ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm HAS to be better

Mitchell Cumstein

True Freshman
Nov 15, 2020
Being paid way too much money to throw vanilla offense and defense out there. Where is the gunslinger, unpredictable mindset that he showed early on? Hopefully he can watch some tape on Tiller before the next game.

They needed to incorporate a couple of trick plays yesterday. Even if they don't work, it might have given the defense something more to think about.

Reactions: NVboiler
We did move the ball well when he incorporated more receivers. I just don't want a stud receiver getting hurt from over use. We need to spread the love and keep defenses on their heel's.

Reactions: Roeder
For some reason, Brohm has been hesitant to play individuals he deems not to be ready. For example, Hewitt. I'm sorry but we had a net rushing total of 2 yards yesterday. Horvath is a beast. But you gotta mix it up a little with some speed to the outside. Horvath doesn't bring that.

This is kind of why I avoid this forum not only on the weekends, but certainly during a game. Here we have all these people giving a division one coach advice yet not a single one of them knows what is going on with the team internally nor have ever coached at a collegiate level. Only thing missing is pat blaming this on Wheeler somehow, but given time I am sure that will come around.

We were in position to tie or even win a few times late in the 4th quarter and moved the ball against a very good defense. Northwestern is not the cake walk they used to be nor have been for some time now. Ramsey was a very good pick up for their system and even with that, we put ourselves in many opportunities to win or tie like I said.

That alone shows improvement in the program as years prior we would of lost a game like this by a lot as the offense would of just given up, or the defense would of tried to swing arm tackle people and given up a lot of points.

O'Connell is a good QB. He is not perfect by any stretch but for what we need out there he does a good job. For the most part he delivers the ball right on the hands and gives all the wideouts a chance to make a play. I don't really care if he is a walk on, as long as he does that then he deserves to start. Sure I wish he had more mobility and didn't lock on to one receiver at times, but he is an above average QB to say the least which the stats back up.

Also you do what the defense gives you. Some wanted a trick play but if it isn't there, it isn't there. How do we know one wasn't drawn up and just not used? Simple answer, we don't.

Basically all the chicken littles need to back off of the ledge. I guarantee you things are not nearly as bad as you think they are.

Last edited:
They have to get Garrett Miller in more. No linebacker can stay with him. He was outrunning a CB on that TD run yesterday.
Agree we need to see him more. But the CB covering him got horribly picked by the ref . Tom Dienhart has a still picture of it on the other board . But yes, Garrett is a weapon we should use. He’s a matchup problem.

Agree on Miller. Also, is Carr hurt? This offense needs a big target to roam the middle. Also need a change of pace RB to alternate with Horvath. Hopefully Dorue is that guy and can build on last year.
Carr hurt in Iowa game. Still not ready.

This is kind of why I avoid this forum not only on the weekends, but certainly during a game. Here we have all these people giving a division one coach advice yet not a single one of them knows what is going on with the team internally nor have ever coached at a collegiate level. Only thing missing is pat blaming this on Wheeler somehow, but given time I am sure that will come around.

We were in position to tie or even win a few times late in the 4th quarter and moved the ball against a very good defense. Northwestern is not the cake walk they used to be nor have been for some time now. Ramsey was a very good pick up for their system and even with that, we put ourselves in many opportunities to win or tie like I said.

That alone shows improvement in the program as years prior we would of lost a game like this by a lot as the offense would of just given up, or the defense would of tried to swing arm tackle people and given up a lot of points.

O'Connell is a good QB. He is not perfect by any stretch but for what we need out there he does a good job. For the most part he delivers the ball right on the hands and gives all the wideouts a chance to make a play. I don't really care if he is a walk on, as long as he does that then he deserves to start. Sure I wish he had more mobility and didn't lock on to one receiver at times, but he is an above average QB to say the least which the stats back up.

Also you do what the defense gives you. Some wanted a trick play but if it isn't there, it isn't there. How do we know one wasn't drawn up and just not used? Simple answer, we don't.

Basically all the chicken littles need to back off of the ledge. I guarantee you things are not nearly as bad as you think they are.

Well said and if I didn’t watch the game myself, I would’ve guessed we got blown out by some of the posts and reactions on here.

Being paid way too much money to throw vanilla offense and defense out there. Where is the gunslinger, unpredictable mindset that he showed early on? Hopefully he can watch some tape on Tiller before the next game.
His offense at Western Kentucky was much more exciting than what I've seen from the past 2 games. I actually fell asleep during the Northwestern game.

Well said and if I didn’t watch the game myself, I would’ve guessed we got blown out by some of the posts and reactions on here.
The posts and reactions are in response to a not so great offense. Brohm was paid to bring an explosive offense to Purdue. He has the talent on the field. Now it's time for him to show he can do it.

Reactions: Inspector100
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT