ADVERTISEMENT

Big recruiting weekend 3/6 and 3/7

StickPurdue

Junior
Sep 17, 2016
Indianapolis
I am probably going to miss a few, but I compiled a list from twitter and decided to put it all in one place for y’all. It is quite an impressive visitors list. I’ll update any corrections or additions, but here is what I have for now.

Visited today (March 7):

Joe Strickland - DE from Brebeuf and likely the number one player in the state ‘22. Currently a 4 star.

Marquael Parks ‘21 5’7 RB from Ohio. #467 overall.

Byron Threats ‘21 5’10 DB (Ath) from Ohio. Saw a video from him running one on one drills and he looks really smooth. I like this kid a lot. #599

Joshua Sales ‘21 OT from Brownsburg, 10th rated player in Indiana. One of several very good in-state OL prospects. #617

Terrence Rankl 3* OL from Ohio. #720

Deion Burks ‘21 5’10 Ath (WR). Friends with Jamari Buddin who retweeted Burks with a train emoji. #763

Tristan Cox ‘21 ILB from Kentucky. #950

Tre Shackleford ‘21 WR from Alabama. #998

Brady Allen ‘22 Gibson Southern (IN) QB.

CJ Hicks ‘22 OT (listed as an Ath) from Ohio.

Micah Perry’s 6’8 318 OT out of AL. 247 has him as a 3 star, unranked composite but has offers from FSU, GT, Iowa State, Kansas, IU.

Visited Yesterday (March 6):

Jamari Buddin - ‘21 4* LB out of Kentucky #259

Gavin Malott - ‘21 absolutely massive at 6’9 320 OT from Trinity Kentucky.

Last edited:
I compiled a list from twitter and decided to put it all in one place for y’all.

Absolutely great work Stick.

As a general thought for everyone, think about the interest these out of state kids really have to Purdue. Would you be able to convince a kid from Alabama, Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Kentucky or even Indiana to spend their own (and parents) time and money to take an unofficial visit? Yes, the families are doing their due diligence but if they weren’t pretty interested, they wouldn’t make the effort. Good to see. Plus they are high quality recruits.

I think this new stable of defensive/special teams coaches are going to really recruit even better and bring in some talent from Illinois, Texas and the Southeast. It also appears Brohm continues to make progress with Indiana. Barclay/Shephard continues to keep good connections to Michigan and the Northeast. Eron Hodges just keeps doing his thing. Coach Brown with his pedigree I’m curious if we land a 4* CB this cycle. We could use as many as we could get. I’d like to see Dale Williams ink some superstars, he’s been successful at recruiting but not great (except Hartwig but he was also a legacy recruit).

I think 2021 class has a ton of potential. Since it won’t be a full class, we won’t be pushing for a recruiting top 20 ranking, but our average recruit ranking should go up for the 4th year in a row (via 247), how can we not be excited about Purdue football? I can’t wait for the 2021 season (yes 2021), you can quote me, Purdue will be ranked.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Absolutely great work Stick.

As a general thought for everyone, think about the interest these out of state kids really have to Purdue. Would you be able to convince a kid from Alabama, Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Kentucky or even Indiana to spend their own (and parents) time and money to take an unofficial visit? Yes, the families are doing their due diligence but if they weren’t pretty interested, they wouldn’t make the effort. Good to see. Plus they are high quality recruits.

I think this new stable of defensive/special teams coaches are going to really recruit even better and bring in some talent from Illinois, Texas and the Southeast. It also appears Brohm continues to make progress with Indiana. Barclay/Shephard continues to keep good connections to Michigan and the Northeast. Eron Hodges just keeps doing his thing. Coach Brown with his pedigree I’m curious if we land a 4* CB this cycle. We could use as many as we could get. I’d like to see Dale Williams ink some superstars, he’s been successful at recruiting but not great (except Hartwig but he was also a legacy recruit).

I think 2021 class has a ton of potential. Since it won’t be a full class, we won’t be pushing for a recruiting top 20 ranking, but our average recruit ranking should go up for the 4th year in a row (via 247), how can we not be excited about Purdue football? I can’t wait for the 2021 season (yes 2021), you can quote me, Purdue will be ranked.
good stuff, hey is Strickland any relation to Fred Strickland? I'm sure PJ is involved w/ that Malott kid.

I am probably going to miss a few, but I compiled a list from twitter and decided to put it all in one place for y’all. It is quite an impressive visitors list. I’ll update any corrections or additions, but here is what I have for now.

Visited today (March 7):

Joe Strickland - DE from Brebeuf and likely the number one player in the state ‘22. Currently a 4 star.

Marquael Parks ‘21 5’7 RB from Ohio. #467 overall.

Byron Threats ‘21 5’10 DB (Ath) from Ohio. Saw a video from him running one on one drills and he looks really smooth. I like this kid a lot. #599

Joshua Sales ‘21 OT from Brownsburg, 10th rated player in Indiana. One of several very good in-state OL prospects. #617

Terrence Rankl 3* OL from Ohio. #720

Deion Burks ‘21 5’10 Ath (WR). Friends with Jamari Buddin who retweeted Burks with a train emoji. #763

Tristan Cox ‘21 ILB from Kentucky. #950

Brady Allen ‘22 Gibson Southern (IN) QB.

CJ Hicks ‘22 OT (listed as an Ath) from Ohio.

Micah Perry’s 6’8 318 OT out of AL. 247 has him as a 3 star, unranked composite but has offers from FSU, GT, Iowa State, Kansas, IU.

Visited Yesterday (March 6):

Jamari Buddin - ‘21 4* LB out of Kentucky #259

Gavin Malott - ‘21 absolutely massive at 6’9 320 OT from Trinity Kentucky.

Added in Shackelford.

ADVERTISEMENT