ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue football Burke on concessions snafu …

KODK

All-American
Nov 9, 2004
Morgan Burke strongly apologized Tuesday morning for the concessions nightmare on Saturday at Ross-Ade Stadium.

It was brought up in posts on KHC - and he heard from many as well - that lines stretched exceedingly long during the game, with fans waiting upwards of 20 minutes or longer to be served. Some estimated that as many as half, or more, of the concession booths were closed.

We talked to Burke Tuesday for Friday's pregame podcast - you'll be able to listen to the full interview, in which he talks about the season's start, "Master Plan," his goals for the program before he leaves, etc. right here - but the following is his statement on the concessions issue.

“I don’t know (what happened). Levy has been doing this for years. All I know that in my 20 years, I’ve not had that kind of frustration from people on that subject. The concessions are in large part sub-contracted to various not-for-profit groups that man those facilities – they make some money out of it – it’s kind of a community gesture.

“I’m told they had some unexpected report-offs. Now, whose fault and whose pointing fingers? I don’t know, but it is
unacceptable and it happened at the spring game and Levy is on notice that we will not expect to see that again at Purdue.

“So I apologize to all the fans. I heard about it. I had some of my staff (down there), Barb Kapp, down in the concourse area. (The fans) aren’t BSing, they have legitimate beefs and I’m sorry for it. We have taken corrective steps to put it to bed. It better not be an issue this weekend.”

Again, more with Burke on Friday's show, at 11 a.m. We'll also preview Purdue's matchup with Virginia Tech.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News