ADVERTISEMENT

Big difference in cultures...

Abugabby

Junior
Jun 1, 2001
I recently joined a football website startup that focuses on SEC football. All day we've been following recruiting news and posting videos from our nationally recognized recruiting expert. These people are absolutely bonkers over football. At the height of my Purdue fandom I could hang with SEC fans, but they sustain it year over year, decade after decade.

It's kind of depressing as it illustrates how far Purdue would have to go to compete on a national level.

Reactions: ahhculdee
What's really sad to me today is that people aren't even here complaining, they're just not here at all. That's where Morgan has led this program...expectations are as low as they can be and people are indifferent.

Reactions: ahhculdee
We are behind the UAB in recruiting. Let that sink in for minute. Perhaps the answer is to disband the football program until we have a new AD and head coach in place.

What's really sad to me today is that people aren't even here complaining, they're just not here at all. That's where Morgan has led this program...expectations are as low as they can be and people are indifferent.

Have you seen the new DIRECTV commercials starring the Jebediah Purdue family? This Purdue family absolutely epitomizes our BoT, administration, entire athletic department and all the excusemakers/apologists of our alumni and fan base:

[

hammer_down_incompetence_zpsange8dqk.jpg

Last edited:
I agree it was sad to come on here to find out if anything unexpected happened today and instead find simply crickets.

That being said, I would never want to become a SEC type fan where my happiness and self-identity hinges on whether an 18 year old kid signs a paper or not. I desperately want our program to become respectable again but will never have an ounce of envy for the SEC.

I recently joined a football website startup that focuses on SEC football. All day we've been following recruiting news and posting videos from our nationally recognized recruiting expert. These people are absolutely bonkers over football. At the height of my Purdue fandom I could hang with SEC fans, but they sustain it year over year, decade after decade.

It's kind of depressing as it illustrates how far Purdue would have to go to compete on a national level.

I mean, I get what you're saying, but it's a bit overblown. Purdue Football sucks. It has nothing to do with SEC vs. Big Ten or whatever. If any SEC team was in the same situation as Purdue - disappointing for nearly a decade - there wouldn't be much excitement either. Look at Vandy.

The fact of the matter is when there's something to be excited about, people will be excited. Doesn't matter if you're in North Carolina, Alabama, Missouri, Colorado, Arizona or Washington.

There's literally no reason to be excited as a Purdue Football fan right now.

Reactions: Bippus33
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT