ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Player of the Year- 2 Man Race

So by that logic all 7'4 player should dominate, and history agrees with this? Why is it so hard to admit that his skill mixed with his size is what separates him? His size is nothing if he doesn't develop every other aspect of his game. Plenty of 7 footers have rode the bench against much worse competition because they were not skilled enough.

TJD is impactful because of his size, mixed with his abilities (Quickness, Vertical, certainly not because of his jumpshot), If TJD was 6 foot he would just be a quick explosive guard without a jumpshot, we see those everywhere.
Did I say that? Purdue fans struggle mightily with reading comprehension.

This exchange is funny because TJD and Zach are very similar in that their physical attributes are what make them great.

TJD is an elite athlete. He has improved as a basketball player but without his elite athleticism he would be just another guy.

Zach is a physical force of nature due to his size. He's become a much better basket player but if he were 6'10" he would be just another guy.
and if I had no brain I would be supporting something other than the historic, longevity, greatness of Purdue Basketball rather than a flash here and there. Sorry, just had to inject that. Carry on...I'm exhausted! ;) If camels and people were smaller, going through the eye of the needle would have little meaning

• Haha
Reactions: northside100
LOL, I'm just playing man...trying to act like Courtsense on your board. It's so tiring. Welcome to the board and enjoy your stay.
F**K this guy. He makes a bet, loses and then refuses to pay his debt. This guy is a welch and a mooch. He won't man up.

• Haha
Reactions: HoosierTim
He is impactful. Because of his size. Why are you getting so butthurt about that fact? Do you really think him being 7-4 300lbs has no impact on the game? No one is saying he's bad at basketball, but what separates him from everyone else, is his size. When you talk about Edey, TJD, Timme, Oscar, the dude from Arizona, Dickinson... The biggest difference is that Edey has 4+ inches on all those dudes. They are all very talented but Edey has that massive deciding factor that can't be matched in college basketball.
Would Davis be as impact is her were say....6'5?

Reactions: Bill4411
Try reading. Good lord, Purdue fans base is nothing but a bunch of Cathy Newman's.
Cathy Newman's what? Your initimating that the only reason Edey is better is because he's taller, as if physcial attributes don't factor into the quality level.

Pay your debts you welcher. Not sure how someone like you lives with themselves being this dishonest.

Cathy Newman's what? Your initimating that the only reason Edey is better is because he's taller, as if physcial attributes don't factor into the quality level.

1. No one likes a welcher.
  2. Who the hell is Cathy Newman? Is she also very tall, or not tall enough?
  3. What is this about "a bunch of Cathy Newmans." Are there more than one of her?

1. No one likes a welcher.
  2. Who the hell is Cathy Newman? Is she also very tall, or not tall enough?
  3. What is this about "a bunch of Cathy Newmans." Are there more than one of her?
I don't know. That was your boy's post about Cathy Newman's. Cathy Newman is the super annoying lady who kept saying to the greatest living (non)American Dr. Jordan Peterson "So what you're saying is..."
If there are more than one of her, I will gladly take the first SpaceX ship to Mars.
IMWRONG said "Purdue fans base is nothing but a bunch of Cathy Newman's." and I'm waiting for him to finish his sentence so we know.

Did I say that? Purdue fans struggle mightily with reading comprehension.
"He is impactful. Because of his size."
"what separates him from everyone else, is his size."

Yes your opinion is that his size is the factor behind his success. I countered by saying that his size and skill is the reason for his success and for TJD's success as well. I'm not sure how any of that could equate to me not being able to comprehend your idiotic post. Why not go to the IU forum and discuss this with your fellow fans?

Reactions: Abugabby
I don't know. That was your boy's post about Cathy Newman's. Cathy Newman is the super annoying lady who kept saying to the greatest living (non)American Dr. Jordan Peterson "So what you're saying is..."
If there are more than one of her, I will gladly take the first SpaceX ship to Mars.
IMWRONG said "Purdue fans base is nothing but a bunch of Cathy Newman's." and I'm waiting for him to finish his sentence so we know.

Oh!
  1. He's not "my boy."
  2. Betcha Cathy Newman is a crap-ass basketball player.
  3. Unless she is also a banana, there's not gonna be a bunch of her.
  4. You having access to rides on the SpaceX ship to Mars is intriguing.
ps: no one likes a welcher

Last edited:
"Just flat better" lol. Skill wise? No. Edey just happens to be talented and 7-4 300lbs.

Edey even out played your boy at Ass Hall. Your House, with everything, including the refs, going your way.

So this really isn't debatable, given the season long performances and head to head, but you keep on being you. LOL 🤡

Reactions: Abugabby
"He is impactful. Because of his size."
"what separates him from everyone else, is his size."

Yes your opinion is that his size is the factor behind his success. I countered by saying that his size and skill is the reason for his success and for TJD's success as well. I'm not sure how any of that could equate to me not being able to comprehend your idiotic post. Why not go to the IU forum and discuss this with your fellow fans?
If Edey were 6-9, 6-10, 6-11, 7-0... He'd still be good. Could still average 20 and 10. He's talented. Softest touch around the rim in college basketball. But it is very clear by just watching, his size makes a literal massive difference. Defense is much more difficult against that height. There are dudes who are 280-300 pounds and 6-8 or 6-10 or whatever. DJ Burns is 6-9 275 for NC State. Averages 12 and 5 in 22 minutes. He makes an impact with his skill, like Edey, but also the fact he's a wide freaking load in the paint.

For whatever reason you can't get through your head that Edey can be very talented, which is why he's good but also be as impactful because he's 7-4 300lbs.

Edey even out played your boy at Ass Hall. Your House, with everything, including the refs, going your way.

So this really isn't debatable, given the season long performances and head to head, but you keep on being you. LOL 🤡
Dang, when the refs are "our way" we get whistled for three more fouls than Purdue?

Edey is uniquely un-guardable and having the best year of any player in college ball (so don't take this as a knock on him), but a stat that doesn't seem to be mentioned much here is assists/turnovers. Edey is not good, and wasn't good last weekend.

Defensively? Edey is also not good at moving his feet defensively. Against less mobile bigs (Dainja, Crowl, Nicholson, Dickinson) that is not a problem at all and he becomes a fantastic rim protector. For instance, I think Edey would destroy Oscar Tshiebwe. But against bigs that can run high screen basket cuts (TJD, Omoruyi) there are many chances for pick and roll lobs. It doesn't help Edey that Smith is not yet there at all in pick and roll defense - IU went at Smith all game long and left Edey in no man's land a few times.

Matchups matter.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Boiler Buck
This is the worst thing about losing to IU.

The IQ on the board suddenly drops and a weird smell appears.
From my time here observing, the basketball IQ is very average and knowledge of basketball nationally is well before average. Very much live in a bubble.

From my time here observing, the basketball IQ is very average and knowledge of basketball nationally is well before average. Very much live in a bubble.
When you left the IU board and came here, the average IQ went down on both boards.

He is impactful. Because of his size. Why are you getting so butthurt about that fact? Do you really think him being 7-4 300lbs has no impact on the game? No one is saying he's bad at basketball, but what separates him from everyone else, is his size. When you talk about Edey, TJD, Timme, Oscar, the dude from Arizona, Dickinson... The biggest difference is that Edey has 4+ inches on all those dudes. They are all very talented but Edey has that massive deciding factor that can't be matched in college basketball.
That’s kind of like saying that Kareem Abdul Jabbar was an average NBA player because if he was 6’6” his skyhook would not have been as effective.

Edey is blessed with more size. TJD is blessed with more explosiveness. What’s the difference? They each have their own God-given advantages.

Bottom line is that TJD is very good, but if the National Player of the Year voting was today, Edey would win overwhelmingly.

Last edited:
That’s kind of like saying that Kareem Abdul Jabbar was an average NBA player because if he was 6’6” his skyhook would not have been as effective.

Edey is blessed with more size. TJD is blessed with more explosiveness. What’s the difference? They each have their own God-given advantages.

Bottom line is that TJD is very good, but if the National Player of the Year voted was today, Edey would win overwhelmingly.
Good lord... Didn't figure this was such a difficult concept.

TJD and Edey share B1G Player of the Week again. Is that normal? I feel like it's happened 2 or 3 times now in recent weeks.

Goodman polled 30 sportswriters to see who NPOY is...Edey got 30 first place votes.

That makes sense. The only other person I could have seen coming close would maybe have been like Brandon Miller for Alabama or maybe Azuolas Tubelis for Arizona. Marcus Sasser doesn't have the numbers. Gonzaga and Indiana don't have the team record for Timme or TJD.

Trayce saw Painter's comments. Classy guys that appreciate each other.

I'm unsure that classy "guys" is the best choice of words. Classy gestures no doubt, but not sold on classy "guys". Matt has coached at Purdue 18 years and during that time he has been exemplary on the court and off the court. Matt is well beyond reproach. However much Matt knows about TJD, he recruited him, and Matt does not recruit bad people. I have no reason to doubt that TJD is a good person. Matt said it, and I have no evidence to suggest otherwise.

However, being a good person isn't the same as being a classy person. Good people can and sometimes do things that are not classy and that is where I see TJD in that he may be a great person, but his repeated antics for a few years fall short of classy. Although he is old for college, he is still young in understanding...perhaps that is why he falls short???

ADVERTISEMENT