the rich pay a much lower percentage. But everyone here should be intelligent enough to know this already. So I'll go back to shutting up.

ADVERTISEMENT