ADVERTISEMENT

Bilas says that NIL has been good for college sports. Of course, Bilas would say that

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
I think it has been the exact opposite with NIL. There are a couple of good points in the article from Bilas, like how female athletes have been able to benefit, but overall I think the NIL has just caused complete chaos, and will continue to create chaos.

I think it has been the exact opposite with NIL. There are a couple of good points in the article from Bilas, like how female athletes have been able to benefit, but overall I think the NIL has just caused complete chaos, and will continue to create chaos.

WHO? ;)

Of course it's good for CBB. His team, Duke, can now legally pay the star players money and not having to hide it under the table, or disguise it as "donation" through shoe companies to AAU teams coached by the father of a star recruit. Plus, it helps bring irrelevant teams like IU back to life. Of course it's good for CBB according to Bilas.

For the last several years, Bilas has been all about college athletes getting paid in whatever way is possible. This is no surprise. 50% of his tweets are centered around the topic.

Bilas LOVES the sound of his own voice. In fairness, the guy knows the game and has some good insights, IMO. However, I used to like his commentary during games and about NCAA matters a lot more than I do now and certainly disagree with him where the balancing line is on college student/professional athlete. NIL is/was the tool to fuel the fire, and it may burn out of control. So be it.

Bilass (autocorrected to this, seems appropriate) is clueless. No Mackey?!

Honest question, has Bilas ever been in Mackey? Seems like guys like Hummel, Dakich and maybe Bardo have had a lot of the color commentary on our national home games in the recent years. Hard to believe he hasn’t been, but then again I don’t recall offhand any specific game he was at. The last time Vital was in Mackey was probably the Duke game way back in the Hummel years, maybe Bilas was at that one?

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Honest question, has Bilas ever been in Mackey? Seems like guys like Hummel, Dakich and maybe Bardo have had a lot of the color commentary on our national home games in the recent years. Hard to believe he hasn’t been, but then again I don’t recall offhand any specific game he was at. The last time Vital was in Mackey was probably the Duke game way back in the Hummel years, maybe Bilas was at that one?
Right, I don’t think Jay has been to a game at Mackey. This post came out as well yesterday:

Bilas should be in charge of everything......he is the Wiz!

e4ad0b18072c7e02dd0ffb08f3847558.gif

Bilas best moment was when he called the 05 elite 8 game between Illinois and Arizona. Illinois came back from 15 down in the last 3 minutes. Deron Williams hit a 3 in the last few seconds and Bilas screamed. I prefer that to his opinions on everything. But with social media and the new far left (they were left before) ESPN it’s not about the game but their crap opinions.

In its first year, how can any thinking person draw a conclusion that it has been "good"? Everyone is trying to figure it out. Rules have already been violated with no accountability.

ADVERTISEMENT