ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten in the Playoffs

ChefPoyardee

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2019

If this is true and Ohio State is not eligible for the Big Ten Championship game, does the Big Ten send a team to the playoffs? My gut says no.

Also looks like there is a chance the Michigan vs. Ohio State game could be in jeopardy as well..

As crazy as it sounds, I thought I saw a few wks ago that the CFP doesn't have a minimum threshold for number of games. But there's certainly room for subjectivity amongst the committee to rule against a team with only 5 games body of work vs the rest of the field.

Reactions: ChefPoyardee
As crazy as it sounds, I thought I saw a few wks ago that the CFP doesn't have a minimum threshold for number of games. But there's certainly room for subjectivity amongst the committee to rule against a team with only 5 games body of work vs the rest of the field.
Lower tier bowls are cancelling faster than a snowballs chance in hell. Seems that only the BCS playoff will remain if lucky.

Reactions: ChefPoyardee
I’ve got a brother in law that runs a bowl game. There is no way possible that anyone other than the biggest of bowls can justify playing a game this year. Most of the bowl game momentum is from fans coming into an area and spending craploads of dollars in the local economy. That’s what provides local support for the bowl to actually happen. No fans, no money, no bowl. Without ridiculous TV money.

That is true. There is no minimum game threshold for the playoffs. And IMO, if you take their history out of the equation I think the committee will have a hard time putting in a 5-0 Ohio State that's only quality win is against IU at home by 7.

Have to wonder if Harbaugh's last act as head coach will be finally getting one over on ohio state by not playing that last game...

• Love
Reactions: 4IUSox2 and SKYDOG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT