ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Newman

Apr 11, 2019
I was looking to see what his stats were this year. Did he really avg 36 points and 15 boards a game or was that just one game?

Yeah, he is terrible, but you know, he really wanted go to IU. He only committed to Purdue after IU turned him down. :cool:
I think Newman and Franklin will both be good 4 year players. Newman may play more his freshman year though. Franklin has Phin, Green, and Hunter if he’s healthy in front of him. I look for Green to have a big senior season and Phin to take it to another level. The problem is if he’s as good as I think he may be, next year could be his last. I think IU has a good season next year due to those two mostly. If I’m wrong then I guess they won’t be any good. I’m not sure who Newman has in front of him other than Nojel?

I think Newman and Franklin will both be good 4 year players. Newman may play more his freshman year though. Franklin has Phin, Green, and Hunter if he’s healthy in front of him. I look for Green to have a big senior season and Phin to take it to another level. The problem is if he’s as good as I think he may be, next year could be his last. I think IU has a good season next year due to those two mostly. If I’m wrong then I guess they won’t be any good. I’m not sure who Newman has in front of him other than Nojel?

Naturally....you know we have no one else who knows what that round ball is behind Nojel. Especially since our Freshman all got minutes this year. I’m sure you saw them at the Dance....oh wait...I guess you didn’t.

I can't believe this actually has to be said, but.... Phinisee will not be in the NBA lol
Trolls on hear laughed at me early last season when I said Purdue wasn’t a good fit for him because he’s not as good as Eastern or Hunter... I stand by that. He would ride the pine at Purdue.

Trolls on hear laughed at me early last season when I said Purdue wasn’t a good fit for him because he’s not as good as Eastern or Hunter... I stand by that. He would ride the pine at Purdue.
It would be hard for you to argue Hunter had a better freshman year than Phinisee.

It would be hard for you to argue Hunter had a better freshman year than Phinisee.
Not really. Hunter played a pretty big role for us by end of season. He was playing behind 2 really good guards. RP would have no more minutes than Hunter had he been here. Hunter was also huge when NE went down in the tourney. RP really did nothing to impress me. He is where he should be.... Playing for IU.

Maybe. Not sure.

There's no way he's starting over 'Jel.

And he would have had a helluva time displacing the other guards.

IU was the only choice for him. Thinking "NBA" for him is just daffy.

Reactions: mathboy
Not really. Hunter played a pretty big role for us by end of season. He was playing behind 2 really good guards. RP would have no more minutes than Hunter had he been here. Hunter was also huge when NE went down in the tourney. RP really did nothing to impress me. He is where he should be.... Playing for IU.
I wouldn't trade RP for Hunter, but that's fine. He's on your team, so obviously you should defend him.

I wouldn't trade RP for Hunter, but that's fine. He's on your team, so obviously you should defend him.
Hunter was huge for us defensively and scored some timely points for us in the tourney. RP is fine, but he had a bigger chance to be something on a team that needed someone to be something and he didn’t. Hunter did that on a really good team against really good talent.

Reactions: Schnelk
Hunter was huge for us defensively and scored some timely points for us in the tourney. RP is fine, but he had a bigger chance to be something on a team that needed someone to be something and he didn’t. Hunter did that on a really good team against really good talent.
RP had a better year than Hunter. It's really not debatable. Hunter was very bad offensively, and defensively he was your 2nd worst defender behind Cline according to Drtg. Hunter would not have played if RP had considered/committed to Purdue.

RP had a better year than Hunter. It's really not debatable. Hunter was very bad offensively, and defensively he was your 2nd worst defender behind Cline according to Drtg. Hunter would not have played if RP had considered/committed to Purdue.
You clearly have not watched Hunter play. He guarded whomever Nojel was guarding most often and when he wasn’t backing up Nojel, he was giving CE a break, especially in the tournament. That’s two huge roles to fill, which he did and RP, well, he beat out Devonte Green to lead IU to the NIT. Thanks for the laugh.

I don’t know why people are so fixated on comparing Phinisee and Hunter. The comparison will be Thompson and Phinisee. Thompson was why we had no need for Phinisee.

You clearly have not watched Hunter play. He guarded whomever Nojel was guarding most often and when he wasn’t backing up Nojel, he was giving CE a break, especially in the tournament. That’s two huge roles to fill, which he did and RP, well, he beat out Devonte Green to lead IU to the NIT. Thanks for the laugh.
I watched most Purdue games this year. RP would have played a much bigger role than Hunter did. Hunter would have been more effective if he brought anything to the offense.

I watched most Purdue games this year. RP would have played a much bigger role than Hunter did. Hunter would have been more effective if he brought anything to the offense.
Hunter’s contributions in 4 NCAA tournament games > anything Phinisee did on a mediocre IU team.

Reactions: Bulldog6969
ADVERTISEMENT