ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm interview on the B1G Tailgate

I like the finish"Boiler up"! I know he didn't say it but sounds like he likes the future of Purdue and him saying "We" have a lot to do still.

I like the finish"Boiler up"! I know he didn't say it but sounds like he likes the future of Purdue and him saying "We" have a lot to do still.
Whats he gonna say? If in fact he is leaning towards leaving, he can't come out and say "I am really considering the job" ..........He would in fact lose the team, probably last 2 games! He is saying all the good PR stuff he should be saying......

Let's stop messing around make it 4mill with incentives for up to 5mill a year.
Lot of money for a coach that has a few wins. I know it's about potential, but potential with the Haze damn near broke the bank and set the program back years. Brohm, IMHO, has to win out this year and get PU into a much better bowl. Personally, I don't think he can do that....but that's just my opinion.

Whats he gonna say? If in fact he is leaning towards leaving, he can't come out and say "I am really considering the job" ..........He would in fact lose the team, probably last 2 games! He is saying all the good PR stuff he should be saying......

And any bargaining chip at the salary discussion stage with either Purdue or Louisville

Well for one, he doesn't even need to come out. He came out with Purdue gear and selling our facilities and the Purdue trend. Coming out and doing these things. I personally like and selling the Purdue program to recruits and the nation. Once again, they said he was the only coach to come on stage out of 28 times. I'm just saying he doesn't need to sell a program he is leaving.

Well for one, he doesn't even need to come out. He came out with Purdue gear and selling our facilities and the Purdue trend. Coming out and doing these things. I personally like and selling the Purdue program to recruits and the nation. Once again, they said he was the only coach to come on stage out of 28 times. I'm just saying he doesn't need to sell a program he is leaving.
Just the fact that he came on set to be interviewed knowing what questions he would be getting says a lot imo. He could have just hid and he didn't.

Lot of money for a coach that has a few wins. I know it's about potential, but potential with the Haze damn near broke the bank and set the program back years. Brohm, IMHO, has to win out this year and get PU into a much better bowl. Personally, I don't think he can do that....but that's just my opinion.
I am on the bus heading to 'let's see what he does with his players the next two years.' Coaches who 'want to win' don't leave after two years of incredibly hard rebuilding. The psychology of it all is not hard to see. He is a strong family guy whose kids are very important to him. He spent sooo many days/nights on campus over the past two years game planning, then even more days/nights on the road recruiting. He is finally in a place with his recruiting on track and his team having talent coming in that game planning and recruiting will not be the only thing he (and his staff lets not forget) do. You cannot put a price-tag on having time to enjoy your kids when they are growing up and want and need his parenting. He knows the money is there now and will grow as the wins do. His family is also there..nuff-said

Wouldn’t cut it. Want to keep him here, he’s going to need $6 million plus $5 million in staff salaries.
That will happen when the 'keepers of the coffers' pay him-we know they know when/how to go about that. Do you offer him more $ before UofL offers him? Or does doing that give UofL too much information? Not sure what to do there

We know what your opinion is. You didn't want him to begin with and have grumbled at every turn since the hire.

Reactions: Purdue85
None of that means anything, what else would he say or do? Signed: all UL and IU fans.

Only Brohm has appeared on BT Tailgate. Kind of interesting. I think Brohm understands the more he is in the light, all the better for not only recruiting, but building excitement around the the team and the university. That's his approach anyway and I'm all for it.

For some reason, you're not a fan of Brohm. You've made multiple comments. Is your first name Darrel?

Reactions: pu1985
And I would be supportive of this and make a contribution towards it personally if it included a sizable buyout on his side so we can send a message he is committed to us now and in the future.

PU can EASILY afford $6 mil. With Brohm, it’s not about the money for the right coach.
A winning football team is invaluable to the university.

Ok. I'm finally convinced.

He's repeatedly stated that positive things have come with "hot" coaches being in the limelight. Recruiting picks up, fan interest increases and the media keeps the "talk" going. Hell, I saw the article this past week on the front page of the USA Today sports section and it still didn't hit me until I saw this video.

He knows the media "game" and is playing it superbly. The more you're talked about, the better it is for your program.

I think he's staying.

Only Brohm has appeared on BT Tailgate. Kind of interesting. I think Brohm understands the more he is in the light, all the better for not only recruiting, but building excitement around the the team and the university. That's his approach anyway and I'm all for it.
I was just about to mention that. He had no obligation to come out and face the music. If you are a coach about to turn your back on your team and fans do you really put yourself out there voluntarily? No, all of this adds up to exactly what Brohm has said in the past, that the media attention is good for the program. If he came out and said he’s staying, Purdue is not in the news the rest of the season.

I was just about to mention that. He had no obligation to come out and face the music. If you are a coach about to turn your back on your team and fans do you really put yourself out there voluntarily? No, all of this adds up to exactly what Brohm has said in the past, that the media attention is good for the program. If he came out and said he’s staying, Purdue is not in the news the rest of the season.
Bb
Again, with money.

1, it's easy to spend money that isn't yours
2, there's nothing in this guy's history that says he all about the dollar$

Winner winner chicken dinner

They commented he had done it twice,....once each year when they visited Purdue. As for “does he go question”. Who knows....but we all know Coach Brohm and his family have all had fun here at Purdue. CJB likes to win and he’s seeing that starting to happen and a great recruiting class coming in. I like our odds.

What makes him worth that kind of money? He's done nothing to earn that kind of a raise.
Top 25 recruiting class. Best ever at Purdue

Turned a team that won 5 fbs games in 4 years (2-3 star recruits with no major offers) into a 7-6 team his first year and beating 3 rank teams this year including the #2 team in the nation.

If you can't see the progress and upward explosion this team has taken since he has taken over do us a favor and go root for IU.

Reactions: chiboiler7
Top 25 recruiting class. Best ever at Purdue

Turned a team that won 5 fbs games in 4 years (2-3 star recruits with no major offers) into a 7-6 team his first year and beating 3 rank teams this year including the #2 team in the nation.

If you can't see the progress and upward explosion this team has taken since he has taken over do us a favor and go root for IU.
And right now, with OSU losing to Maryland, that "upset" of the Bucknuts doesn't look like that much of an upset. That "explosion" thingy....not so much. But for all those such as you who think he's the Black and Gold Savior, keep hoping he stays.

Louisville getting spanked again. Wondering if they already got the news that Brohm isn’t coming?

One day you will say something positive about purdue.

If we do lose Brohm I'd love to see who you would want for the next coach
I've said a lot of positive about Purdue and even about Coach Brohm. I simply didn't and don't think he's the answer. I've been consistent in that, and that I thought Myles would have been the better choice and would have been here for at least 10 years. And no, I'm not going to root for IU....Brohm is better than their coach.

Reactions: BoilerAlumni12
I've said a lot of positive about Purdue and even about Coach Brohm. I simply didn't and don't think he's the answer. I've been consistent in that, and that I thought Myles would have been the better choice and would have been here for at least 10 years. And no, I'm not going to root for IU....Brohm is better than their coach.
I respect that.

Speaking of OSU looks like OT

What makes him worth that kind of money? He's done nothing to earn that kind of a raise.

The quickest turnaround in Purdue history. 3 top 25 wins. Top 25 recruiting class in year 2. You're really not getting it if that's not good enough based on the current talent.

Are you kidding me? Les Miles over Brohm???

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT