ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 Schools WBB Operating Budgets

BoilerPride08

Senior
May 18, 2006
Found this article today that listed the operating budgets for B10 schools in regards to their WBB programs. Purdue is listed at #10 at 3.58 million, only above Illinois, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. This coming from the last BIG school to win a NC as a member of the conference. The top 5 teams who spend the most on their programs are Rutgers, Maryland, Michigan State, Iowa and IU, a team with absolutely ZERO, ZILTCH WBB history before a couple years ago. The school down south is spending roughly 600K more a year on their WBB program compared to Purdue.

I understand that Purdue has always been super financially conservative - especially with their athletic dept - considering that it is 100% self funded. But it really makes you understand perhaps why Purdue has fallen from grace and IU has emerged. Is Purdue, as an athletic department, fully and completely committed to making Purdue WBB a power again? I would say that there are signs where they are obviously not. Yes, KG came at them CHEAP, that's not a question. And obviously they are hoping at striking lightning in the bottle twice with a former alum (Painter), who came in as a young up and coming coach who will lead a program back to national prominence and be a coaching "lifer" and I hope they do. But that's not going to be enough as we are still going to need money to spend on our assistant coaches and recruiting budgets (especially now with recruiting becoming a 365 day ordeal thanks to the transfer portal) and I really don't think that money is there right now to put together an elite coaching staff.

The one thing I respected under Burke is that, while maybe he was a little too loyal to his coaches he hired, but he really made a point to support ALL the programs in the department. Bobinski sure seems to just want to pour everything in Football and then MBB and then let the other sports just kind of figure it out. It's worked so far for volleyball, thanks mostly to Shondell, but I just don't see it working with WBB. VB is going to be in trouble once Dave retires - which isn't too far off. There are schools out there pouring SO many more resources into their programs than Purdue is - and I think this fan base has to wake up a little from that national title day dream we've been in the last 20 years and look around at the reality - we are not playing the same game as many of the other schools.

This is just the B10, mind you, I can't imagine what the SEC schools are pouring into their WBB programs with all that football money they have.

Last edited:
Burke let wbb get into this state, he basically turned his back on the program once it was clear after a few years that Versup wasn't a good coach. He gave her raises and extensions just so he could ignore the program.

Reactions: Big Campus
$600K difference between IU and Purdue doesn’t sound like alot, in the grand scheme of things, but it absolutely could make a difference for recruiting budget, or high quality staffers for things like analytics, strength and conditioning, etc.

I hope the AD sees the value and excitement the WBB program has started back this year, along with VB, Soccer, and now - today - Women’s golf, who just punched their ticket to the NCAA championship in Scottsdale! Go ladies!

Reactions: BoilerUp81
$600K difference between IU and Purdue doesn’t sound like alot, in the grand scheme of things, but it absolutely could make a difference for recruiting budget, or high quality staffers for things like analytics, strength and conditioning, etc.

I hope the AD sees the value and excitement the WBB program has started back this year, along with VB, Soccer, and now - today - Women’s golf, who just punched their ticket to the NCAA championship in Scottsdale! Go ladies!

Unfortunately Bobinksi is a businessman and he only sees the bottom line and that's football and to a lesser extent MBB.

$600K difference between IU and Purdue doesn’t sound like alot, in the grand scheme of things, but it absolutely could make a difference for recruiting budget, or high quality staffers for things like analytics, strength and conditioning, etc. From

Where do you want Bobinski to take the money from? This is a zero sum game, every dollar one of those programs you listed gains comes from another Purdue program losing those same dollars.

Where do you want Bobinski to take the money from? This is a zero sum game, every dollar one of those programs you listed gains comes from another Purdue program losing those same dollars.

Agree completely. My hope is when the new TV contracts are signed that a good portion of. the money is directed tp other programs rather than just knee jerking it into FB and MBB. As a school and program you can accomplish more for less in other areas.

Yes, I know that FB and MBB is where everyone "sees" Purdue and forms their judgement of same. And I want them to be and feel supported and appreciated but chump change for football could put a couple other sports on a. trajectory for real success.

Reactions: JeffBoiler
You can make the argument that this program is a lot more like mid majors than one wants to believe, and that's primarily due to money limitations. Really the only way we are going to be able to keep a great coach here is if said coach is an alum. Curry, who had no connection to Purdue when she came in, used Purdue's recent successes to pad her coaching resume, and jumped at the first offer to leave for greener, richer pastures. I'm not calling Curry a "great" coach because she's not, but she was just young enough in her coaching career to be able to fool Texas Tech into thinking she was - ultimately ending up with a bigger pay day in the end. It was super smart of her looking back on it.

SV was a Purdue lifer and ultimately a decent coach - winning just enough to keep her on solid ground - but certainly no more than that - and she KNEW that the AD didn't have huge expectations for the program anymore (primarily due to not wanting to spend the necessary money to surround her with a great coaching staff) and she would be able to kind of just sail into retirement, collecting as much $$$ as she could to live nicely on it. KG was hired from out of NAIA obscurity because she fits the bill - a good coach who is a Purdue alum, Indiana native, who absolutely bleeds black and gold and thinks of this job is the pinnacle of her career so we could just name a price for her. If she turns into a great coach then we've hit the absolute jackpot as far as the AD's concerned. We were never going to make a run at a big name HC...that was never in the works because this AD will never spend the big bucks for one.

So it'll be interesting to see if KG, unlike SV, becomes a really great HC. Will they pay her what she deserves or just rely on her loyalty to stay here?

Last edited:
First Curry mostly left to avoid getting fired over her gross incompetence in handling the Merriweather affair, twice having ignored reports of KM's cheating, and then trying to act like she never had heard about it when Burke called her on the carpet when Roland went around her. And Burke handled that whole situation very deftly, getting TxTech to pay Purdue about 1 million dollars to hire a coach away from us he was probably going to fire anyway.

Second, Curry was paid in the top 20, maybe top 10 of coaches during her tenure at Purdue, but we have basically kept the salary in the same price range while other schools have started paying WBB coaches a lot more. Still KG is paid significantly more than Frese and MSU's coaches just in her first year, although I suspect Frese makes a pile of moeny from some source otehr than the AD's office to hang around for a 240k or so salary. So I am guessing we pay less to assistants and have a much smaller recruiting budget to be 10th in overall WBB spending. We will never have the budget OSU, Michigan or PSU have, they make so much more off of football than we do its incredible but we should be in the middle of the pack on funding considering our past successes, IMO.

As to not putting money into football when we might get more from next TV contract. Football pays for all of the women's sports. Only two programs at Purdue make money, football and MBB. Everything else loses from 1-3 million dollars a year. So if you don't keep aggressively supporting football, you eventually run out of money to support the other programs as well

Reactions: DocRon
Lots of good stuff in this thread. I would point out that It is hard to make the case that Bobinski should invest a whole lot into the WBB program when B1G programs, as a whole, have only had 5 teams in the Final Four since Purdue won it in 1999 and no B1G teams (while in the B1G) have won the championship since. So that is 5 teams out of 84 Final Four positions (if I am counting correctly). Not a very good representation regardless of how much money is put into the B1G programs.

I think it is also hard to look at public program expenditures and compare school to school. There are many off the book bonuses and supplements which vary greatly from program to program. It does not surprise me that Purdue is in the lower middle half of the conference. We have a young head coach and her staff is mostly young.

Hopefully CKG will achieve success despite monetary limitations and success will breed more support.

And if you look closely, no WBB team recruited in the Big Ten has made the FF since 2005. The list is PSU in 2000, Purdue in 2001, UMinn in 2004, MSU in 2005, and UMaryland in 2015, their first year in the BT with a team recruited in the ACC. Since joining the BT Maryland has slowly lost national credibility IMHO.

Another interesting note I got from examining BT FF teams. Within 5 years of making the FF, all the coahces were either hired away or fired for misconduct within 5 years of making the FF save one. Stringer, Vandeveer, Peck, Curry, McCauhly(sp?), and Frese were all hired out of the conference, although two came back in due to BT expansion. Dunn and Portland were fired. Only Frese at Maryland has stuck around after going to a FF while coaching a BT team. And the only 3 coaches in WBB to take two teams to the FF that I can find all coached their first to reach the FF in the BT, and 2 of the three went on to win a title at their second school with Stringer getting a runner up finish.

It would be interesting to see how those numbers are compiled. I'd be surprised if we're getting an apples-to-apples comparison across the board here. Different schools could allocate costs very differently from one another and there could be expenses that are unique to the circumstances of that particular season or program and not necessarily indicative of how they support the program.

For example, I believe the top 5 schools on the list all played in the NCAA tournament in 2021 which I assume would rack up additional costs but that's not to say that every school on the list wouldn't have funded their team to play in the NCAA tournament had they made it. Or different programs might have had to recognize severance or other non-recurring compensation in one season.

Also, Rutgers(#1) and Maryland(#2) are the outliers geographically and I would assume their travel budget has to be more than most others just to travel to their conference games.

Finally, given the pandemic, last season may have had different programs playing different total games and taking different numbers of road trips. For example, Purdue only played 8 conference road games last season where Indiana played all 10. Again, a difference not necessarily indicative of Purdue's willingness to support the program compared to IU.

I wouldn't read too much into this. If you start to stack these numbers over multiple seasons and see trends that would be more telling. Purdue may still be towards the bottom of the list, I don't know. But it's really hard to draw conclusions based on this alone.

Last edited:
Another sign of schools investing $$$ in their WBB programs - IU just hired Patberg as their "recruiting coordinator". Will Purdue create a similar position? IU's FT coaching staff has a total of 7 people, two focusing ONLY on recruiting. Purdue has a FT staff of 4. Again, is the AD committed to supplying the resources necessary for us to compete against our rivals?

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
Another sign of schools investing $$$ in their WBB programs - IU just hired Patberg as their "recruiting coordinator". Will Purdue create a similar position? IU's FT coaching staff has a total of 7 people, two focusing ONLY on recruiting. Purdue has a FT staff of 4. Again, is the AD committed to supplying the resources necessary for us to compete against our rivals?
Is that something our coach wants?

The problem with these type of reports, is that you have no idea how the funds/expenses of each university's athletic department are assigned. Would have to dig into the financial statements to understand how things are separated. Purdue may have a "general program fund" or something that covers expenses for weight rooms/tutors etc for all sports, while MSU charges each sport proportionally, for example.

While they only have four right now, they had six previously with the operations and development positions. I would guess they get filled before next season starts.
We have a DoBo and video coordinator, both positions being filled early in the season last year.

Is that something our coach wants?

I'm pretty sure any coach would welcome help with recruiting right now considering that it is 1000% harder with the new transfer situation. Schools across the country are adding positions to their staff that focus only on recruiting. Seems like Purdue is behind the ball in both programs, IMO.

I'm pretty sure any coach would welcome help with recruiting right now considering that it is 1000% harder with the new transfer situation. Schools across the country are adding positions to their staff that focus only on recruiting. Seems like Purdue is behind the ball in both programs, IMO.
If that's what she wants that's fine. Perhaps she'd rather organize it differently than what Indiana has and that's ok too. Just saying that every investment doesn't have to be the same as another program so comparing them like this may not reflect a different level of commitment. It may just be commitment in a different form. IU may not even need the recruiting help but they can't even imagine going through a season without Ali Patberg at this point so they created a new position for her lol.

CKG has been on the job for less than a full year at this point. She may still be evaluating exactly what all she wants for the program and additional changes she'd like to make. If she's made that evaluation and wants those positions, I hope she gets them. It could be that it will be something she discusses with Bobinski at a particular evaluation point. Time will tell. Thus far I haven't heard a ton of grumbling about Bobinski not supporting the program like there was under Burke.

Reactions: JeffBoiler
If that's what she wants that's fine. Perhaps she'd rather organize it differently than what Indiana has and that's ok too. Just saying that every investment doesn't have to be the same as another program so comparing them like this may not reflect a different level of commitment. It may just be commitment in a different form. IU may not even need the recruiting help but they can't even imagine going through a season without Ali Patberg at this point so they created a new position for her lol.

CKG has been on the job for less than a full year at this point. She may still be evaluating exactly what all she wants for the program and additional changes she'd like to make. If she's made that evaluation and wants those positions, I hope she gets them. It could be that it will be something she discusses with Bobinski at a particular evaluation point. Time will tell. Thus far I haven't heard a ton of grumbling about Bobinski not supporting the program like there was under Burke.

It's not just IU - a lot of major programs have invested a lot more resources in recruiting because it's becoming even more important and complex than it once was (and it was already extremely important/complex) considering all of your players basically become free agents every April.

At IU - they have 3 FT coaches who recruit, a recruiting analyst and now a recruiting coordinator. Say you lose 3-4 players to the portal every year, that's probably going to be an average of most programs, and it has nothing to do with the program - kids want to play. As a coach, you have like 3-4 week period to find replacements. So you have to sift through hundreds of transfer in the portal - figure out who fits, who is realistic, scout them - and then recruit them (schedule visits, wine and dine) before another coach comes and scoops them up. That's A LOT more work for a HC on top of the normal spring AAU recruiting schedule that is also important and again, A LOT of work. This is why you're seeing high major programs create almost recruiting staffs that focus on keeping tabs and track of players (old recruiting misses, those that were local that might be wanting to come closer to home, etc.) - and then once they're in the portal - that program, thanks to work of these recruiting coordinators will have a head start to securing a commitment.

Also, it's not up to KG to just "decide" - no coach that is coaching in the day in age is going to turn down help in recruiting. It's become absolutely insanely difficult. It's up to whether the athletic department is going to provide the necessary financial support to create the position and pay the person to come and do it. Our fiercest rival is doing it - will we match the support?

Last edited:
It's not just IU - a lot of major programs have invested a lot more resources in recruiting because it's becoming even more important and complex than it once was (and it was already extremely important/complex) considering all of your players basically become free agents every April.

At IU - they have 3 FT coaches who recruit, a recruiting analyst and now a recruiting coordinator. Say you lose 3-4 players to the portal every year, that's probably going to be an average of most programs, and it has nothing to do with the program - kids want to play. As a coach, you have like 3-4 week period to find replacements. So you have to sift through hundreds of transfer in the portal - figure out who fits, who is realistic, scout them - and then recruit them (schedule visits, wine and dine) before another coach comes and scoops them up. That's A LOT more work for a HC on top of the normal spring AAU recruiting schedule that is also important and again, A LOT of work. This is why you're seeing high major programs create almost recruiting staffs that focus on keeping tabs and track of players (old recruiting misses, those that were local that might be wanting to come closer to home, etc.) - and then once they're in the portal - that program, thanks to work of these recruiting coordinators will have a head start to securing a commitment.

Also, it's not up to KG to just "decide" - no coach that is coaching in the day in age is going to turn down help in recruiting. It's become absolutely insanely difficult. It's up to whether the athletic department is going to provide the necessary financial support to create the position and pay the person to come and do it. Our fiercest rival is doing it - will we match the support?
Disagree. It's entirely up to CKG to decide what she wants in her program. You seem to think this is a given. I don't know that it is. I think there are many coaches that know what they want and don't want/need a 6th or 7th opinion on the matter. I don't know what our coach wants and, if she wants it, I hope she gets it. I just don't agree with your assumption that everyone would want it.

Disagree. It's entirely up to CKG to decide what she wants in her program. You seem to think this is a given. I don't know that it is. I think there are many coaches that know what they want and don't want/need a 6th or 7th opinion on the matter. I don't know what our coach wants and, if she wants it, I hope she gets it. I just don't agree with your assumption that everyone would want it.

Like it was up to Painter to decide if he could hire quality assistant coaches? Nope - he had to threaten to leave for Missouri in order for the AD to up his pool of money for assistant coaches. And that was coming from a sport that was experiencing great success at the time and that actually turns a profit.

When it comes to investing more money into a program - which this would ultimately entail because it adds a salary to the WBB budget - it's not up for the coach to decide, the AD will be the ultimate deciding factor. This isn't KG, who has barely a full year of D1 coaching/recruiting experience going... "no no.... I want to do all this by myself... you're already paying me the bare minimum that high major D1 coaches make, save that money folks. We're good here." Again, like it has always done, Purdue is trying to regain national relevance by investing the least amount of money possible. It worked for the men's team - I just don't like the chances of striking lightning in a bottle twice.

Last edited:
Reactions: TC4THREE
Like it was up to Painter to decide if he could hire quality assistant coaches? Nope - he had to threaten to leave for Missouri in order for the AD to up his pool of money for assistant coaches. And that was coming from a sport that actually makes money.

When it comes to investing more money into a program - which this would ultimately entail because it adds a salary to the WBB budget - it's not up for the coach to decide, the AD will be the ultimate deciding factor. This isn't KG, who has barely a full year of D1 coaching/recruiting experience going... "no no.... I want to do all this by myself... you're already paying me the bare minimum that high major D1 coaches make, save that money folks. We're good here." Again, like it has always done, Purdue is trying to regain nationally relevance by investing the least amount of money possible. It worked for the men's team - I just don't like the chances of striking lightning in a bottle twice.
Well the Painter-Missouri thing happened over a decade ago under a different AD that was known to operate under a budget. I actually don't think that's a bad thing but it did rub some coaches the wrong way. From what I've seen, Bobinski operates differently. I don't think our mbb budget is that low anymore.

That said, last I heard from Mitch Daniels is that he expects athletics to pay for themselves so funds aren't unlimited for the entire athletic department, nor for individual programs. Maybe someone has these numbers, but I'm pretty sure the athletic department as a whole operates with the objective to break even over the long-term. I don't think we're just sitting on a stack of cash.

I just don't think there is enough evidence to draw the conclusion that we're not investing into the program appropriately. Yes, the AD would need to approve new positions. It's also something CKG would have to want before he would approve it. And it might mean another part of the wbb budget would have to be cut that she thinks is more important. Are we investing enough into wbb compared to other programs? If not, which program is getting too much? I think if I were the AD my top priority would be football as that's where you can actually make the most money I think. Then men's basketball also makes money and probably has a better chance than football to win on a national level. After those two, I don't think any other program comes close to breaking even so I would make sure every program has what it needs to operate effectively and then start to dish out anything left to where I thought the additional investment would make the most difference on the field/court/pool/diamond/track or whatever. That may change for different programs at different times.

You may be right. There's just so much stuff that goes into making these decisions I don't know how we would know it. I may be jaded because part of my job is budgeting and I know the fight that goes into that process across many different departments (or programs in the case of an athletic department). Every department submits a budget request that includes absolutely everything they could ever want and tries to convince you that they need every last bit of it. Of course, if every department got everything they asked for, any company would go bankrupt in short order. There has to be priorities and choices have to be made. I'd love to see a departmental income statement for the athletic department and the different levels of investments that are made. It's hard for me to be too judgmental without that knowledge.

Reactions: MichaelRR
Again, the OP was talking about if the Purdue athletic dept is willing to invest the appropriate money and resources into turning this program, a program that has reached heights not seen by both men's bball and football, back into a national power. I have not seen any signs that they are financially committed to doing that. Heck, I think they are spending even less now than the last 10 years under SV.

Where is all that money that we are saving in the HC salary going towards? I was hoping that it would go to KG's support staff but that clearly is not the case. It's just difficult to see that our rival is adding all of these positions and further support into the area that is the lifeblood of every program (recruiting) and then you have Purdue who basically just elevated a DOBO to an assistant coach and what, hired a grad assistant? They haven't even hired a new DOBO yet to replace Guyton so I guess she's doing both right now?

Our current support staff situation is that of a mid major and then you have the Hoosiers treating their program like a pro team all of a sudden. Maryland also has two people on their support staff dedicated to recruiting and just look at the results both on and off the court. MD and IU have cleaned up on the portal transfer trail this year, by far the most successful schools in the Big 10 but again that's not saying much because the B10 has been trending down in landing big time transfers compared to the SEC and ACC and other major conferences. The SEC schools are currently passing around each others players like they're playing a card game.

Burke was obviously an extremely tight AD, but he was pretty fair about it. He was cheap with every sport. Bobinski is obviously willing to invest much more into FB and MBB because duh, they are the ones turning a profit - that's a very sound business decision. But I get it - it's essentially trickle down economics - the notion that if you invest in the big boy (football) and then when football succeeds what trickles down will then, ideally, go to the other programs. But the reality is the more Purdue fans taste success in football the hungrier everyone gets and the more you have to "feed the beast" in order to sustain it, so I'm not sure how much actually ends up "trickling down" to the other sports in the end. I get that, in theory, it makes sense, but is it actually realistic or just a nice way to justify doing it? If I'm Brohm, I would want every penny that my program makes (which is pretty small compared to the college football titans he's tasked of going up against both on and off the field) to go towards elevating his support staff and completing the Ross Ade stadium renovations, not to hiring a WBB recruiting expert.

But I guess we as WBB fans, are just going to have to deal with ramifications of having a "smart business man" AD - and in the meantime watch IU's program rise to new heights - fun stuff.

Reactions: DocRon and TC4THREE
Again, the OP was talking about if the Purdue athletic dept is willing to invest the appropriate money and resources into turning this program, a program that has reached heights not seen by both men's bball and football, back into a national power. I have not seen any signs that they are financially committed to doing that. Heck, I think they are spending even less now than the last 10 years under SV.

Where is all that money that we are saving in the HC salary going towards? I was hoping that it would go to KG's support staff but that clearly is not the case. It's just difficult to see that our rival is adding all of these positions and further support into the area that is the lifeblood of every program (recruiting) and then you have Purdue who basically just elevated a DOBO to an assistant coach and what, hired a grad assistant? They haven't even hired a new DOBO yet to replace Guyton so I guess she's doing both right now?

Our current support staff situation is that of a mid major and then you have the Hoosiers treating their program like a pro team all of a sudden. Maryland also has two people on their support staff dedicated to recruiting and just look at the results both on and off the court. MD and IU have cleaned up on the portal transfer trail this year, by far the most successful schools in the Big 10 but again that's not saying much because the B10 has been trending down in landing big time transfers compared to the SEC and ACC and other major conferences. The SEC schools are currently passing around each others players like they're playing a card game.

Burke was obviously an extremely tight AD, but he was pretty fair about it. He was cheap with every sport. Bobinski is obviously willing to invest much more into FB and MBB because duh, they are the ones turning a profit - that's a very sound business decision. But I get it - it's essentially trickle down economics - the notion that if you invest in the big boy (football) and then when football succeeds what trickles down will then, ideally, go to the other programs. But the reality is the more Purdue fans taste success in football the hungrier everyone gets and the more you have to "feed the beast" in order to sustain it, so I'm not sure how much actually ends up "trickling down" to the other sports in the end. I get that, in theory, it makes sense, but is it actually realistic or just a nice way to justify doing it? If I'm Brohm, I would want every penny that my program makes (which is pretty small compared to the college football titans he's tasked of going up against both on and off the field) to go towards elevating his support staff and completing the Ross Ade stadium renovations, not to hiring a WBB recruiting expert.

But I guess we as WBB fans, are just going to have to deal with ramifications of having a "smart business man" AD - and in the meantime watch IU's program rise to new heights - fun stuff.
Yup. And it is getting worse in terms of how much money football will require all the time. Just read Tom Dienhart's column that just dropped (for premium subscribers I think) "Bigger coaching staffs likely coming which means one thing: Rich get richer". The more money that is needed for FB and MBB, the less there is for the "minor" sports. Pretty discouraging.

Yup. And it is getting worse in terms of how much money football will require all the time. Just read Tom Dienhart's column that just dropped (for premium subscribers I think) "Bigger coaching staffs likely coming which means one thing: Rich get richer". The more money that is needed for FB and MBB, the less there is for the "minor" sports. Pretty discouraging.
My question will be where does Title IX come into play? Isn't it supposed to be similar $ per athlete for male and female? Wouldn't that mean that a couple women's sports should benefit (i.e. volleyball and basketball)?

My question will be where does Title IX come into play? Isn't it supposed to be similar $ per athlete for male and female? Wouldn't that mean that a couple women's sports should benefit (i.e. volleyball and basketball)?
Well based on how getting the NCAA to treat WBB like MBB in terms of Final Four and Sweet Sixteen facilities is like pulling teeth, it would be a real challenge to get them to enforce any guidelines that there should be equal funds going into women’s and men’s sports. Obviously that is not happening presently.

Title 9 requires "similar" opportunities and experiences.... not the same. And there are different "tests" that can be applied to see if a school is compliant.

Title 9 is further being undermined by the trans athlete movement, that is pushing an agenda that is already state law in a few places that a male born athlete that has taken testosterone suppressors for 12 months can compete as a female athlete in any sport. When that hits the collegiate level, there will start being less and less born women left in any sport as that free ride scholarship would look pretty nice to a kid trying to find his way to college but not good enough to make a D1 men's program, but could easily start on a women's program anywhere in the country. Two years ago or so the top three finishers at the state women's track meet in the 100 yard dash were all born male. And all it takes is subjecting yourself to a hormone suppressant for your college career, or WNBA if you wanted to take it that far. And for anyone that thinks that is unrealistic, the men's practice players for the women's teams across the country are told to play at 80% so they present a greater challenge than any women's team but won't destroy the women's squad. I forget who it was a few years back but a US women's team on tour in Australia had an opponent cancel so scheduled a game with a boys high school team, and got pummeled. And this was a top ten women's program at the time.

...And all it takes is subjecting yourself to a hormone suppressant for your college career, or WNBA if you wanted to take it that far...
I have heard this type of alarmist crap (with anecdotal stories) for awhile now. It is funny that there is hardly a single example of this happening. Anyone who thinks that all it takes for a male to become a female is a few years of hormone suppressants and that someone would do that just to have a chance at the WNBA is taking the bait.

ADVERTISEMENT