ADVERTISEMENT

Brees signs with NBC as the new analyst for Notre Dame football ...

BoilerBonz

Senior
Sep 5, 2002
NEW YORK (AP) Drew Brees is headed from the Superdome to the Golden Dome.

The quarterback great joined NBC Sports on Monday, a day after announcing his retirement from the NFL. He will serve as an analyst for Notre Dame games as well as work from the studio during "Football Night in America" on Sunday nights.

Reactions: Purdue80

The quarterback great joined NBC Sports on Monday, a day after announcing his retirement from the NFL. He will serve as an analyst for Notre Dame games as well as work from the studio during "Football Night in America" on Sunday nights.

Going to be hard to be unbiased when ND plays Purdue on September 18th.
His paycheck comes from NBC (Notre Dame Broadcasting Company) so we'll have to understand that we won't be hearing a Boiler Up from his Mic that day.
In all honesty, wonder what his work week will look like. Once you have the roster names down pat, have done some practice runs on computer simulation, what more is there? ~30 hrs work including traveling up the 1-2 days before the game to be part of the media interviews, write up and have key notes to comment on game day.

I hope Purdue gets a win up there as it would be interesting to see how he handles it. I'm sure he'd be the Pro about it with the public audience, but if he came down to Purdue's locker room post game, I'd expect it to be a very different private story.

I genuinely hate that he is doing ND football...hate it...hate that he is associated with it, much less could in some way (if any way) benefit it.

I hate even more the prospect of his calling the ND/Purdue game this year in South Bend...he unfortunately did not have much success there at a player, and, I hate the idea of him going over that or waxing even poetic at all about the "Holy Grail" that allegedly is ND football.

My hatred for ND has waned over the years. Maybe because we don't play them regularly, so it is hard to see them as rivals. Maybe because, despite the arrogance, they generally don't come across as idiots like IU fans. Maybe it is maturity...??? naaaaah. But anyway I think this is sort of the icing on the cake for me. If Drew can stomach them, so can I. Not gonna cheer for them, but I'll tune in to watch from time to time just to catch him in his next chapter.

What, to judge the new event of surfing? He probably picked up on it during his time in SD.
Once they add couch surfing, I'm in.
Not to steer it another direction (pun intended). Surprised that couch racing isn't a new purdue grand prix event.
Get the Engineers thinking out of the box.

Not to steer it another direction (pun intended). Surprised that couch racing isn't a new purdue grand prix event.
Get the Engineers thinking out of the box.
And it looks like they were in the fast lane...That is outstanding if legit. Of course it should be in the olympics.

Reminds me of the legendary Lawnchair Larry - a man who, unlike me, couldn't just sit around.

I genuinely hate that he is doing ND football...hate it...hate that he is associated with it, much less could in some way (if any way) benefit it.

I hate even more the prospect of his calling the ND/Purdue game this year in South Bend...he unfortunately did not have much success there at a player, and, I hate the idea of him going over that or waxing even poetic at all about the "Holy Grail" that allegedly is ND football.

you should hate that the mediocrity that was tolerated around here after the 18 season.. things like the diaco hiring, retaining certain other coaches, coaches including brohm not seeing what they had at some positions and being like “we need to ring the bell and find a Josh imatorbhebhe solution right NOW”...

Is going to add up to ND thumping us. The thumping is gonna be way harder to watch than brees calling it.

as It’s happening, just imagine someone here like “come on guys, the Diaco hiring isnt bad”

“the strength and conditioning program isn’t that bad right?”

And it looks like they were in the fast lane...That is outstanding if legit. Of course it should be in the olympics.

Reminds me of the legendary Lawnchair Larry - a man who, unlike me, couldn't just sit around.

I remember Lawn chair Larry. LOL
A fine line between genius and insanity.

Here is a longer video of the 90 mph sofa in England. You get a coffee table front bumper to Engine back of sofa view. I’m Electrical, but I’m impressed as hell with the man’s ingenuity with his Mechanical controls to run the Sofa mobile.
Enjoy!

Last edited:
Reactions: Riveting
It’s a shame he’ll be featured in such a limited market -- Notre Dame games only, as opposed to the whole SEC like Gary Danielson or the whole nation like Bob Griese, Len Dawson and Hank Stram -- but then Drew won’t have to spend as much time in the film room and will have more time in the wrestling room with his boys. Quite a crew.

It’s a shame he’ll be featured in such a limited market -- Notre Dame games only, as opposed to the whole SEC like Gary Danielson or the whole nation like Bob Griese, Len Dawson and Hank Stram -- but then Drew won’t have to spend as much time in the film room and will have more time in the wrestling room with his boys. Quite a crew.
This is training ground to move up.

Reactions: Purdue85
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT