ADVERTISEMENT

Big Transfer pick up

I read somewhere this morning that he has 4 years of eligibility? Class of 2020. Redshirt, then free Covid (optional) year? Is that how the math works here?

Reactions: pboiler18 and BSIT
I like this a lot. Seems like he’s either buried in the depth chart there or maybe just wasn’t harnessed as a weapon correctly.
The true intent of the portal…get guys in better situations where they can contribute.
If there’s something to be made of him I have full confidence that Hagen can get it out of him. If not…back to the portal he goes. Great depth at an area we have some but lack that kind of size.

Reactions: SKYDOG and BSIT
Agree and I don’t think we can underestimate the importance of Hagen rejoining Purdue’s staff

True. Key will be keeping him long term again.

Will be interesting to see what he can do with the pass rush this year with George and DeMarcus now in the NFL. Sullivan, Jenkins, Syndor and Humprich can hopefully fill in that need.

Sullivan and Jenkins both had some nice games last year hopefully they can do that every game

True. Key will be keeping him long term again.

Will be interesting to see what he can do with the pass rush this year with George and DeMarcus now in the NFL. Sullivan, Jenkins, Syndor and Humprich can hopefully fill in that need.

Sullivan and Jenkins both had some nice games last year hopefully they can do that every game
hopefully, Marcus Washington is next

I like this a lot. Seems like he’s either buried in the depth chart there or maybe just wasn’t harnessed as a weapon correctly.
The true intent of the portal…get guys in better situations where they can contribute.
If there’s something to be made of him I have full confidence that Hagen can get it out of him. If not…back to the portal he goes. Great depth at an area we have some but lack that kind of size.

Read a PSU article saying he just didn't get much PT with a deep DT position. Checked out their depth chart and there is just a lot of bodies. I want to say they bring back all or almost all of their DTs from last year as well and almost all of them are older.

Read a PSU article saying he just didn't get much PT with a deep DT position. Checked out their depth chart and there is just a lot of bodies. I want to say they bring back all or almost all of their DTs from last year as well and almost all of them are older.
That was my impression as well. PSU recruits 4* DT like its nothing.

Typically, I get nervous about highly ranked guys who transfer down and away from competition (falling stars). But at a position where being big and stout is about 75% of the job description, IMO this seems like a guy with a reasonably high floor.

There are all sorts of reasons why he may be transferring, right, including a desire to be closer to home? Has he said why he transferred? I get that competition may be higher at PSU, but system and fit matter a great deal.

I think the talent is there and believe that Hagen can be the one who harnesses it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT