ADVERTISEMENT

Brent Vigan...Montana State

Maybe he'd come to PU as the Offensive guru. HC at Montana State two years, 24-4 overall and 15-1 in conference and made the playoffs both years. Take no prisoner offense and attitude.

Would have been a great choice for HC.
Making $210 K now… we could triple his salary easily.

But would he come? He'd be my first choice, but he's from that area and I doubt BoBo would spend to get what it takes.
They’ll spend MORE than triple his salary on OC. They are working with $5.5 - $6 million just for the assistants.

Whether he wants to move from Montana, who knows.

Reactions: purduepat1969
But would he come? He'd be my first choice, but he's from that area and I doubt BoBo would spend to get what it takes.
We have 6 mill allocated for the asst coaching budget! 600-750k...could do it! But dont know why he would go from head coach to asst coach! Who ever the asst coach there now is maybe the guy you look at if he is the play caller!

We have 6 mill allocated for the asst coaching budget! 600-750k...could do it! But dont know why he would go from head coach to asst coach! Who ever the asst coach there now is maybe the guy you look at if he is the play caller!
Maybe he comes for the money and next in line for the HC job. I don't understand this hire at all.

Proven guys go for $8-12 million. Keep up. Heard of inflation ?
Tell me the last assistant you know of, other than Ryan Day who did anything his first, second, or third year? And Day had coached in the pro's.

I didn't like Brohm's hiring, but he ended up winning a few games. And he was a prior HC. I can see this turning out to be another Haze blowing over Purdue.

Tell me the last assistant you know of, other than Ryan Day who did anything his first, second, or third year? And Day had coached in the pro's.

I didn't like Brohm's hiring, but he ended up winning a few games. And he was a prior HC. I can see this turning out to be another Haze blowing over Purdue.
Didn’t Kirby Smart just do it? Pretty sure it happens pretty often.

Dabo

Barry Switzer. Or Tom Osborne. Others already noted Ryan Day and Kirby Smart. Day and Smart were never a HC prior to their current position. Barry Alvarez started poorly, was 3-4 down yrs and then Wisky started to roll.

Reactions: Beorik
Barry Switzer. Or Tom Osborne. Others already noted Ryan Day and Kirby Smart. Day and Smart were never a HC prior to their current position. Barry Alvarez started poorly, was 3-4 down yrs and then Wisky started to roll.
Hell Nick Saban I believe was 9-2 in year one as a head coach, then had 2-3 years with 6 or 7 wins and then took off like a rocket.

Anyone that thinks that a coach will struggle automatically because they have never been a head coach just doesn’t pay attention.

There is no real way to predict drive, focus, and relentlessness when given an opportunity. But I am optimistic from what I have seen so far.

Dave Aranda.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT