ADVERTISEMENT

BTT draw and time?

illiniboiler

All-American
Jun 26, 2001
Sounds like Thursday vs MSU, a decent matchup, then prob mich or md. Time and station when you know, thanks

Sounds like Thursday vs MSU, a decent matchup, then prob mich or md. Time and station when you know, thanks
Tip off is 11:30 AM, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, assuming they keep advancing. Only played MSU once, in East Lansing, and beat them by 10. Outscored them 26 to 15 in the 4th quarter. Brooke Moore had 10 pts in the 4th quarter and Jeanae Terry, Abbey Ellis, and Rickie Woltman were significant contributors in the 4th quarter. I will be seeing Tim Newton before Thursday and I will find out the radio stations for you. Are you not able to get 95.3 BOB FM in your location?

Reactions: DocRon
Tip off is 11:30 AM, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, assuming they keep advancing. Only played MSU once, in East Lansing, and beat them by 10. Outscored them 26 to 15 in the 4th quarter. Brooke Moore had 10 pts in the 4th quarter and Jeanae Terry, Abbey Ellis, and Rickie Woltman were significant contributors in the 4th quarter. I will be seeing Tim Newton before Thursday and I will find out the radio stations for you. Are you not able to get 95.3 BOB FM in your location?
https://bigten.org/sports/2021/9/10/2022WBBT.aspx

This is the link to the Big Ten web site for the WBB Tournament schedule

I’m not optimistic they can beat MSU - i hope I’m wrong but the wind just seems to have gone out of their sails. Think about how this team looked, and played, in both IU games - where is that team? They should be no more physically “spent” than any other B10 team - it has to be more a mental/emotional empty tank after pouring heart and soul into some of those earlier high intensity games that they won, or came soooo close!

Maybe it is - as others have said - they’ve just “hit a wall” and have “played above their talent level” Very reasonable explanations for the drop-off in the last few games. I want so badly for this group of gritty gals to have a good end to their season - they simply deserve it after a tumultuous (sp?) off season and working so hard.

Rest, regroup, and make some noise in the BTT !

Reactions: DocRon
These games will all be on TV. Thurs on BTN. they always are. NIT will only be on if yoiu get to semi-finals. Thanks
We got a very good draw. We can beat MSu and we played OSU tough for quite a while. But the way we have been playing lately does not bode well. But touneys tend to produce different things in teams. Purdue if playing well is certainly capable. Would like to beat MSU because I think that would lock us for NIT. That experience would be good for a team with so much returning.

If we play our best basketball, I will give us a chance to beat any conference opponent. If we don't, we can lose to any conference opponent. Hoping we can get the game on Thursday. Anything beyond that isn't worth talking about yet.

I'm looking forward to the game. I really haven't got to see them a lot this year. Don't have BigTen+. It seems like they were on the regular network less this year than in seasons past.

I thought there was a week break between end of season and BTT - I was wrong, only a measly 3 days. I just don't see us being competitive with MSU - the thing this team needs most, and I've been saying it all along, is a week's worth of rest. We hit a wall when we played at Wisconsin and have not looked remotely like the team who easily beat the Spartans in East Lansing. I just don't see us magically finding the mojo we had in these next 3 days.

I thought there was a week break between end of season and BTT - I was wrong, only a measly 3 days. I just don't see us being competitive with MSU - the thing this team needs most, and I've been saying it all along, is a week's worth of rest. We hit a wall when we played at Wisconsin and have not looked remotely like the team who easily beat the Spartans in East Lansing. I just don't see us magically finding the mojo we had in these next 3 days.
Our opponents have had no more rest than us. The players that have faded are not freshmen.

I think the explanation for their downturn is more along the line of what others have said - that they played above their abilities for 2/3 of a season and now have come down to earth.

I am still hopeful that we beat MSU. In the last game we smothered their best player, Nia Clouden, holding her to 2 of 13 shooting and 7 points. If we can do that again, we have a good chance for a W.

Last edited:
Reactions: Russ Ford
Our opponents have had no more rest than us. The players that have faded are not freshmen.

I think the explanation for their downturn is more along the line of what others have said - that they played above their abilities for 2/3 of a season and now have come down to earth.

I am still hopeful that we beat MSU. In the last game we smothered their best player, Nia Clouden, holding her to 2 of 13 shooting and 7 points. If we can do that again, we have a good chance for a W.
Several teams, including Wisconsin, had Covid breaks in January - those breaks are really helping in late Feb - only 7 teams played the entire B10, 18 game schedule. IU has only played 16 and Illinois has played 14. Our one off week in February was filled in to get the Wisconsin game in. Some people were led to believe that those teams who had Covid interruptions were going to have all the games rescheduled, that was simply not possible. Hurts for Michigan and Maryland considering they lost out on a B10 championship because of it.

You can see it in our shots - the legs are not lifting like they did during the first part of the season - it's not like our players magically forgot how to play or Cinderella had a to be home by midnight sort of thing. And yes, it's affecting the upperclassmen the most because they have consistently logged the most minutes. When you play a 8 player rotation and 6 of those are guards it's really hard to keep up that style of play when it gets to late Feb, ESPECIALLY if your team gets essentially no bye week. Only way we can score points is if our 3s go down. That's the only way we were able to make a comeback yesterday. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it. MSU is a better matchup for us than NW tho. Layden is hurt, she's playing through it, but she simply can't jump the way she did prior to that ankle injury. She didn't just pull a Space Jam and magically lose all of her basketball talent. Can you imagine having a pretty severe ankle injury and not having any time to actually rest it and you HAVE to play through it because you have no other choice.

Last edited:
Also - for those who might say - ya well we got our 'bye' week when we had the Wisconsin game cancelled at the end of December- yes and no. That game was supposed to be played on Dec 30, right after the standard break for Finals week that every team gets. So that essentially just extended that break for a couple days- it didn't give us important rest between long stretches of intense conference games like the Feb bye week was intended to give teams. We have essentially played 15 consecutive games from Jan 9 to March 3 without any extended time to rest legs. That's a REALLY tough task to ask 8 kids, including 2 freshmen, who already have both physical and talent limitations in a VERY physical and tough league.

Reactions: Big Campus
2021 RADIO NETWORK AFFILIATES
^ - Jeff Brohm Show

MarketStationFrequency
Anderson^WHBU1240 AM
Bedford^WBIW1340 AM
BerneWZBD92.7 FM
Boonville^WBNL1540 AM
Bremen/South Bend^WHPZ96.9 FM
Dowagiac, Mich.^WHPD92.1 FM
Evansville^WGBF1280 AM
Fort Wayne^WKJG1380 AM
HammondWJOB1230 AM