ADVERTISEMENT

BREES - all time NFL record book

njm8845

Senior
Jul 1, 2008
Career Completions:
Brees is 13 completions shy of Favre's record. Will likely break it in 2018 week 3.

Career Passing Yards:
Brees is about 800 yards shy of Manning's record. Will likely break this by 2018 week 7.

Career Passing Touchdowns:
Tied with Brady for 3rd all time; 46 behind Manning. Will pass Favre sometime this year. Both Brady and Brees may pass Manning by end of next season. Whoever plays longer will likely hold record.

Season Completions:
For most completions in a season, Brees has the top 3 years. He also has 6 out of the top 10 years.

Season Passing Yards:
For most yards in a season, Brees has 4 of the top 6 seasons. He also has 6 of the top 11.

Outstanding work! That guy has been about as steady as they come. What a career.

Career Completions:
Brees is 13 completions shy of Favre's record. Will likely break it in 2018 week 3.

Career Passing Yards:
Brees is about 800 yards shy of Manning's record. Will likely break this by 2018 week 7.

Tied with Brady for 3rd all time; 46 behind Manning. Will pass Favre sometime this year. Both Brady and Brees may pass Manning by end of next season. Whoever plays longer will likely hold record.

Season Completions:
For most completions in a season, Brees has the top 3 years. He also has 6 out of the top 10 years.

Season Passing Yards:
For most yards in a season, Brees has 4 of the top 6 seasons. He also has 6 of the top 11.
It’s a shame of the wasted seasons on the bench in SD. Hasn’t Brady said he wants to play 5 more years? Bree’s won’t last that long I doubt, and Brady had the luxury of starting late in his rooky season after the injury to the starter.

Do your job Tom! He didn't look good yesterday nor did the Patriots. Once Belichick retires, look for Tom to follow suit. A good chance both Brees and Brady retire in the same year. Both have kids and will want to spend more time with them as they get older. I'd be surprised it both went beyond next year's 2019 season.

It’s a shame of the wasted seasons on the bench in SD. Hasn’t Brady said he wants to play 5 more years? Bree’s won’t last that long I doubt, and Brady had the luxury of starting late in his rooky season after the injury to the starter.

This is not true.

Brees has 250 regular season starts. Brady has 253 regular season starts. Neither one started their rookie year, and Brady lost a season to injury. But Brees has 13 playoff games, and Brady has 37.

If you want to blame something for Brees not racking up even more stats, look at his defense. Even an average one over the years would give him quite a few more playoff starts.

This is not true.

Brees has 250 regular season starts. Brady has 253 regular season starts. Neither one started their rookie year, and Brady lost a season to injury. But Brees has 13 playoff games, and Brady has 37.

If you want to blame something for Brees not racking up even more stats, look at his defense. Even an average one over the years would give him quite a few more playoff starts.
The NFL does not include playoff stats when compiling career stats.

This is not true.

My memory stands corrected.

Career Completions:

Career Passing Yards:

Season Completions:

Season Passing Yards:
which makes the saints relative competitiveness all the more shocking. 1 conference championship. ouch.

This is not true.

Bountygate didn't help either. There were a few years where New Orleans had enough on defense. Also, the Saints have let a couple of divisional round games get away from them, notably 2011 and 2018.

Drew Brees has been remarkably consistent at a high level with hall-of-fame production, and will hold most of the career QB records by the time he retires.....but it takes a total team and some good fortune to finish on top winning the Super Bowl.

One of three Purdue quarterbacks to have done so, along with Len Dawson and Bob Griese.

Reactions: BoilerGal74
One of the things I cannot stand this year is the Aaron Rodgers rule. You may as well put QB’s in Tutus and leotards. Too many roughing the QB calls already and we are only in week 2. Within a step and you hit them as they are releasing the ball should be no foul. Your asking players to dial it back and watch QB’s pick them apart.
My point is new QB’s will smash all these records now that they are playing flag football with the QB’s. Good QB’s will have very long careers with little to no wear and tear down the road.

Reactions: pb1941
One of the things I cannot stand this year is the Aaron Rodgers rule. You may as well put QB’s in Tutus and leotards. Too many roughing the QB calls already and we are only in week 2. Within a step and you hit them as they are releasing the ball should be no foul. Your asking players to dial it back and watch QB’s pick them apart.
My point is new QB’s will smash all these records now that they are playing flag football with the QB’s. Good QB’s will have very long careers with little to no wear and tear down the road.

Maybe, but if you look at the per season yardage totals, no one is touching Brees there, at least so far. Even if QBs are more protected, he and Brady are incredible decision makers.

It also shouldn't be overlooked that Brees has played for a coach that hasn't tried to fit him in a box that didn't suit him. Payton has allowed Drew to play towards his own personal strengths and converted his playbook to that. Way to many times there are OC's and HC's trying to take a guy and simply make him something he isn't as a QB rather than altering their own approach and playbook.

Hell, we are Purdue fans saw that with John Shoop trying to make Rob Henry a drop back passer.

Reactions: BoilerGal74
If only New Orleans had some semblance of a defense for more than one of those years.

I guess that could go both ways. It's true that NO have had horrible defenses over the years, but due to their ineptitude, Drew had to throw all the time in an attempt to stay with the other teams!!

Brees should have the single season passing record too. The pass on which manning broke (barely) the record was a backward pass and should have been counted as a run

Brees is going to run for the mayor of New Orleans when he is done with football. Will win in a landslide. Just kidding, kind of.

Brees is going to run for the mayor of New Orleans when he is done with football. Will win in a landslide. Just kidding, kind of.
Why kidding? If he really wanted that, which I doubt, he'd garner tremendous support. Him and Archie Manning might be the 2 most popular people in NOLA ever. Personally, I think he'd do more good for the community continuing the endeavors he has already done. This is coming from a guy who wonders why anyone would want to enter politics.

Why kidding? If he really wanted that, which I doubt, he'd garner tremendous support. Him and Archie Manning might be the 2 most popular people in NOLA ever. Personally, I think he'd do more good for the community continuing the endeavors he has already done. This is coming from a guy who wonders why anyone would want to enter politics.

Normal people don't

He throws 3 TD passes, rushes for 2 TDs, and passes for 396 yards to propel New Orleans to a win over Atlanta.

Just 417 yards from passing Manning in total yards, too. OP's guess of getting that record by game 7 maybe be off by at least two games.

Can’t say I wouldn’t mind seeing him retire. Wondering if he would return to his alma matre and help the football program in some capacity. Or would he stick with the Saints staff. Do any of my brothers here know if he wants to go to the TV booth? Come to think of it, I don’t remember what his major was? Anyone?

Can’t say I wouldn’t mind seeing him retire. Wondering if he would return to his alma matre and help the football program in some capacity. Or would he stick with the Saints staff. Do any of my brothers here know if he wants to go to the TV booth? Come to think of it, I don’t remember what his major was? Anyone?
If i recall, business mgt. Could be wrong though

He has the rest of his life to help Purdue. Why not play when he continues to do so at a high level?

Normal people don't

If I remember correctly, he has expressed interest in doing that, but having worked on several campaigns, I think he will learn quickly that it does demand a lot of time. He could do it, but I agree with others that he could probably accomplish more through his foundation and other philanthropic activities.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT