ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm staying...

Aug 14, 2008
Brian that is, as interim head coach. Interesting. I could totally get behind Brian as head coach long term with Hagen as DC.

Reactions: creichr
Brian that is, as interim head coach. Interesting. I could totally get behind Brian as head coach long term with Hagen as DC.
I really can't imagine that happening. We probably would have already known. I would expect Greg and Brian to go with Jeff.

I really can't imagine that happening. We probably would have already known. I would expect Greg and Brian to go with Jeff.
This is being reported by Tom D. He was with them today. He isn’t sure about Hagan but most of the staff will be going before the bowl game. Brian is coaching the game.

This is being reported by Tom D. He was with them today. He isn’t sure about Hagan but most of the staff will be going before the bowl game. Brian is coaching the game.
I meant the prospect of Brian staying long term. He's staying now to coach the game so they don't completely leave Purdue in the lurch.

that sounds similar to what brohm did when he left WKU. he left behind his DC to coach the game, and he later joined his staff at Purdue. I suspect Brian will be coaching in Louisville in January

I meant the prospect of Brian staying long term. He's staying now to coach the game so they don't completely leave Purdue in the lurch.
Surely he must be under contract beyond the bowl game… why would you let a future Louisville coach recruit your best players for the next month?

Reactions: pboiler18
If Brian Brohm is Bobinski's top pick for head coach
Purdue may need a new AD next
Eh i wouldnt be worried it they chose brian. Only one brohm can be head at louisville. He isn’t going yo leave us to take an offensive coordinator position after being a head coach and if we stay good under him there is no reason to leave purdue either. We can then schedule brohm bowl in indy each year and who wouldnt want that?

Maybe MBob is working a plan to make him HC, keep the staff intact, and get Shepard back.
I'm not in the know but Shepard would be the better hire as hc imo. The whole wild card in all of this is if bobinski wants to keep the staff together minus the normal attrition. Undoubtedly brohm will be targeting guys off the current staff if louisville will pay. If so, a guy like leanord makes sense and you bring back your top coaches. if not go get the utsa coach.

Surely he must be under contract beyond the bowl game… why would you let a future Louisville coach recruit your best players for the next month?

I'd bet he's not here to recruit. Only to coach the bowl game. It's nothing more than continuity for the current players leading up to the bowl game...

Reactions: DrEss and Wolegib
I'm not in the know but Shepard would be the better hire as hc imo. The whole wild card in all of this is if bobinski wants to keep the staff together minus the normal attrition. Undoubtedly brohm will be targeting guys off the current staff if louisville will pay. If so, a guy like leanord makes sense and you bring back your top coaches. if not go get the utsa coach.
UTSA coach already said he's not leaving UTSA...probably was contacted by Bobinski...

If we got Traylor we probably couldn't tell IU fans with a straight face they all live in trailers... lol

• Haha
Reactions: TX4GB
Has anyone asked the players if they wanted Brian to stay and coach the bowl game? I presume they would. I know I am a Louisville fan and I played with Jeff in High School, but I would trade you anything for your experience under Jeff for the one we had with Petrino and Satterfield the past few years. I think it shows some respect for the program for Brian to want and stay and not just run out the door and hit the recruiting trail full time (presuming that was the players' desire).

We have a long history of coaches leaving for the next "better" job under very cowardly circumstances. Jeff didn't take the Louisville job because Purdue was an inferior one. He left because it was an opportunity to get home with his family. Purdue will be seen through a much different and favorable lens than the one it appeared through when Jeff came. You also have the benefit of him making a quick decision and not putting it off until after the bowl game and the coaching carousel had played out, leaving you with the coaching dregs (been there).

The last coach didn't leave for a better program, and he didn't leave over a lack of money. The next coach will see a program where the coach wasn't itching to get out as soon as he arrived, a program that can pay coaches at a high level, and a program that is strong enough to have played in the BIG10 Championship game. I know it sucks....we've been there many times, but you are luckier than most. Your program is a class act. Good luck to you all and I will be rooting for Purdue in the Big 10. I truly mean it.

I hope he stays too at least for a year to ensure guys stay give him a extra sprinkle in the contract.

I 200% think there's no nefariousness on the recruit subject. They can't control if kids want to follow them to Louisville. What are they gonna say? no? and then those recruits don't go to either school.

I 200% think there's no nefariousness on the recruit subject. They can't control if kids want to follow them to Louisville. What are they gonna say? no? and then those recruits don't go to either school.
We need a coach who will be spending the next few weeks convincing our own kids to stay.

I have to believe out of respect to Purdue, that brohm had his brother stay for the bowl game to provide some continuity for the the team.

that's exactly what the coach at UW is doing. he's already said he's staying for the bowl game and then leaving.

i suspect the same is true for brian.

I have to believe out of respect to Purdue, that brohm had his brother stay for the bowl game to provide some continuity for the the team.

that's exactly what the coach at UW is doing. he's already said he's staying for the bowl game and then leaving.

i suspect the same is true for brian.
Congrats. This is the first realistic take you've had since the coaching transition talk started (Urban, etc...)

Reactions: purduepat1969
Congrats. This is the first realistic take you've had since the coaching transition talk started (Urban, etc...)
i've posted this same thought about 5 times in other threads. I guess you didn't read my post that brohm did the same thing when he left WKU by leaving his DC to coach their bowl game before he rejoined brohm at purdue the following month?

and if you were a packers fan, you would know they offered leonhard the DC position 2 years ago, but he turned them down to stay at UW. and now the the Packers' DC is on the hot seat. and Packers fans are now screaming to GUTe to hire leonhard.

as for my other posts, my creativity and sarcasm was trying to match the sheer stupidity of the other posts being made. I was trying to fit in. I guess you thought I was serious? I guess you thought those other posts made by others were objective?

This coaching transition. Throwing up Tressel and Urban. You must be a Grandmaster at sarcasm in your neck of the woods.

ADVERTISEMENT