ADVERTISEMENT

Brian: TE

piadef

True Freshman
Gold Member
Oct 26, 2003
We will only have 3 TE on the roster next year, that looks thin. Are we looking at any recruits?

We will only have 3 TE on the roster next year, that looks thin. Are we looking at any recruits?
I don't remember us having any TEs in for a visit during this recruiting cycle. We offered some but I don't think that was a priority this year. I'm excited to see the two freshmen next year and we know we have a good one in Durham. I am also guessing Carr could help that position if a another body was needed for some reason.

Reactions: ChuckJr
We went after a couple high end TEs in 2020 but they went elsewhere. After taking 2 last year it wasn't a priority for this class

We went after a couple high end TEs in 2020 but they went elsewhere. After taking 2 last year it wasn't a priority for this class

Agree - with two freshmen and a redshirt freshman it would make sense to get one in the 2021 class instead. Really like the 3 who are on the current roster too.

I don't remember us having any TEs in for a visit during this recruiting cycle. We offered some but I don't think that was a priority this year. I'm excited to see the two freshmen next year and we know we have a good one in Durham. I am also guessing Carr could help that position if a another body was needed for some reason.
Jack Cravaack has moved to TE so we have 4 on the roster. We did host Jonathan Odom from Tampa on an official visit but he committed to Florida as his dad also played there

I am also guessing Carr could help that position if a another body was needed for some reason.

No! Carr has made crystal clear that he has zero interest in playing TE. That’s a big reason why he’ll be here and not Georgia...

No! Carr has made crystal clear that he has zero interest in playing TE. That’s a big reason why he’ll be here and not Georgia...
Yes, he is excited to join Bell and Rondale as a WR. No interest in TE. He is also looking to it make it three consecutive BT Freshman of the Year at WR.

Jack Cravaack has moved to TE so we have 4 on the roster. We did host Jonathan Odom from Tampa on an official visit but he committed to Florida as his dad also played there

Cravaack was originally recruited as a TE, and was rated as roughly a top 50 TE recruit out of high school. Probably more of a blocker than all out receiving end.

Haha, that last part was a bit of a joke. I thought with all the talk on here about Carr being a TE vs a WR that that would have been obvious and no TIC would have been needed, but oh well...

Reactions: BlkGoldHoops
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT