ADVERTISEMENT

Boogie Cut Again 😢

depthcharge623

Sophomore
Dec 31, 2013
Saw that the Pistons cut him. Such a shame. I feel like teams aren’t even giving him a real shot.
I was really looking forward to the possibility of he and Ivey playing together.

Reactions: DAG10
Saw that the Pistons cut him. Such a shame. I feel like teams aren’t even giving him a real shot.
I was really looking forward to the possibility of he and Ivey playing together.
Better now than later I guess. Hopefully this still gives him time to hook up with another team for summer league.

Reactions: pboiler18 and DAG10
Officially, "cut" is probably the wrong word. The Pistons didn't pick up the team option. Either way he's no longer a Piston. Would have been very cool to see him and Ivey together.

Wonder if he tries to stay in the NBA or head overseas?

Last edited:
I guess you’re right, I didn’t read the details. I had heard he was signed at the end of the season for a “two year deal.” But I guess you’re saying it was a one year deal with a team option for a second?

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
On 6/28, Det declined a $1.82mil option for 22-23.
Hopefully, he banked some of the $4.5mil he made
over the last couple years. Don't see his name on
any of the summer league rosters, yet.

Unfortunately, this may have been a consequence of the Pistons drafting Ivey as opposed to a big. Then they also picked up a decent piece in veteran guard Alec Burks. At some point there's a roster crunch. Granted, teams can roster more players these days with some of the different rules, but you have to drop some players when you add new ones.

Reactions: pboiler18
Contracts for Corey Joseph, frank jackson and burks all expire (or team option) after this coming season, picking up Burks didn’t leave much room to exercise Carsens team option unless they trade one of these guards away. Doesn’t seem like they want to move Killian Hayes either.

Contracts for Corey Joseph, frank jackson and burks all expire (or team option) after this coming season, picking up Burks didn’t leave much room to exercise Carsens team option unless they trade one of these guards away. Doesn’t seem like they want to move Killian Hayes either.
It’s a long season and things happen so stay ready a phone call can always come keep shooting

I recall Mathias found his way to the NBA in mid season. It could happen for Carsen. If he keeps playing, somebody will notice and take a flyer on him.

ADVERTISEMENT