ADVERTISEMENT

Boiler VB in NCAA

DocRon

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2001
Sheridan , Michigan
Our volleyball women again get into the NCAA Tournament for the 8th straight time. They only need to travel to Louisville to face unranked Tennessee (17-13) on Friday and then, if they win, they will likely face the formidable host, top-ranked In their bracket and nationally ranked #4 Louisville the next night. The Boilers have been to two consecutive Sweet 16’s but the task may be difficult this year.

The Boilers have faced both of these teams earlier this year beating Tennessee 3-1 but being swept by Louisville. The Boilers were selected despite only going 5-5 in their last 10 matches (which are critical to the selection committee.)

Purdue was the last team from the Big Ten to get in leaving Illinois, Michigan and Northwestern looking to next year.

Last edited:
Our volleyball women again get into the NCAA Tournament for the 8th straight time. They only need to travel to Louisville to face unranked Tennessee (17-13) on Friday and then, if they win, they will likely face the formidable host, top-ranked In their bracket and nationally ranked #4 Louisville the next night. The Boilers have been to two consecutive Sweet 16’s but the task may be difficult this year.

The Boilers have faced both of these teams earlier this year beating Tennessee 3-1 but being swept by Louisville. The Boilers were selected despite only going 5-5 in their last 10 matches (which are critical to the selection committee.)

Purdue was the last team from the Big Ten to get in leaving Illinois, Michigan and Northwestern looking to next year.

Very surprised no BIG at large bids.
Well this year they expanded the ranking from the top 16 to the top 32 so seedings go from 1 to 8 in each bracket.

But yes, I was hoping Michigan with a record of 17-13 might get in - but their league record was poor at 8-12. And their RPI was only #67 which was the next highest Big Ten ranking after Purdue’’s #27. So I can understand why they were left in the cold.

Last edited:
Reactions: rgarlitz
Wow, the venue at Louisville will only hold about 1000 fans. What poor planning when you’ve had a Top Ten team all year.
I’m surprised they aren’t at the Yum Center - but they may move there for the following weekend? ‘Cause I assume Louisville will win out this first weekend and then host again? Or am I “misremembering” how this year’s tourney is being formatted?

Reactions: rgarlitz
Stubhub? Man, with it that close, can’t believe you can’t be there.
Nothing available on Ticketmaster, Stubhub, or Vivid Seats. A good friend is a UofL alum and longtime WBB season ticket holder, I’ll see if she’ll check their ticket office for me for any suggestions.

When Purdue came south to play Louisville early in the season I tried to get tickets then too. No dice. Sold out.

They (UofL) played Notre Dame at the Yum Center in October and had over 9,000 fans. But their normal venue (L&N Arena) only holds like 1200 so I think getting tourney tix is slim to none chance for Friday’s game. I can’t go Saturday ☹️

Reactions: DocRon
In his press conference yesterday Dave said tickets were incredibly hard to get - even for staff and team members. The school had only been given 100.

Reactions: JeffBoiler
ADVERTISEMENT