ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Lankford Johnson transfers

Figured this was coming after not getting any playing time the second half of the year.

this was predicted by many.

My prediction of who will transfer next: a WR ! We have got way too many WRs on our roster. Adding Bonner, Anderson, Taylor and Moore, the future for WRs who didn't contribute this year is zero.

My prediction of who will transfer next: a WR ! We have got way too many WRs on our roster. Adding Bonner, Anderson, Taylor and Moore, the future for WRs who didn't contribute this year is zero.
Agreed. As in which WR may transfer I won't speculate, but it may come down to who is able to find a D1 scholarship with playing time. You've got to think some guys have been putting out feelers. I don't necessarily think BLJ was lowest man on the depth chart at RB, but one who found a better personal opportunity for himself.

I'd probably say Burgess will transfer

as for BLJ, he surprisingly hardly played at all the second half of the season. I don't recall him really being injured. he has talent, but he wasn't going to use it here.

as for BLJ, he surprisingly hardly played at all the second half of the season. I don't recall him really being injured. he has talent, but he wasn't going to use it here.
Not really surprising at all. Brohm puts an emphasis on backs who have the ability to do it all. They need to be able to run tough, catch the ball out of the backfield, and pass protect. This gives his offense the best ability to be unpredictable and opens up his play calling abilities without having to sub in frequently. Those attributes account for the top two backs in Jones and Knox while Fuller and Worship showed the ability to do so while the season started and they were given more chances. At best, that put him 5th in line this season and going in to next season he likely is 5th or 6th at best. Absolutely not surprised he didn't play this season as Brohm was trying to put his best players on the field as much as possible and BLJ didn't serve that purpose.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Not really surprising at all. Brohm puts an emphasis on backs who have the ability to do it all. They need to be able to run tough, catch the ball out of the backfield, and pass protect. This gives his offense the best ability to be unpredictable and opens up his play calling abilities without having to sub in frequently. Those attributes account for the top two backs in Jones and Knox while Fuller and Worship showed the ability to do so while the season started and they were given more chances. At best, that put him 5th in line this season and going in to next season he likely is 5th or 6th at best. Absolutely not surprised he didn't play this season as Brohm was trying to put his best players on the field as much as possible and BLJ didn't serve that purpose.
best wishes to him, he has talent. Maybe winds up at a MAC school like WMU, Ohio, or Toledo. I thought he and Wegher might be the odd guys out and as far as a WR goes , Benaih Franklin doesn't seem to be in the mix.

Ya, assuming all of Tario Fuller, Markell Jones, DJ Knox, and Richie Worship are healthy next year, it's hard to see where Brian's PT was going to come from. I wish him the best.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT