ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm is a Genius

May 23, 2015
Everyone keeps asking why Brohm doesn't just come out and say definitively one way or another. The issue is, this doesn't help in negotiating...and before people impugn Brohm by saying he is money hungry...it is also about his staff, for whom he is responsible.

Issue #2 is that, if he truly is going to stay, he has to allow the UofL issue to dissolve organically or he might ruin his legacy and standing (and that of his family) in a city that is, seemingly, putting all their eggs in his basket. This is no easy task.

Finally, and few are talking about it, but the amount of publicity this continues to bring is enormous. It is being talked about on every sporting news agency in Kentucky, Indiana and nationally on ESPN and BTN, obviously on social media...shoot, even SEC writers are engaging the subject. This is the sort of thing a coach does not want to end.

Who knows what his ultimate decision will be...I would hope we can take him at his word, as he always seemed like a guy that with integrity. Having said that, he is navigating several different issues masterfully in whatever direction he pursues, let's hope it is Purdue that benefits.

I would agree this is strictly business. This takes time and many avenues have to be put together. I truly believe that he will stay and his assistants will get a nice bump in pay. As well, legacy's are meant to be cemented where you lay. Harbaugh is under fire and is a prime example of why it doesn't always work in your favor.

Everyone keeps asking why Brohm doesn't just come out and say definitively one way or another. The issue is, this doesn't help in negotiating...and before people impugn Brohm by saying he is money hungry...it is also about his staff, for whom he is responsible.

Issue #2 is that, if he truly is going to stay, he has to allow the UofL issue to dissolve organically or he might ruin his legacy and standing (and that of his family) in a city that is, seemingly, putting all their eggs in his basket. This is no easy task.

Finally, and few are talking about it, but the amount of publicity this continues to bring is enormous. It is being talked about on every sporting news agency in Kentucky, Indiana and nationally on ESPN and BTN, obviously on social media...shoot, even SEC writers are engaging the subject. This is the sort of thing a coach does not want to end.

Who knows what his ultimate decision will be...I would hope we can take him at his word, as he always seemed like a guy that with integrity. Having said that, he is navigating several different issues masterfully in whatever direction he pursues, let's hope it is Purdue that benefits.

Yeah, he has said that he noticed a considerable bump in recruiting after the Tennessee saga last year. Why wouldn’t he want to do that again?

Also, why do people assume that he doesn’t want more money? I drive an old beater car too, but I am absolutely motivated by money.

No one in administration, including MD and the board, believe he is leaving. If he does, it won't be because of money. I'm sure this time next year we will be having the same conversation. As Purdue 95 wrote, relax and enjoy this. We have a very bright future.

Reactions: Michael6969
No one in administration, including MD and the board, believe he is leaving. If he does, it won't be because of money. I'm sure this time next year we will be having the same conversation. As Purdue 95 wrote, relax and enjoy this. We have a very bright future.

Neither does Brees (think he is leaving)!

Reactions: BoilerJonny
I cant believe I am still reading these posts. But since I am here, I will say that at this point, there are 3 plausible scenarios all based on the statement of one Mr Rondale Moore yesterday:
1. Brohm is telling the truth and will be at Purdue next year.
2. Brohm is lying to Rondale to provide cover and is going to jump.
3. Brohm and Rondale Moore - an 18 year old kid who is still wearing effing braces for God's sake- are both lying and involved in a scheme that will run well into 8 figures in which they will both jump to Louisville.

I believe he is staying. If he is lying to the kids, he will have damaged his character and he will fit right in at Lville. Option 3 was just for fun, although it would be devastating but oh so Purdueish for that one to be the case.

I cant believe I am still reading these posts. But since I am here, I will say that at this point, there are 3 plausible scenarios all based on the statement of one Mr Rondale Moore yesterday:
1. Brohm is telling the truth and will be at Purdue next year.
2. Brohm is lying to Rondale to provide cover and is going to jump.
3. Brohm and Rondale Moore - an 18 year old kid who is still wearing effing braces for God's sake- are both lying and involved in a scheme that will run well into 8 figures in which they will both jump to Louisville.

I believe he is staying. If he is lying to the kids, he will have damaged his character and he will fit right in at Lville. Option 3 was just for fun, although it would be devastating but oh so Purdueish for that one to be the case.

The point of my post was not to lament my fears but to point out there is much more at stake than just getting up to quash the rumors.

Reactions: Frankie611

Excellent point on issue #2. I think a lot of Purdue fans want him to come out and blowoff Lville right away. As an alum, that’s tough to do.
Let’s say we have an opening and looking at Kevin Sumlin. It is not the right time or place to come here. How would we feel if he blows off and dismisses his alma mater???!!?? It has to been done with grace and dignity. I think (hope) Brohm is letting down Lville gently and gracefully....as it should be.

yep you guys are so easy to upset. you boys need to relax and know that you'll still be able to get a decent coach. I'm sure there is a coordinator somewhere that would love the Purdue job.

Hohum.....

yep you guys are so easy to upset. you boys need to relax and know that you'll still be able to get a decent coach. I'm sure there is a coordinator somewhere that would love the Purdue job.
I'd get used to this if I were you:

TPZf4Z-X_400x400.jpg

It's simple why he hasn't come out and just said he isn't taking the Louisville job, him being offered the job was still in the speculation category and he has said multiple times, he doesn't like to comment on speculation. So in his mind, you can't decline a job you haven't been offered.

That is why he focused on the future at Purdue, because that is factual, but also covers speculation of him leaving. People just choose to ignore what he said or read to much into it. So far in his time at Purdue, Brohm has always been straight forward, he says what he means and up until now, meant what he has said. I'll continue to take him at his word until he gives me a reason to no longer do so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT